Cruise crisis cliche. Help.

Mpls35

Yup.

The poster advising Delta Dash underscores what this forum is really about. It's like a light from above... a glimmer of hope nested in a dark cruel world of threads about smoking, uncharges, chair hogs, gratuities and room service.

Nicely done by that poster, and the OP.

Absolutely right! I can't imagine a more empathetic place than CC, when it comes to potentially missing your ship! Anyone can make a simple mistake; it is so nice that this one could be fixed by reaching out for help!

omg, i will have many more thanks to give when i can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of delta cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

awesome. Woo hoo. Ptl.

Omg, I will have many more thanks to give when I can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of Delta Cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whew!!!! I'm a nervous wreck. Thought I would never get to the part where your husband got his passport. Have a wonderful cruise. If you don't already have the unlimited beverage package, this might be a good time to spring for it lol.

Follow my six rules of documentation to ensure you have everything you need. It has yet to fail me.

Ensure your DW is in charge of all the documentation. It means:

1. I don't have to bother

2. She does have to bother

3. Her OC will take over and make sure we have enough documentation that our luggage over-weight limitation will be in serious jeopardy.

4. She'll single-check, double-check and double-dog-dare check to make sure she has everything.

5. Will thusly be responsible for anything we need that we don't have freeing me up to say:

6. "Not my fault"

Has never known to fail.

Good luck OP, hope your hubby makes it.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

We do the same exact thing. :) The ritual before we pull out of the driveway, is I pull out tickets/boarding passes and passports and show them to everyone so they are double-checked before we leave.

Ditto, though I've added showing my travel wallet too since I went to Hawaii without that last year ;)

So glad that the OP got good advice and the potential disaster was averted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been stalking this thread all day. I am so glad this all worked out for you. Now go to the bar and celebrate. I think I'll have one too for you. Bon Voyage!

Same here!

What a thing to go through.

So thrilled it worked out. Could have happened to any of us.

This story had me putting my son's passport in his suitcase tonight, a week before sailing. Thanks and happy cruising!

Don't forget to remove it before going to the pier for check in:eek:

Edited by pspercy

Yup.

The poster advising Delta Dash underscores what this forum is really about. It's like a light from above... a glimmer of hope nested in a dark cruel world of threads about smoking, uncharges, chair hogs, gratuities and room service.

Nicely done by that poster, and the OP.

What a nice post.:) I think for the most part, people want to help anyway they can and in a nice way. Anyone who spends time on the boards know the ones that can be flip, rude lay blame or offer no help.

Maybe I missed any less than nice posts but this thread was amazing...what a nail biter. Incredible that no one knew the OP but were rooting for her. Way to go CC people.:)

Glad that this turned out well and that the outcome was reported here

at CC for all the readers to make note of "JUST in CASE of an EMERGENCY" !

Mid week UPS and FEDEX and perhaps DHL can help resolve this crisis.

There is always the USPS Express Mail but that maybe constrained on

the weekends - limited services.

Delta Airlines (Delta Dash) is not the only airline using the small package service.

Delta is large enough of a carrier to service all the USA cruise port cities.

If you have to use this service things to take into account.

The Passport or other critical documents will be placed into a small cardboard

container so as to not get lost or misplaced. Delta provides the cardboard

box/container so the shipper doesn't have to figure that out.

Some cities have you bring the rush package to the Ticket-Baggage Check-In

Counter and in the larger ones to the Air Cargo (Air Freight) Office.

There is a time limit cut-off time just like you have to be checked in and on

board your flight - this varies by city/location.

When picking-up the rush package sometimes it is at the Baggage Office in

the Bag Claim area and in others it is at the Air Cargo/Freight.

KNOW WHERE TO GO so as to not waste precious time when it is critical !

An interesting follow-up question/note ? :

Was NCL responsive and in a co-operative mode to assist in this matter ?

Not that they had to but nothing like adding fuel to a fire in crisis mode.

We will hold the gangway as long as we can and will look for you - hope

you make it - which you did !

Follow my six rules of documentation to ensure you have everything you need. It has yet to fail me.

Ensure your DW is in charge of all the documentation. It means:

1. I don't have to bother

2. She does have to bother

3. Her OC will take over and make sure we have enough documentation that our luggage over-weight limitation will be in serious jeopardy.

4. She'll single-check, double-check and double-dog-dare check to make sure she has everything.

5. Will thusly be responsible for anything we need that we don't have freeing me up to say:

6. "Not my fault"

Has never known to fail.

Good luck OP, hope your hubby makes it.

Sounds like me and my husband!! Whatever works!!

Not doubting you....but....if someone doesn't have proof of citizenship, when he/she tries to re-enter the US...immigration won't allow them. So...the ship cannot allow this person to board.

A minor point in comparison to the discussion but US immigration / Boarder Patrol cannot keep out a US citizen for not having documentation at the border. US citizens are allowed entry into the country with or without documentation. There will certainly be delays in getting through immigration while they establish your identity but you will absolutely get in.

I'm sure people have lost their passport while on a cruise.

Sitting in my Tampa hotel room post cruise (yes, my husband made it on the ship with plenty of time to spare!) I only have my phone but when I get home I will spare no details in my review of the ship (overall very nice!!!) in an effort to give back to the community. It probably won't touch Mitsugirly's reviews, but I'll try!

Two last notes on this wonderful happy ending: first, my husband recounted to me later his experience at Delta Cargo in Tampa. He arrived nearly sick with stress. He arrived right as the plane had landed; they had told us it would take an hour for the parcel to get off the flight and to the cargo facility. He explained to the guys working there what he was waiting for and they gaped at him and asked him if he needed a smoke! Ha! One guy got on the phone immediately and found out the passport was on the loading slip- he told them to hurry it up because there was a guy here waiting to board a cruise! No joke- his passport was in his hands 15 minutes later. I plan on contacting their supervisors and making sure they knew how appreciated they were.

Second- my friends in Mpls went above and beyond getting the passport to the airport, and my sister in San Diego did her part by getting online and having a big chunk of onboard credit added to our account so we could have a ginormous drink upon arrival! Very much appreciated, especially since we weren't blessed with the UBP.

Thanks again all- my review will be forthcoming!

Sitting in my Tampa hotel room post cruise (yes, my husband made it on the ship with plenty of time to spare!) I only have my phone but when I get home I will spare no details in my review of the ship (overall very nice!!!) in an effort to give back to the community. It probably won't touch Mitsugirly's reviews, but I'll try!

Two last notes on this wonderful happy ending: first, my husband recounted to me later his experience at Delta Cargo in Tampa. He arrived nearly sick with stress. He arrived right as the plane had landed; they had told us it would take an hour for the parcel to get off the flight and to the cargo facility. He explained to the guys working there what he was waiting for and they gaped at him and asked him if he needed a smoke! Ha! One guy got on the phone immediately and found out the passport was on the loading slip- he told them to hurry it up because there was a guy here waiting to board a cruise! No joke- his passport was in his hands 15 minutes later. I plan on contacting their supervisors and making sure they knew how appreciated they were.

Second- my friends in Mpls went above and beyond getting the passport to the airport, and my sister in San Diego did her part by getting online and having a big chunk of onboard credit added to our account so we could have a ginormous drink upon arrival! Very much appreciated, especially since we weren't blessed with the UBP.

Thanks again all- my review will be forthcoming!

Wow - how sweet when all things work together. ♥

Glad it was a wonderful cruise.