The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

We just received our "Reimagining" book in the mail and are having great fun looking at the pictures. I'm intrigued by the re-design of the Patio Grill area allowing it to be an outdoor dining area in the evening. And the Mosaic looks plush. Very nice.

Really looking forward to seeing the new pool grill area. I like the ceiling and the fans there, to go right around the covered parts of the pool deck I think.

Phil

Thank you to all those posting and contributing pictures it will be great to see the finished article on the 27th. All seems so much closer now as we are sat in Miami (with a fabulous view of the airport) watching the sunrise, 7 days on Princess and a few in South Beach before we get to board!

Just hoping that the wi-fi on Regal Princess will be ok to keep watching this thread.

Half the CC suites will have showers. That's far from enough to meet demand, as few people take baths anymore and a high percentage prefer walk-in showers. Starboard N1 suites will have showers as will port N2 suites. The rest still have tubs.

I, for one, am glad they are retaining shower curtains in the non-suite staterooms, and I'll never understand the objection. Is Larry P. listening?

You do have great information!!

Alice

I agree with everyone about the pictures as I am also not on facebook or twitter. So Thank you and keep them coming. So looking forward to joining the Journey on 16th March.....have cruised before a few times but first time on Azamara and a newly refurbished ship.....lucky us I say!! 🚢👍😊

Converted to cruising,

we will be on the same cruise. And we are also looking forward to all the new things on an ship, we really like. It will be our third time on the Journey.

I´ve seen some new pictures today from Captain Johannes, we are Facebook Friends, and he published some new pics.

I agree with everyone about the pictures as I am also NOT on facebook or twitter. So Thank you and keep them coming. So looking forward to joining the Journey on 16th March.....have cruised before a few times but first time on Azamara Journey and a newly refurbished ship.....lucky us I say!! 🚢👍😊

Lol, Nancy. I'm living the dry dock! Some say I should have been dry docked some time ago:o. Have to wait until April to see Journey.

The new cabins on 8 are V1 verandas, not suites. Deck 9 port side gets two new Spa Suites where the internet and acupuncture rooms were.

Phil

I looked at the deck plans and couldn't figure out the new cabins. Do you happen to know the room numbers? I can change to a V1 with no extra charge for our August cruise if I choose to.

I looked at the deck plans and couldn't figure out the new cabins. Do you happen to know the room numbers? I can change to a V1 with no extra charge for our August cruise if I choose to.

The new staterooms are on Deck 8 forward and begin with 88xx - two each on port and starboard sides. They only show up on the new deck plans on Azamara's site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8800, 8801, 8802, 8803. Odd numbers on starboard, even on port. All the forward and just behind the bridge and, I think, just behind the remaining senior officers quarters.

Edited by marinaro44

Perfect...now I can see the location. Wonder if there's any chance the showers in the new rooms will have doors rather than curtains.

Will these rooms be noisey because of the location?

I'd definitely take port side as starboard you are under the gym. Hard to say if it will be noisy in these new cabins, but I'd play it safe. Not sure about the shower. I'd guess curtains still.

Phil

I'd definitely take port side as starboard you are under the gym. Hard to say if it will be noisy in these new cabins, but I'd play it safe. Not sure about the shower. I'd guess curtains still.

Phil

They're booked. It's okay...happy with our location on deck 7, portside. :D

We've been in that stateroom before and it has good access to the laundry room without being too close to it.

We have a VX booked for 2017. I could never justify the price for a suite on a port intensive cruise.....besides the fact, I'm somewhat tight fisted....lol

They're booked. It's okay...happy with our location on deck 7, portside. :D

We've been in that stateroom before and it has good access to the laundry room without being too close to it.

We have a VX booked for 2017. I could never justify the price for a suite on a port intensive cruise.....besides the fact, I'm somewhat tight fisted....lol

You could always register for the LCV upgrade.

Phil

How do I do that?

I usually have my TA put no upgrade on my reservation. I remember Deirdre being upgraded to one of those forward VX cabins....she was not happy.

Register here:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/offers/stateroom-upgrade

If you book any veranda cabin and are lucky to score the upgrade you'll get a suite. If you are in say a V3, V2 or V1 you wouldn't go to a VX, you'd get an N1 or N2.

Phil

From Captain Johannes - 1/17/16 (Day 4)

Next photo - Other bathrooms (Club Continent Suites) get the tub replaced with Walk in shower :

1618472_10153765828620726_7501235670965802269_n.jpg?oh=3b4f78cc8d507df1e39d6c57c65b6f81&oe=573E21D8

Edited by Host Andy

From Captain Johannes 1/17/16 (Day 4) - Bathroom shelves (Club Continent Suites) with lighting :

12509507_10153765828820726_210490449505049346_n.jpg?oh=69e6f4265afc193b0d5326b96fd486e0&oe=570A0EE7

Edited by Host Andy

Register here:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/offers/stateroom-upgrade

If you book any veranda cabin and are lucky to score the upgrade you'll get a suite. If you are in say a V3, V2 or V1 you wouldn't go to a VX, you'd get an N1 or N2.

Phil

And it is not automatically done. You are asked if you want it.