are rooms refurbished also?

I have booked the royal family suite on liberty of the seas for january 2017. I'm trying to find out if the rooms are refurbished when the ship is? Right now the room looks dated a bit.

We are trying to figure out if we would rather go on the new carnival vista. Hold your comments carnival haters...I love carnival, NCL, royal carribean, celebrity equally! My family enjoys every ship!

The price for a suite is the same on both boats. Vista has a better itinerary. Vista will cost us $2000 more because of flights to port. We can drive to Liberty of the seas.

If anyone has any idea based on previous refurbishments I would appreciate it. Royal carribean didn't have much info to offer about the rooms.

I'd say chances are very good that LB will get the same treatment, cabin-wise, as NV did in Jan. 2014. All cabins had new furniture, carpet, and drapes in a very interesting design with new carpets throughout the ship.

I'd say chances are very good that LB will get the same treatment, cabin-wise, as NV did in Jan. 2014. All cabins had new furniture, carpet, and drapes in a very interesting design with new carpets throughout the ship.

But on the other hand, Freedom went into dry dock last January and not much changed in the cabins.

OP: Can you wait for a couple/few weeks to make your final decision? Liberty will be out of dry dock and someone may be able to answer your question.

I sure hope the cabins also get a similar refurbishment to the Navigator. I was on the Navigator several times from Galveston and it was quite nice. Was on the Liberty over XMAS and the cabins furnishings were quite threadbare. During the day, you could actually see light coming into the cabin through thin spots in the curtains over the verandah door.

But on the other hand, Freedom went into dry dock last January and not much changed in the cabins.

OP: Can you wait for a couple/few weeks to make your final decision? Liberty will be out of dry dock and someone may be able to answer your question.

I agree. I think that Liberty will not get a complete overhaul of her cabins but just touch ups here and there.

The Navigator was launched in 2002 and her recent drydock was most likely the first time that her cabins had a complete overhaul. Liberty was launched 5 years later in 2007 so I would expect a complete overhaul of her cabins during her next drydock in 5 years time.