Cruise crisis cliche. Help.

Mpls35

Is it a closed loop cruise? does he have a drivers license? I found this online unless things have changed:

US Citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port) and travel to destinations in Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Bermuda are able to re-enter the United States with proof of citizenship other than a passport or passport card.

Drivers License, to the best of my knowledge does not show "citizenship". Birth certificates work, however one is not generally carrying that around.

Drivers License, to the best of my knowledge does not show "citizenship". Birth certificates work, however one is not generally carrying that around.

If it is just a Drivers License the "ENHANCED" one is the one that MAY work in place of the Passport for travel within this hemisphere.

For air travel in the mid-term the ordinary Drivers License will suffice but soon by Federal mandate that won't get you on the airplane to get to the cruise ship.

Most states (46 of them) have enough information (digital chip with additional hidden data) to pass muster at this time but why not get the Passport; the

real thing, and avoid the pit falls of not having one ?

A sudden cruise opportunity happens outside of this hemisphere and you can't go because you don't have a Passport ! "A BUMMER" !

Glad to have ultimate confirmation that hubby made it. So many people said congrats when hubby was at terminal ??.

In any case, the great response by the Delta crew and your ultimate success brought a near tear to my eye!

Way to go!

Sitting in my Tampa hotel room post cruise (yes, my husband made it on the ship with plenty of time to spare!) I only have my phone but when I get home I will spare no details in my review of the ship (overall very nice!!!) in an effort to give back to the community. It probably won't touch Mitsugirly's reviews, but I'll try!

Two last notes on this wonderful happy ending: first, my husband recounted to me later his experience at Delta Cargo in Tampa. He arrived nearly sick with stress. He arrived right as the plane had landed; they had told us it would take an hour for the parcel to get off the flight and to the cargo facility. He explained to the guys working there what he was waiting for and they gaped at him and asked him if he needed a smoke! Ha! One guy got on the phone immediately and found out the passport was on the loading slip- he told them to hurry it up because there was a guy here waiting to board a cruise! No joke- his passport was in his hands 15 minutes later. I plan on contacting their supervisors and making sure they knew how appreciated they were.

Second- my friends in Mpls went above and beyond getting the passport to the airport, and my sister in San Diego did her part by getting online and having a big chunk of onboard credit added to our account so we could have a ginormous drink upon arrival! Very much appreciated, especially since we weren't blessed with the UBP.

Thanks again all- my review will be forthcoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So happy to hear that everything worked out! I just happened upon this thread tonight while being unable to sleep. What a great story and great people all around helping. I am a former Delta employee and so glad to hear they are still going above and beyond as well. Kudos to your sister that was a perfect touch. It is about 5 degrees here in Indy so I imagine the cold is waiting for you in MSP as well. :D

If it is just a Drivers License the "ENHANCED" one is the one that MAY work in place of the Passport for travel within this hemisphere.

For air travel in the mid-term the ordinary Drivers License will suffice but soon by Federal mandate that won't get you on the airplane to get to the cruise ship.

Most states (46 of them) have enough information (digital chip with additional hidden data) to pass muster at this time but why not get the Passport; the

real thing' date=' and avoid the pit falls of not having one ?

A sudden cruise opportunity happens outside of this hemisphere and you can't go because you don't have a Passport ! "A BUMMER" ![/quote']

Enhanced Drivers Licenses indeed maybe used to prove citizenship for cruises within the Western Hemisphre but they should not be confused with drivers licenses that are REAL ID compliant. Only 5 states (it may be 6 by now) issue EDLs through an agreement with DHS.

OP I am glad things worked out.