Celeribty Toll free number 39 minuts wait

truel1111

Called Celebrity 800 6472251 help line on Jan 6 and Jan 4. Wait time is over 36 minutes to get to a live person. What happen to their customer service ?

Celebrity site would not allow me to change my email address. Help line told me to open another account with new email address.

Celebrity: you need a new CEO.

Nothing really happened except they were overrun with callers during the time frame you rang up. Usually, for me, the wait is no longer than two (2) minutes or so, that may be due to the fact that I call after 8p est as a rule or my TA calls with me on the line and there has been no wait.

(Past performance is in NO guarantee of future performance....)

bon voyage

If it makes the O.P. feel any better service other places is worse.

The last time I called Air Canada the wait time was over an hour.

The last time I called our Cable Provider they had an automated recording tell me the wait time was over 2 hours, but if I left my number they would call back in a 2 hour window. Now that's poor service !

With Celebrity for the past 8 years, we've used a Travel Agent. Never had a need to call Celebrity, T.A. does all the work, plus provides perks.

Edited by WpgCruise

Still having problems with the Celebrity site. My celebrity lacks my cruise on the Eclipse for next month - therefor no viewing excursions. This has been a problem for me (others are having same or similar problems) since October. Waited for 15 minutes this morning and spoke with a very knowledgeable woman in the Captains Club who was able to unlock and resolve the problem for today.

Maybe Celebrity should use some of the mony saved by cut backs to restructure their own house and hire an outside IT firm. The present IT department would not last very long in any other other situation.

Celebrity - in spite of your self I still favor your product over others!

Hal

That's one of the many reasons we have a Travel Agent who deals with this sort of thing for us. :)

That's exactly I try to avoid travel agent unless I can get a better from travel agent. There is no excuse that customers cannot update their booking, update profile thru Celebrity web site.

Their OSS/BSS is so outdated.

Oh come on,

you act as if this kind of thing is something new.......try getting customer service for a computer issue.....or dealing with an incorrect cable bill...36 minutes is on the low end.

Called Celebrity 800 6472251 help line on Jan 6 and Jan 4. Wait time is over 36 minutes to get to a live person. What happen to their customer service ?

Celebrity site would not allow me to change my email address. Help line told me to open another account with new email address.

Celebrity: you need a new CEO.

I cannot get anything to come up on their website. I usually get the "wait 20 minutes and try again" message. Then I try to call and am on hold for so long that I just give up.

As other have already said make the reservation with a TA. I can call them or leave my number and they will return my call. With the website really really awful for two weeks now they simply cannot answer any more calls.

X announced a completely new website sourced from outside and that hopefully will someday make things better.

And as another stated - waited over 1 hour on American Airlines, 40 minutes for Delta and my phone battery went dead waiting for Quantas.

Hickory - The message I got on the website was "Forget it". LOL

Edited by az_tchr

That's exactly I try to avoid travel agent unless I can get a better from travel agent. There is no excuse that customers cannot update their booking, update profile thru Celebrity web site.

Their OSS/BSS is so outdated.

Not sure where you are trying to log in from, but I can do those things on X's web site, with the exception of booking info which I would do, normally, through my TA if there was good reason to make an immediate change.

It is almost always correct, when I enter it myself, on X's website before transferring to my TA.

Yes, you are correct 'There is no excuse...' then again given my personal experience with other websites such as my telephone, utility etc... when I have challenges with something other or such, there can be long wait or no response during high call times.

I prefer to let my TA handle it, for the most part, that is the reason they are getting the commission...

How others choose to handle it, is fine, yet a quick search of the boards will yield that the website is a 'known' issue and call times can be a challenge pending on when one calls.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I have used a personal planner from Celebrity. I have her extension number and when I need help I call and enter her number. If she is on a call I can leave a message and expect a call back. If she is not working she posts her return time or gives a number for another agent. It is a good system and gets rid of hold times and I feel comfortable since I am dealing with the same person cruise after cruise.

I have used a personal planner from Celebrity. I have her extension number and when I need help I call and enter her number. If she is on a call I can leave a message and expect a call back. If she is not working she posts her return time or gives a number for another agent. It is a good system and gets rid of hold times and I feel comfortable since I am dealing with the same person cruise after cruise.

Yet another, good, way to bypass these sorts of issues, especially if one is set on booking directly with X and want control over the reservation and booking.

Edited by Bo1953

I am sure the Celebrity employees are doing their best to get through the calls as quickly as humanly possible. I bet they would appreciate the patience of the person on the other end of the phone. I called and one celebrity employee informed me they are so busy with calls that management is thinking about mandatory overtime. :eek:

I am sure the Celebrity employees are doing their best to get through the calls as quickly as humanly possible. I bet they would appreciate the patience of the person on the other end of the phone. I called and one celebrity employee informed me they are so busy with calls that management is thinking about mandatory overtime. :eek:

Yes, good point, I have been known to take it out on the front line person who was in a position to help, unless they helped before and the action was not the right one etc.. ;-)

bon voyage

If there is a long hold time American Airlines offers to take my phone #, and then calls me back. Their time estimates for the callback are pretty accurate.

regardless of your reason for calling ALWAYS select new reservation. you will get the shorest wait time as they want your new business. also, these systems can detect if you raise your voice. try screaming when the recording asks you a question. you will get through quicker. :)