Cruise crisis cliche. Help.

Mpls35

It looks like flight 1366 is the one it will be on. I would be at the pickup location when the flight lands. They gave you clear instructions on where to go and what to do in order to retrieve it, correct? I've only done it once, but they emailed me specific instructions and the name/number of a contact person to meet for my package. Even if he gets it at noon, it should take at most 20 minutes to get back to the port. I think he will be fine.

I would go ahead and check yourself and the rest of the party in to be on the safe side. Then you can find yourself a very strong drink as soon as you set sail :cool: But..I bet no one in your family ever leaves their passport behind again!

So much good advice. Did I mention this is our second cruise ever?! Yes it is on flight 1366, weather looks clear albeit freezing so he will be there at the desk with a look of urgency. He has all the info. For those interested- only cost $80 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than s one way flight to Cozumel! Son and I will haul all the luggage to the port and start pleading early. We will use Uber which has worked remarkably well thus far in our short time in Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you!! Fingers crossed I live in Mpls and it is going to be very cold tomorrow so I hope you don't encounter delays with de-icing! It is 1 degree right now.

I learned something from reading your post, I had never heard of Delta Dash - pretty cool!

I wish you a great cruise and hope it all works out!!!

I so want to know how this turns out. Best of luck to you. I think if it is only a 30 minute drive to port from airport in Sunday traffic he should be ok. But I would let everyone know what is going on. Take most of his luggage with you so he doesn't have to fuss with it. I'll be thinking about you up here in snowy Chicago.

If I were you, I would board the ship with your son and your husband's belongings. Make sure every possible NCL official knows about your situation. And don't forget to smile and have a wonderful time! One day you'll look back and laugh about your Delta Dash!

Terrific advice above. And I would definately do the Delta thing too.

Better safe than sorry.

My experience is a few years ago, seeing a wife, (husband & wife) GET On board without her passport. Similar situation, it got left behind.

I think this happens more than we know, and doubt your husband would be left behind without it. They just Don't want it made to be common knowledge that it happens. But I saw it happen. She was NOT sent home.

Think about it, we all do Pre-checkin online WITH our Passport numbers.

ALL that info is already in the Cruiselines system.

The couple I saw talked nicely at checkin, No panic, and they DID get On.

Sorry for all your worry. It will all work out. Text each other updates.:)

Call customer service they probably tell you more I believe as long as he's in the terminal by 2pm he will be ok. Most cruise lines shut the doors right at 2 hours prior to boarding. Well he be driving or taking public transportation?

This is from the NCL website:

Final Boarding Time:

In order to facilitate the embarkation process and the processing of your eDocs, and to comply with new government regulations governing departure manifest, all guests are required to complete Online Check-In at least one day prior to sailing and must complete check-in at the cruise terminal and be onboard the ship no later than one hour prior to the departure time noted on their cruise documents or they will not be permitted to sail. Please note guests who have not filled out their Online Check-In must arrive at port two (2) hours prior to sailing. Any late arriving guest may join the ship at an approved port of call in the scheduled itinerary. Such guest will be responsible for all applicable fees and travel expenses to that subsequent port of call.

Bill

Here's what I know from firsthand experience. Talk to the people early when you get there, port authority, NCL, whoever. Two years ago on the NCL jewel out of NOLA, my brother accidentally checked his luggage that had his and his family's passports/birth certificate. We told port authority and everyone 5 minutes after it happened. Unfortunately for us, they never found it before sailing (it was found 15 minutes after we set sail but it was too late), so they didn't make it on the ship. However, they were willing to let them on if they found it by the time they pulled the gate away. So he does need it, but the 2:00 deadline is flexible. Good luck!!!

Terrific advice above. And I would definately do the Delta thing too.

Better safe than sorry.

My experience is a few years ago, seeing a wife, (husband & wife) GET On board without her passport. Similar situation, it got left behind.

I think this happens more than we know, and doubt your husband would be left behind without it. They just Don't want it made to be common knowledge that it happens. But I saw it happen. She was NOT sent home.

Think about it, we all do Pre-checkin online WITH our Passport numbers.

ALL that info is already in the Cruiselines system.

The couple I saw talked nicely at checkin, No panic, and they DID get On.

Sorry for all your worry. It will all work out. Text each other updates.:)

Not doubting you....but....if someone doesn't have proof of citizenship, when he/she tries to re-enter the US...immigration won't allow them. So...the ship cannot allow this person to board.

I'd take his stuff but leave him a small carry on with essentials just in case he does not make it...sorry I'm a pessimist.

You should discuss the worse case scenario... go on without him...meet at next port, etc. ..

Good luck and let us know what happens..I think we are Arellano on pins and needles...

Paying someone to fly down and back would have been another option as someone had mentioned

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We are on pins and needles as well! Praying for some helpful and sympathetic cruise/port personnel. Thank you to the detailed oriented that noted we have until 3- we did complete the online checkin dutifully, with passport info, a month ago. My husband is begrudgingly packing a backpack of the "back up plan"- lol the back up plan back pack. "Meet me In Cozumel" doesn't have the same ring to it as "meet me in St Louis"! But it'll do in a pinch and give us all a story to tell...

Can you give me the powerball winning numbers, too? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh snap- we forgot the passport but by god DH has his powerball tickets in tow!!! [emoji12]

Is it a closed loop cruise? does he have a drivers license? I found this online unless things have changed:

US Citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port) and travel to destinations in Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Bermuda are able to re-enter the United States with proof of citizenship other than a passport or passport card.

A drivers license is not proof of citizenship. On closed loop cruises. It is true that a passport is not required but instead an official birth certificate must be shown along with the government photo id such as drivers license. The birth certificate is what proves citizenship when there is no passport.

I know that feeling!! Our second cruise, we could not find my passport in our Baltimore hotel and thought we had left back home in Buffalo. It wad an hour of panic, crying, and tearing everything apart before we realized that my plastic passport cover has perfectly fused to my plastic wallet, and I had it after all. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow for you!!