Does Guarantee cabin suck? Floor 2?

Looking at a Freedom and Adventure cruise.

The other day I saw a ocean view on floor 2 available, isn't floor 2 bad?

Now, today I check and it changed to guaranteed ocean view...should I go for that and is floor 2 not good?

Should I just get a promenade interior instead which is like floor 6/7?

Now, today I check and it changed to guaranteed ocean view...should I go for that and is floor 2 not good?

Nothing wrong with deck 2. Quiet and easy to get off/on the ship.

Nothing wrong with booking a 'Guaranteed' cabin. It is usually a bit less expensive. But, you have to remember that you will likely get one of the rooms left that nobody else wanted..... Of course, you might be lucky and get a great cabin that someone canceled at the last minute.

I saw somebody posted awhile back complaining that they were assigned a balcony room with an obstructed view for the 'guaranteed balcony' room. Duh....

Not having personal experience with Deck 2 on the Freedom, but being picky about cabin locations.

I would consider an ocean view cabin on deck 2 decent. Would not consider an inside cabin on deck 2 due to the potential of noise from public areas on deck 3

For promenade view cabin I would go with deck 7 and would not consider deck 6 due to potential noise issues.

I have sailed on both Freedom (several times) and Adventurer (and Voyager). Prefer the Freedom class ship over the Voyager Class.

I've been in a Promenade Cabin on deck 6, 7, and 8 and never had a noise problem. I've also been in outside ocean view cabins on deck 2 and 3 and had no complaints. If I had to make a choice I would take a PR because I like the seat by the window. To me it makes the room feel bigger. It mostly depends on the price of the category, inside cabins are less expensive except for the PR's. Booking a guarantee gives you a chance to jump up a category or two. You never know, but at least you get the best price -- there's nothing wrong with that scenario.

I've booked a guarantee inside on RCL and as many suggested, when my cabin was assigned I called and changed it. As long as you choose an available cabin in the same category that you were assigned, they will change it.

We were assigned to an inside on Deck 2...I was able to change to an inside on deck 6 which for us was a better location.

We had to take a guarantee cabin when we booked the Navigator. We got the first balcony on the starboard side on deck 8. I thought of changing it, but we decided to stay with it, since we had never been so far to the bow.

We liked the cabin. The motion was no worse than we had more to the center in the past, but maybe it could have been. One perk was that there was a curved piece of plexiglass that came down from the roof over the balcony to the balcony deck on the side where there was no cabin. It make the balcony larger and we got light and sun from the side of the balcony with no cabin next to us. The cabin was also the deluxe ocean view balcony, which was larger.

Maybe it might look like the worst cabin on the ship, but it wasn't!

Done a bit of research on this as we have been affected. RCI state cabin is allocated shortly before or on the date of embarkation. However it appears that it all depends from where you make the booking.

If you are in North America then the above seems to apply as under legislation you can ask to change cabin before final sum paid without any additional cost.

If you are from Europe ( in our case the UK ) then the cabins are allocated earlier as any changes made even before final sum paid, will incur an admin charge ( in our case £160 ) or not at the discretion of RCI.

Okay I'm not saying that the above happens all the time but from posts I've seen it appears to happen more than not.

If you look at it from the RCI point of view by offering ' Guaranteed Cabins' you can off load the least popular cabins in the booked class without any come back. Therefore these cabins will not be empty.

Like everything in life you pays your money and you take your chance :eek: