7 year old girl on Golden Princess

markandallan

I haven't done an NZ cruise on Golden, Mark & Allan, but we did a Christmas cruise on Sun Princess to the South Pacific and there were heaps of kids on that. We've also done an NZ Christmas cruise on Celebrity Solstice and there were quite a few kids on that too. I'll let you know in a few weeks which ship I think is best. ;)

I'm sure your daughter will have a ball on the NZ cruise. Just be aware that it could be cooler than expected, especially around the lower part of the South Island, but hopefully she'll get plenty of pool time.

Make sure you do an excursion to Rotorua from the Tauranga stop. If she's never seen a thermal area before I'm sure she will be fascinated by it, especially the boiling mud pools. They were always my favourite when I was a kid.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Princess people are generally very tolerant. Your little girl will love the kids' club.

Tolerant of what,glbti people or kids.I can tell you princess cruise lines have a zero tolerance policy on homophobia and that is fact.Or if you are talking about passengers being tolerant,gee im glad we are allowed to cruise as decent respectful human beings.

My daughters have cruised when there have been hundreds of children on board and when there have only been a handful. Regardless they have always had a wonderful time.

Princess seems to attract a nice group of people. In all our cruises we have only experienced and observed respectful behaviour from our fellow passengers.

Our daughters have enjoyed doing grown up things with us such as dressing up, dining together, taking galley tours, attending shows but have also loved the more independent activities at the kids clubs. We have never cruised on an all singing ship but we really have not felt we have missed anything.

The Princess staff have always been excellent with us and our children. As far as cabins go we always opt for a mini suite. We find the extra space well worth the money especially when tired little ones need a nap and the bath is very useful for a little quiet time.

Anyway hope you all have a fantastic cruise whatever you choose. Just a word of warning not to make the holiday too enjoyable. Ours are 22 and 18 this year, they will be holidaying on their own but also insist on a family cruise with the parents!

Tolerant of what,glbti people or kids.I can tell you princess cruise lines have a zero tolerance policy on homophobia and that is fact.Or if you are talking about passengers being tolerant,gee im glad we are allowed to cruise as decent respectful human beings.

Huh? :confused:

Hi Mark and Allan,

We are aopenly transgendered lesbian couple and have cruised princess 3 x,and I can tell you that you will be fine.Princess cruises takes a very dim view of homophobia,and will stampdown on any issues you may have.You will always get idiots where ever you are,but 98% of the people you will be cruising with will be fantastic.Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Hi mrs and Mrs

Hi great, that's good to know. We had a great time on RCCL and have just got of a short cruise with our daughter on pacific Eden (P&O) and that was great as well. All the cruises and staff have been very excepting.

We have booked the New Years cruise now on golden princess in a Window Suite and we are so looking forward to it. All we seem to do know is look for another cruise that we want to take. Its becoming a bit addictive I do believe. We are trying to work out how we can budget for at least 3 cruises a year.

My daughters have cruised when there have been hundreds of children on board and when there have only been a handful. Regardless they have always had a wonderful time.

Princess seems to attract a nice group of people. In all our cruises we have only experienced and observed respectful behaviour from our fellow passengers.

Our daughters have enjoyed doing grown up things with us such as dressing up, dining together, taking galley tours, attending shows but have also loved the more independent activities at the kids clubs. We have never cruised on an all singing ship but we really have not felt we have missed anything.

The Princess staff have always been excellent with us and our children. As far as cabins go we always opt for a mini suite. We find the extra space well worth the money especially when tired little ones need a nap and the bath is very useful for a little quiet time.

Anyway hope you all have a fantastic cruise whatever you choose. Just a word of warning not to make the holiday too enjoyable. Ours are 22 and 18 this year, they will be holidaying on their own but also insist on a family cruise with the parents!

Hi we have chosen Princess now and are just counting down the days. Our daughter is very excited. This will be our 3 cruise if we don't sneak another one in before. Our daughter just loves the pool areas and will stay there all day and she seems to make lots of friends in the kids clubs.

When we did go on Explorer of the seas with many bells and whistles she had no interest in rock climbing walls and went ice skating once and did not have any interest to go back and do it again. We are feeling very comfortable that she will enjoy her cruise on the Golden Princess.

I haven't done an NZ cruise on Golden, Mark & Allan, but we did a Christmas cruise on Sun Princess to the South Pacific and there were heaps of kids on that. We've also done an NZ Christmas cruise on Celebrity Solstice and there were quite a few kids on that too. I'll let you know in a few weeks which ship I think is best. ;)

I'm sure your daughter will have a ball on the NZ cruise. Just be aware that it could be cooler than expected, especially around the lower part of the South Island, but hopefully she'll get plenty of pool time.

Make sure you do an excursion to Rotorua from the Tauranga stop. If she's never seen a thermal area before I'm sure she will be fascinated by it, especially the boiling mud pools. They were always my favourite when I was a kid.

Hi we did Tauranga last year and she was fascinated in Rotorua, albeit holding her nose a lot of the time. We did top of NZ and noumea and Isle of Pines. Hopefully it will be warm enough for the pool for some of the days.

Fantastic,we are booked on Golden out of beijing (oct),cant wait,we also budget now for 2 cruises a year,this will be our 3rd cruise,all with princess and we are still learning the ropes.This time we will be out in the big wide world,instead of a pacific island cruise,quite scary actually.

Hi has anyone sailed on The Golden Princess with younger children. We have Just got off Explorer of the seas with RCCL and she had a ball. However we want to try a new cruise line next year. There where parts of RCCL we where not that happy with, hence trying something new.

Not sure of what the makeup of clientele is on Princess and want to make sure she would feel comfortable and us as well being same-sex parents.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Mark and Allan

Princess is an older crowd for sure. We have seen children on board ranging in age from toddler to teens. I have no idea what their activities are but they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. We've sailed on Carnival and have taken my niece and nephew with us. There's more activities on Carnival for children and there's plenty of children on board.

We have taken our nephew on 2 cruises (he was 5 and 6 on them) and he had a blast. He loved the pool and the kids center, afternoon tea, the shows.. he was as bummed as my husband and I were when it was time to go home. He's pretty well behaved, so other passengers seemed thrilled to sit by a six year old in a bow tie and talk to him about his trip.

Hi has anyone sailed on The Golden Princess with younger children. We have Just got off Explorer of the seas with RCCL and she had a ball. However we want to try a new cruise line next year. There where parts of RCCL we where not that happy with, hence trying something new.

Not sure of what the makeup of clientele is on Princess and want to make sure she would feel comfortable and us as well being same-sex parents.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Mark and Allan

She'll feel like a "Golden Princess."

To markandalan (hope I've remembered the name correctly, if not, my apologies.

Here are the 2016 Melbourne school terms, the Golden Princess is home ported in Melbourne, with only a few cruises from Sydney.

Term 1-01/29-04/06

Term 2-04/-27-07/01

Term 3-07/19-09/23

Term 4-10/10-12/16

Usually within a day or 2 for next year's date. HTH.

Fantastic,we are booked on Golden out of beijing (oct),cant wait,we also budget now for 2 cruises a year,this will be our 3rd cruise,all with princess and we are still learning the ropes.This time we will be out in the big wide world,instead of a pacific island cruise,quite scary actually.

I think you'll sail into Sydney, the day I embark for Melbourne 11/11/2016. Eagerly counting down the days!

In regards to the same-sex issue, I don't think you'll have any problems at all. We always love sailing Princess and have never been uncomfortable.

We have traveled most of the cruise lines. Would same sex couples have any problems on any cruise line? Personally, my wife and kids don't even notice such a thing.

[quote name='mrs and mrs']I can tell you princess cruise lines have a zero tolerance policy on homophobia and that is fact.[/QUOTE]

How would princess enforce this?

Do they require passengers to take some sort of personality test,
and then put them off the ship?

I have been on lots of princess cruises, and it general people
just seem to get along. The most heated arguments I have
seen are 1) at trivia; 2) someone screaming at the purser's desk.

I have only seen one person arrested.
(Really arrested, by BSO deputies in Ft. Lauderdale)