The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Andy, your first task will be to make sure they've taken that flippin' mural off the wall in Discoveries;)

Phil

Hi Phil,

I will be sure to provide an update on the mural. It's on my "To-Do" List.

BTW, I joined Photobucket today, which should help me post onboard photos on this forum.

Also joined another site today, as I'm planning something "outside the box", for my "Live From" thread and Twitter feed. I'm keeping the details under wraps, in case things do not go as planned. Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight and buy that boat....😜 😂 Haaaa!

Did you win? I won $4! I'm trying to figure out how to split the winning with my DH. Any ideas? A half of a cup of coffee for each of us?

I'm liking it so far -- especially those new pool cabanas [just like what Celebrity did to Reflection] I'll take the green one. :D

Is there a picture of this, and where can it be seen. If they are been installed on Journey, I'd be interested to know how much the charge would be to hire (as on Reflection). Thanks.

Rita

Is there a picture of this, and where can it be seen. If they are been installed on Journey, I'd be interested to know how much the charge would be to hire (as on Reflection). Thanks.

Rita

I'm now beginning to feel just a little bit gullible. As an afterthought I looked at the photos on this thread again and noticed the containers on deck included a green one! It must be the change in the weather in the UK - it's now freezing cold.

We're on the Journey in 13 days time so I'll check out the green cabana for you and make a reservation.

Rita

Hi Phil,

I will be sure to provide an update on the mural. It's on my "To-Do" List.

BTW, I joined Photobucket today, which should help me post onboard photos on this forum.

Also joined another site today, as I'm planning something "outside the box", for my "Live From" thread and Twitter feed. I'm keeping the details under wraps, in case things do not go as planned. Please stay tuned !

I look forward to your "Live From" thread, Andy. We will be on Journey the cruise straight after yours. We will be very interested to hear your reports on the refurb as well as impressions of the food and the wine.

I'm now beginning to feel just a little bit gullible. As an afterthought I looked at the photos on this thread again and noticed the containers on deck included a green one! It must be the change in the weather in the UK - it's now freezing cold.

We're on the Journey in 13 days time so I'll check out the green cabana for you and make a reservation.

Rita

I think the white one has your name on it even though it says LMG Finland at the moment!;)

Phil

What I find amazing is how they can make all these major changes in such a short period of time.?!?! Always loved the images of what the Journey "will" look like cause in actuality she was rather blah and not up to par for the times.

Looking at booking her in the fall/winter for an Asia cruise and the thought of sailing on her after a major facelift is so exciting!!!

Please keep images coming! HOW DO THEY DO IT?! :confused:

From Journey Twitter feed, and thanks Bonnie ! :

"Journey entering Drydock" (last night)

CYsrJQcUkAAK7aL.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

Its almost like the transformation of Cinderella! Love it!

The before and after images are always so fabulous especially since it will be extreme! So badly needed! Traveled on the Quest for the 2014 british open and was really disappointed with the old and tired design of her!

Andy, thank you for the drydock photos and hope you have a fantastic time aboard the Journey later this month. We're looking forward to our March 26th Caribbean cruise on the Journey!

I might have missed the answer, but what is happening to the Deck 3 (category 7) cabins? I would not find them on the deck plan for cruises after drydock. Friends of ours who stayed in one of those cabins liked them because they are stable (middle of the ship) and much larger than the obstructed view category 8 cabins on Deck 6. Yes, it was strange when the cabin attendants closed the porthole's hatch in bad weather, but Deck 3 cabins have/had sofas. Will these cabins be used for entertainers or officers/crew (particularly since the passenger area on Deck 8 is adding four additional cabins)?

One of the things I saw in the new deck plans is that all interior cabins are now doubles. I remember Bonnie explaining that the additional beds (triples, quads) in these cabins were very seldom used, thus the decision to turn them all into doubles. I'm asking because we would need a triple for a future cruise but the booking engine is only showing the current deck plan.

So looking forward to warm weather, sea breeze and a margarita!

Edited by Dididi
sp

Andy, thank you for the drydock photos and hope you have a fantastic time aboard the Journey later this month. We're looking forward to our March 26th Caribbean cruise on the Journey!

I might have missed the answer, but what is happening to the Deck 3 (category 7) cabins? I would not find them on the deck plan for cruises after drydock. Friends of ours who stayed in one of those cabins liked them because they are stable (middle of the ship) and much larger than the obstructed view category 8 cabins on Deck 6. Yes, it was strange when the cabin attendants closed the porthole's hatch in bad weather, but Deck 3 cabins have/had sofas. Will these cabins be used for entertainers or officers/crew (particularly since the passenger area on Deck 8 is adding four additional cabins)?

One of the things I saw in the new deck plans is that all interior cabins are now doubles. I remember Bonnie explaining that the additional beds (triples, quads) in these cabins were very seldom used, thus the decision to turn them all into doubles. I'm asking because we would need a triple for a future cruise but the booking engine is only showing the current deck plan.

So looking forward to warm weather, sea breeze and a margarita!

Hi Dididi,

I believe the Deck 3 cabins will be used by officers and crew - probably guest entertainers as well. I do not believe they will be available to the public any longer.

I'm unsure about the status of the interior cabins - whether there will be any triples or quads available. Hopefully, Bonnie can answer that question.

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful time on Journey in March !

Edited by Host Andy