More changes to Bistro on 5?

NCNina

Have any changes been made yet on Constellation? Was looking forward to crepes.

As stated many many times in this thread, the change is only on the Reflection at this time. There has been no statement from Celebrity if the change will be made on any other ships.

I hope the Sushi thing (so yesterday ?) is only for Reflection although I must admit the Bistro on 5 was poorly attended from what I have seen. How about a reasonable priced Italian restaurant ?( European style (e.g. Italian, Greek, French - and then they could continue with the crepes?)

I hope the Sushi thing (so yesterday ?) is only for Reflection although I must admit the Bistro on 5 was poorly attended from what I have seen. How about a reasonable priced Italian restaurant ?( European style (e.g. Italian, Greek, French - and then they could continue with the crepes?)

You know, in our city we have about 51 italian restaurants and every few months someone gets a wonderful idea to open a restaurant and they open...you guessed it...an italian restaurant.

Certainly Tuscan Grill could easily be modified to be more than an Italian steak house (which it really isn't anyway)....and you could have your fill of good italian food. There's already more or less cook to order pasta in the buffet...but you want another italian restaurant.

Why are so many unwilling to branch out and try something new...there are so many wonderful ethnic cuisines. Sushi is one of them and no it's not at all "yesteray". If you think about it, Sushi requires little in the way of kitchen modifications. One would hope that the "new" bistro on 5 would have some non sushi dishes as well....cutlets, sukyaki, tempura...because, as has been clearly pointed out, there are some that don't like, are allergic to fish or raw fish. If Sushi doesn't work, then there are other options....many good ones have been suggested. My guess is that whichever one is picked (and maybe they will be different on all the ships), there will be those that say ...I just hate greek food, Pho is disgusting and similar....and I'm absolutely postive that whatever Celebrity winds up with will be labelled as exorbitantly priced and so on.

You can't please all the people all of the time. CC proves that you can't please most of the people any of the time :)

Someone above mentioned tapas. That would be my vote IF Bistro goes away, which I hope it does not. Tapas is a crowd pleaser, because it's appetizer or snack size portions of a little bit of all kinds of variety. The only problem is the cost. Here in Philadelphia, our tapas restaurants are very pricey. There is a lot to the preparation, they are quite gourmet. So in order for it to be good, there would need to be quite a fee. Otherwise, why bother.

I hope Celebrity is listening to all your good suggestions.

We recently did the new NCL escape and they have a really nice tapas place as an al a carte priced place, on the 2/3 times we visited although we experience great food/tapas we were the only people there..

It seems whatever celebrity change a venue to there's no pleasing everyone as they change bistro to sushi and the majority of people moan... (We don't like raw fish[emoji15]/I guess that means the buffet free stuff will go!!)[emoji33])They change cellar masters to a gastro pub/bar and people moan it's not what they want, (gastro bar sounds horrible [emoji848]) the change the molecular bar to the WCB and people say it's a bad decision, (we loved it there [emoji33]) yet before they made these changes the majority of posters on cruise critic moaned about how dead it is in these places & how they should change them... I guess celebrity can't win!! [emoji848]

I for one welcome change and will look forward to trying the new venues out and only then will I be able to pass judgment on if they are good or bad... In my opinion of course!!

This makes me sad, as I love crepes, and yes, I went to Bistro on 5 at least a couple of times each sailing. However, the problem was with their execution. The crepes didn't always taste freshly made, and the service was horribly slow and BAD - no drink refills offered, took forever to bring the "check" to sign. The idea was fine - they just needed to fix what was broken to justify the pricing.

I like sushi okay, but not as well as crepes and the other items mentioned in this thread. It really depends on the pricing as to whether I will try it. But if they haven't improved the service, and the food quality is not worth the price, then it will bomb as well.

All ships really need a sit-down, someone will serve you restaurant open all day, every day. I will personally pay $10 to eat there pretty much no matter what they serve if the service is good. I love the option when I'm hot and tired after hours of walking around at the port and don't want to stand in lines to get food, then stand at a bar to get a drink, nor do I want to wait for room service (with no drinks).

This makes me sad, as I love crepes, and yes, I went to Bistro on 5 at least a couple of times each sailing. However, the problem was with their execution. The crepes didn't always taste freshly made, and the service was horribly slow and BAD - no drink refills offered, took forever to bring the "check" to sign. The idea was fine - they just needed to fix what was broken to justify the pricing.

I like sushi okay, but not as well as crepes and the other items mentioned in this thread. It really depends on the pricing as to whether I will try it. But if they haven't improved the service, and the food quality is not worth the price, then it will bomb as well.

All ships really need a sit-down, someone will serve you restaurant open all day, every day. I will personally pay $10 to eat there pretty much no matter what they serve if the service is good. I love the option when I'm hot and tired after hours of walking around at the port and don't want to stand in lines to get food, then stand at a bar to get a drink, nor do I want to wait for room service (with no drinks).

I agree with you, although my crepes are always freshly made to order because I am gluten free. I too would personally pay $10 to eat in a relaxed environment with good service. Most of the time, not all, we've had good service at Bistro. And we've always had good food there, and not just on embarkation day.

Another vote for no sushi. I love it, but it just won't fly, too many people turn their noses up at it, thinking it's raw fish.

Save the crepes campaign underway!!! :)

Save the crepes campaign underway!!! :)

It's just terrible how many fish are being killed around the world for food. You can do your part in stopping this tragedy by joining our "save the fish" campaign...and that starts by not eating fish....cooked or raw....boycott fish wherever it's served. (note: you better make sure the movement is careful to exempt warm water lobster tails from their boycott...after all those bugs are almost universally loved by those on CC)

I think that would strike more of a chord with the posters on this thread....

We recently did the new NCL escape and they have a really nice tapas place as an al a carte priced place, on the 2/3 times we visited although we experience great food/tapas we were the only people there..

It seems whatever celebrity change a venue to there's no pleasing everyone as they change bistro to sushi and the majority of people moan... (We don't like raw fish[emoji15]/I guess that means the buffet free stuff will go!!)[emoji33])They change cellar masters to a gastro pub/bar and people moan it's not what they want, (gastro bar sounds horrible [emoji848]) the change the molecular bar to the WCB and people say it's a bad decision, (we loved it there [emoji33]) yet before they made these changes the majority of posters on cruise critic moaned about how dead it is in these places & how they should change them... I guess celebrity can't win!! [emoji848]

I for one welcome change and will look forward to trying the new venues out and only then will I be able to pass judgment on if they are good or bad... In my opinion of course!!

I guess we needed something new to whine about. :rolleyes:

It's just terrible how many fish are being killed around the world for food. You can do your part in stopping this tragedy by joining our "save the fish" campaign...and that starts by not eating fish....cooked or raw....boycott fish wherever it's served. (note: you better make sure the movement is careful to exempt warm water lobster tails from their boycott...after all those bugs are almost universally loved by those on CC)

I think that would strike more of a chord with the posters on this thread....

Do you not know a joke when you see one? It's called a sense of humor.

Fish are Friends not Food ! is that the cry? :) Here where I live in the UK Sushi restaurants have almost gone (cannot even think where one is!). What my earlier post is suggesting is not necessarily an Italian but something from somewhere or different places. Tapas, Italian (plenty of pizza in the buffet) ...curiously street food seems to becoming popular with some.(just ideas)

Fish are Friends not Food ! is that the cry? :) Here where I live in the UK Sushi restaurants have almost gone (cannot even think where one is!). What my earlier post is suggesting is not necessarily an Italian but something from somewhere or different places. Tapas, Italian (plenty of pizza in the buffet) ...curiously street food seems to becoming popular with some.(just ideas)

Hmm, now there's a great idea. When you say "street foods" I am thinking of the Philadelphia street food,such as hot dog carts, food trucks that serve everything from cheese steak sandwiches, hot soft pretzels, quick stir-frys, Vietnamese dishes, all kinds of goodies. I could imagine some carts set up, offering a variety of "fast-food" goodies!

Just off Eclipse a week ago. We went to a cooking demonstration and the chef announced that in the near future Bistro on 5 will change to a combination sushi/deli menu. Surf and turf in one place. Also, the menu in Blu will be changing later this year. They are now testing that new menu at their Florida offices. After that, they will start to work on changing the menu in the MDR, which they said is a few years old now.

Just off Eclipse a week ago. We went to a cooking demonstration and the chef announced that in the near future Bistro on 5 will change to a combination sushi/deli menu. Surf and turf in one place. Also, the menu in Blu will be changing later this year. They are now testing that new menu at their Florida offices. After that, they will start to work on changing the menu in the MDR, which they said is a few years old now.

Yet another variation of the rumours surrounding the future of Bistro On 5.

Oh no....a whole new thread on how terrible it is to mix sushi with deli food....how could they mix the two. Others will post that they are looking forward to gefilte fish sushi? or perhaps a tekka roll with a hot dog in the middle. Still others will welcome deli mustard instead of that awful green wasabi for their sushi. There will be those that beg for the crepes to come back to be used to make the sandwiches. Then the concerns about whether everything is gluten free, salt free and sugar free...and of course there will be a number who say "what was Celebrity thinking...they should have opened a falafel stand. Finally, I hope they have at least one pasta dish in the "surf and turf on 5" to satisfy those who want italian. There will of course be universal agreement that the prices are ridiculously high and whatever they change to should be free :)

I wonder if CC has the disk space......

On a positive note, it would be nice if the Blu menu changed after 4 years.....

and yes Cruzen'Susan, I assumed you were joking and I was suggesting coming at the crusade from the other side....save the fish vs save the crepes.

Edited by ghstudio

I know I don't have a say, but Host Andy's idea of a Greek restaurant would be wonderful! The most memorable meal I've had on a Celebrity ship was an off-menu chef's special of moussaka in Blu on the Eclipse. It was fabulous, and even though there was no upcharge I would pay the same again.

Big mistake. Bistro was awesome in November on the Silhouette. You can get free mediocre sushi every night in the buffet. This would be a waste and I hope it's not fleet wide

On Royal (and other lines) the free sushi in the buffet disappeared when the corresponding paid sushi restaurants appeared on the ships (ie Izumi for Royal). Since it's the same company, don't be surprised if the free sushi in the buffet vanishes as well soon.

Does anyone know if the Silhouette still has the old Bistro on 5 with the crepes? I'm going on a cruise on March 26 and the main reason I picked celebrity is for the crepes. I got them every day on the cruise in the past and sometimes twice per day.

Does anyone know if the Silhouette still has the old Bistro on 5 with the crepes? I'm going on a cruise on March 26 and the main reason I picked celebrity is for the crepes. I got them every day on the cruise in the past and sometimes twice per day.

I didn't got them every day, but often!! Thanks for speaking up, there are a few posters who think Bistro was a waste of space because no one ever goes there.

The orange crepes are the main reason I pick celebrity over other cruise lines. I'm way younger than their average guest but the crepes make it worthwhile. Otherwise I'd just go on Royal Caribbean as I feel their food is just as good and there is a more diverse crowd on board.

The orange crepes are the main reason I pick celebrity over other cruise lines. I'm way younger than their average guest but the crepes make it worthwhile. Otherwise I'd just go on Royal Caribbean as I feel their food is just as good and there is a more diverse crowd on board.

Wow that says alot for the crepes. I float around between the cowboy, the Mediterrean, the French and Italian. YUM!