Ironing problems on board.

Heres the situation.

We have booked an RCI cruise for the summer but the wife has just realised that she will not be able to iron any of her clothes at all on board. (I know what would you want to iron on holiday anyway) But this is a big BIG thing for my wife.

Clothes are ironed and ironed again before they are put on. Its been the cause of many an argument and some severe falling outs whilst on holiday over this (what I call her OCD about ironing)

Can anyone tell me how much the ironing service costs per item. As we are on the verge of cancelling this holiday.

:mad:

I'm sure someone will post with a price list but Carnival and a few other lines have self serve laundry and ironing facilities on their ships.

To the best of my knowledge, RCCL does not have self-service laundry facilities on their ships.

Heres the situation.

We have booked an RCI cruise for the summer but the wife has just realised that she will not be able to iron any of her clothes at all on board. (I know what would you want to iron on holiday anyway) But this is a big BIG thing for my wife.

Clothes are ironed and ironed again before they are put on. Its been the cause of many an argument and some severe falling outs whilst on holiday over this (what I call her OCD about ironing)

Can anyone tell me how much the ironing service costs per item. As we are on the verge of cancelling this holiday.

:mad:

Here is the most current list http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284178&d=1377565421

To the best of my knowledge, RCCL does not have self-service laundry facilities on their ships.

No, but they do have a laundry service, so she could send things for pressing.

Alternatively, I suppose you could use the glass coffee table as a board and bring a travel iron, but that is a risk since irons are not actually allowed. So if you go that route, put it in your carry on.

Edited by TBone2K

Price varies per item. Price list posted on Royal Caribbean website including "Pressing Only" service:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

That list is not current. They do not split out pricing for men's and ladies items any longer.

Edited by cruisenfever

Alternatively, I suppose you could use the glass coffee table as a board and bring a travel iron.

Travel iron are not aloud on any RCL ships.

What about bring Wrinkle release.

Alternatively, I suppose you could use the glass coffee table as a board and bring a travel iron, but that is a risk since irons are not actually allowed. So if you go that route, put it in your carry on.

It will still be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

Travel steamer is the low cost solution. I took one on my Anthem cruise. It was not confiscated and it does not have exposed heating elements so no danger for starting a fire. They're only about $20-$30 bucks and work better than an iron.

Good shout My hand drawn moustachioed friend.

Travel steamer is the low cost solution. I took one on my Anthem cruise. It was not confiscated and it does not have exposed heating elements so no danger for starting a fire. They're only about $20-$30 bucks and work better than an iron.

You were very lucky it got through as any type of travel steamer is also not allowed.

What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship - Royal Caribbean International

I've taken the steamer several times, but what's the point??? Can't you just tell her she'll be in good company....the whole ship is wrinkled!

Don't care anymore, too old to bother, life is just too short to worry about it, but I do understand...and I'm an OCDer from way back....

Edited by BecciBoo

I HATE ironing with a passion so wrinkle release is my best friend. For our cruise (We did this for our honeymoon cruise as well) I will have all of hubbys dress shirts and maybe dress pants dry cleaned and anything I need dry cleaned as well....I will keep them in the dry cleaning bags when packing them and then pull them out and they will go directly in the closet. If I need to use wrinkle spray then so be it, but they should get too bad.

If your wife is going that crazy over it I say leave her at home :D (kidding of course)

WRONG carry ons go through the same X ray as checked luggage and it WILL be confiscated

the best solution is to pack items THAT DO NOT NEED IRONING AT ALL.

not even my formal gown requires pressing.

they make beautiful travel knits that are stylish, easy to care for and are wrinkle free.

Agree, there are so many fabrics that are good for travel now. Every trip I purchase a few more. Time is too precious on vacation to worry about wrinkles!