Koningsdam out of drydock

Alphen

Thanks for posting the images. Her sides are surprisingly choppy and she seems a bit front heavy. I'm surprised, as I thought she had very elegant lines in the rendering.

Perhaps she'll look better in person? She reminds me a bit of Norwegian Epic, and most folks would say that's not a very nice comparison.

Oh well, perhaps she'll look better in person.

You're not seeing the same angle in those photos as you do in the renderings. Here's a little more of a side view. Little less head on and already a vast improvement

ImageUploadedByForums1452672092.235640.jpg.bd971b29b6a951837e22963e148f163f.jpg

My biggest, but maybe childish, gripe is the fact that they got rid of the Panoramic elevators.

We always absolutely LOVE taking these onboard the Vista's / Signature's and they are a real connection between outside/inside.

Alo, my fear is that the Main Showlounge ( World's Stage?) will prove to be much too small, although innovative, and a decrease in number of lounges will mean more crowded venues, but that is just a pré-inaugural impression from studying the publicly available deckplans.

Good news: an outdoor movie screen, albeit smaller and less obtrusive than on the competition...!

The article states the inaugural cruise will be May 9. I am scheduled to sail April 15 on it.

Sure hope the article is wrong

The article is right, the cruise(s) before that are called "Premier cruise".

And another. I see no relation to Norwegian Epic here...

showphoto.aspx?photoid=2197423

epicarrives3.jpg

I concede Koningsdam is a much more attractive ship. But she is just a bit top heavy at the front, although not as dramatically so as Epic. And I do recognize that that peak-like quality at the bow is a feature on many Carnival Corp-designed ships.

However, the undulations on the side of the ship (i.e wide narrow wide narrow) is just like Epic, too. That's why my mind went there, I guess. But Koningsdam has the advantage of a longer, leaner appearing silhouette, I agree on account of it being a fair bit smaller.

Thanks for posting the photos. I look forward to sailing on Koningsdam some day!

I don't think the ship looks top heavy when the white horizontal lines in section two and three are ready.

These white lines from the front to after will catch your attention and not the top section. As I mentioned before the Koningsdam looks much like ms Queen Elizabeth. And thats a beautifull ship. A real oceanliner.