Water, Coffee, soft drinks

Jane1614

I'm going on HAL for the first time and wondering what the policy was on Water, coffee and soft drinks. Do we have to pay for these? If so what do they charge? My last two cruises all was included, so that's why I ask this question. Is bottled water available? Can we get it any time?

I'm going on HAL for the first time and wondering what the policy was on Water, coffee and soft drinks. Do we have to pay for these? If so what do they charge? My last two cruises all was included, so that's why I ask this question. Is bottled water available? Can we get it any time?

Water, coffee & tea are available in the buffet for "free".

Sodas have a cost, regardless of where you get them - dining rooms, bars, room service.

Bottled water also has a cost.

Coffee and non-bottled water are available 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant. Sodas are available from any bar during open hours (usually at least one will be open during the hours 8:00 AM until midnight).

You may bring as much soda and bottled water aboard as you wish in both your carry-on and checked luggage. Specialty coffees are extra if purchased in the Explorations Cafe. Here is the Explorations Cafe Menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

Here is the Bar Menu that contains the price and availability of sodas:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu.pdf

You can get a soda card for $25 that is worth $50 in sodas. Depending on how much soda you drink, it goes pretty far. It is only a glass though, not a can. If you get a soda without the card, it is a can (they give you a glass with ice). We got two soda cards on our 45-day cruise and it was plenty for DH and I.

• 6 months later...
A $50 soda card gets you how many glasses of soda? I don't see the price of a glass versus a can. Thanks!

IIRC, it's 22 glasses.

Re: the glasses of soda - the more popular ones are from the fountain, the less popular ones are from cans. Some people will tell you it's only 1/2 a can so you may end up getting a (half can of) soda that's been sitting around for awhile (i.e., flat). However, on our cruise last November on the Eurodam, my son ordered Fanta (orange soda) every day and I ordered caffeine free diet coke, neither of which are available via fountain. We got fairly large glasses of soda (and ice), the same size as when we ordered coke or diet coke (fountain drinks). On the last night, the lounge steward brought our unopened cans of soda with glasses of ice - each 12-oz can filled the glass to the brim.

You can get a soda card for $25 that is worth $50 in sodas. Depending on how much soda you drink, it goes pretty far. It is only a glass though, not a can. If you get a soda without the card, it is a can (they give you a glass with ice). We got two soda cards on our 45-day cruise and it was plenty for DH and I.

I thought the $50 for $25 discount was discontinued. Anyone know for certain?

I thought the $50 for $25 discount was discontinued. Anyone know for certain?

It is still there as just ordered 2 for my next cruise.

From the website under Indulgences / Beverages:

Soda Fountain Value Card $50

Save with a pre-paid beverage value card. Purchase a pre-paid fountain soda beverage value card for $25 and receive $50 toward fountain soda purchases. A 15% beverage service charge will be automatically added to all fountain soda purchases and will...

Price $25.00

Coffee and non-bottled water are available 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant. Sodas are available from any bar during open hours (usually at least one will be open during the hours 8:00 AM until midnight).

You may bring as much soda and bottled water aboard as you wish in both your carry-on and checked luggage. Specialty coffees are extra if purchased in the Explorations Cafe. Here is the Explorations Cafe Menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

Here is the Bar Menu that contains the price and availability of sodas

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu.pdf

Can we use our $50 for $25 Soda cards to purchase the Specialty Coffees?

Thinking of bringing our 22 oz Starbucks Cold Cups for water. Not sure if it would be useful or more of a PIA to "deal with". Ha!

Thanks!

Be sure to check the taste of the fountain drinks before buying the card. I tried a few different choices of soda and they all tasted awful. I was on that cruise for 21 days and tried sodas from many different bars - none of them tasted quite right. Next cruise I just went with buying a can when I felt like it.

Can we use our $50 for $25 Soda cards to purchase the Specialty Coffees?

Thinking of bringing our 22 oz Starbucks Cold Cups for water. Not sure if it would be useful or more of a PIA to "deal with". Ha!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the "Soda Card" can only be used for fountain-dispensed soda.

If you want a card that will include coffee purchases, you need to purchase the "Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card" or the "Beverage Card" that includes both alcoholic beverages and coffees.

Bring a few bottles of water in your carry-on bags, refill them with ship's water, and keep them cool in your minibar. We also bring a thermos that is filled with hot coffee in the Lido Market before retiring for the night so that hot coffee will available as soon our eyes open in the AM.

Edited by Crew News