Lobster night on the Oasis

smduja

Formal night ("Lobster night" or "Captain's night") is typically the 2nd and 6th nights of sailing. That being said, WHEN the lobster is offered is up to the ship staff's discretion. Those are just the usual nights on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by QueenofKrakatoa

• 2 weeks later...
When I was on the Oasis the lobster was not that good, it was a small warm water lobster that was chewy, the waiter brought me another that one was not any better.

Yeah, I think most of us here would agree that the lobster offered in the MDR (included in your cruise fare, not the upcharge lobster) is definitely not very memorable. Having said that, many passengers enjoy it for what it is. :) It's not often that you order lobster in a restaurant so to be able to have several lobster tails for dinner on your cruise is exciting for many. :)

Grandeur's formal night on Jan 9 had the "fisherman's plate" which included a lobster tail -- it was surprisingly very good! I had three plates of that plus the prime rib :)

I eat seafood regularly and have lobster at least a few times per year, so I am somewhat discriminating.

It was actually the shrimp onboard Grandeur that was a bit disappointing to me (but expectedly so). The royal shrimp cocktail (which I had every night it was offered) was fairly bland and flavourless and other shrimp dishes throughout the sailing were fair to mediocre (e.g. garlic tiger prawns, shrimp in the Singapore noodles, breaded shrimp, etc.).