The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Judging from the verandah stateroom video, I'm not seeing the storage in the bathroom that was once there. :confused:

Verandah stateroom had great shelving

You can see it in the edge of the photos

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/blog/reimagine-azamara-see-the-renderings

Edited by uktog

Verandah stateroom had great shelving

You can see it in the edge of the photos

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/blog/reimagine-azamara-see-the-renderings

That photo is not a true representation of the finished article, i.e. Veranda Bathrooom. We were in VX 7121. I can confirm that there wasn't enough room for storage on the shelves. In fact, there was little other storage space.

In our bathroom, the shaver/electric toothbrush point was located near to the top shelf. Too high for me to reach. The towel rails were on the right of the shelving.

As already mentioned, no retractable washing line in bathroom.

No hanging hooks anywhere in bedroom - only on inside bathroom door. Why not? Due to excessive steam build up in bathroom when shower in use, we had to remove bathrobes - but nowhere to hang them in cabin.

I could go on but won't. So much has already been said about the problems

we and others encountered.

Suffice to say, we considered that Azamara bit off more than they could chew in the time they allotted for the dry dock. Even allowing for the bad weather in the Bahamas and the lost palette of equipment, etc. etc. 2 weeks wasn't long enough.

The suite next to our cabin was like a building site inside (and that was only the one we knew about first hand). There was still a lot of 'snagging' and work to be complete throughout the ship by the end of our cruise.

We still have great faith in Azamara, particularly the wonderful crew and ships officers, so much so, that we've booked her again for 12 days next July.

We trust that all the problems will have been ironed out by then!

Can't wait!!

Rita

Rita, they may of course add these items later. Hopefully you fed back the issues you had. This is just the sort of thing they want to hear. Hooks in the cabin are easy to remedy. Storage in the bathroom not so much, but I'd need to give it a run myself before making up my mind.

It doesn't sound like the accessible cabins have had any extra bathroom storage space added. I've been in 6057 on Journey pre-refurb and there was none. Trouble is a storage cabinet on the wall above the sink is pointless for a disabled person and the adjustable mirror is there. You can't put a cupboard underneath the sink because it restricts wheelchair access. Over door hanger seems a good option.

Phil

That photo is not a true representation of the finished article, i.e. Veranda Bathrooom. We were in VX 7121. I can confirm that there wasn't enough room for storage on the shelves. In fact, there was little other storage space.

In our bathroom, the shaver/electric toothbrush point was located near to the top shelf. Too high for me to reach. The towel rails were on the right of the shelving.

As already mentioned, no retractable washing line in bathroom.

No hanging hooks anywhere in bedroom - only on inside bathroom door. Why not? Due to excessive steam build up in bathroom when shower in use, we had to remove bathrobes - but nowhere to hang them in cabin.

I could go on but won't. So much has already been said about the problems

we and others encountered.

Suffice to say, we considered that Azamara bit off more than they could chew in the time they allotted for the dry dock. Even allowing for the bad weather in the Bahamas and the lost palette of equipment, etc. etc. 2 weeks wasn't long enough.

The suite next to our cabin was like a building site inside (and that was only the one we knew about first hand). There was still a lot of 'snagging' and work to be complete throughout the ship by the end of our cruise.

We still have great faith in Azamara, particularly the wonderful crew and ships officers, so much so, that we've booked her again for 12 days next July.

We trust that all the problems will have been ironed out by then!

Can't wait!!

Rita

Appreciate there were delays for some rooms, The V2 in Quest (example room) that we stayed in certainly had these shelves and we remarked how much better they were than the previous arrangement - we stored more on them, maybe it was the size of the bottles etc we had it really worked well with them

Appreciate there were delays for some rooms, The V2 in Quest (example room) that we stayed in certainly had these shelves and we remarked how much better they were than the previous arrangement - we stored more on them, maybe it was the size of the bottles etc we had it really worked well with them

Thanks for the picture. What V2 room were you in? Most things I store in the BR are 3oz.travel bottles. I keep make up, etc. in the desk area.

We were in 6071

I too keep my makeup in the desk area but we stored all our sun cream, bug sprays deoderants etc on the three shelves in the bathroom Our toothbrushes and toothpastes were kept by the sink

Nada ... Nothing [emoji33]

We always travel with an over-the-door hanging shoe storage. The pockets work great for all the bathroom odds and ends.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have two hanging coat hanger style sets of pockets that hang on the hooks inside the bathroom door. They take all my sun cream, potions, hair spray, bits and bobs etc. I also have a set of magnetic hooks, that stick anywhere on the cabin walls. Won't carry coats or dressing gowns, but do take sun hats. Also two magnetic bull dog clips that take paper, such as the latest copy of pursuits. All purchased from Amazon ( where else!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in 6071

I too keep my makeup in the desk area but we stored all our sun cream, bug sprays deoderants etc on the three shelves in the bathroom Our toothbrushes and toothpastes were kept by the sink

We are booked into 6069, so assume that after the refit it will be similar to 6071. Did you take any photos ( I apologise if you have already posted a link, as we are in a poor internet area at the moment)

I keep looking here without success:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813056&page=19

Edited by upwarduk

Bizarrely we have none of the room, I was sure we had!

I would say to anyone, do not stress on what the room can hold where, go with an open mind as you would to any hotel that is unknown to you.

How did we all cope before this digital age and too much information :D

Rita

I wonder if the ventilation was not working right yet in that room as we had no issues with steam build up. We have always just left the robes on that door.

I hate the inroom hooks personally especially when room stewards insist in moving your nightwear from under the pillow and arranging it on the hooks for the world to see - took nearly a week to train our last guy that we wanted our nightwear left alone :eek:

I wonder if the ventilation was not working right yet in that room as we had no issues with steam build up. We have always just left the robes on that door.

I hate the inroom hooks personally especially when room stewards insist in moving your nightwear from under the pillow and arranging it on the hooks for the world to see - took nearly a week to train our last guy that we wanted our nightwear left alone :eek:

I am not a native speaker, but it sounds horrible to me. Like training a dog!

I see so much stress overhere. This thread is about holidays. It should be fun! There are so many people who would be so grateful to be able for only once in there life on a ship like this. Lets not worry about hooks, shelves etc. Start having fun and be a grateful that you can have holidays like this. I am sure looking forward to your holiday will be twice as much fun.

Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

I always have a good time on vacation.

But this forum exists so we can ask questions and get the answers we're looking for, no matter how odd or silly those questions might appear to others.

Knowing what is available in my cabin, hotel room, or apartment has an impact on how & what I pack for a trip. It is important to me.

Bizarrely we have none of the room, I was sure we had!

I would say to anyone, do not stress on what the room can hold where, go with an open mind as you would to any hotel that is unknown to you.

How did we all cope before this digital age and too much information :D

That's so true. However, we didn't care too much then way back when. What we didn't know, didn't hurt. I now care too much about our creature comforts with the advancing years and the more info the better!

I'm always been told 'we'll find out when we get there'.....

Rita

I am not a native speaker, but it sounds horrible to me. Like training a dog!

I see so much stress overhere. This thread is about holidays. It should be fun! There are so many people who would be so grateful to be able for only once in there life on a ship like this. Lets not worry about hooks, shelves etc. Start having fun and be a grateful that you can have holidays like this. I am sure looking forward to your holiday will be twice as much fun.

Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

Well said! But for me it's part of the exitement f.e. to look for pictures of the stateroom or info of the ship. I don't mind if I have hooks or not but I love searching CC for every little bit. [emoji5]

Edited by Maverine

Well said! But for me it's part of the exitement f.e. to look for pictures of the stateroom or info of the ship. I don't mind if I have hooks or not but I love searching CC for every little bit. [emoji5]

Me too. We're sailing on a Princess ship in October and I have just begun to look at restaurants, etc.

I booked it because I couldn't find a California Coastal with a decent itinerary or that matched our time frame.

I wish Azamara would do that itinerary.

Me too. We're sailing on a Princess ship in October and I have just begun to look at restaurants, etc.

I booked it because I couldn't find a California Coastal with a decent itinerary or that matched our time frame.

Even Celebrity doesn't do the Cali Coastals. I wonder why RCI has a blind spot for them?

Azamara does have a San Diego to San Diego in February 2018.

Even Celebrity doesn't do the Cali Coastals. I wonder why RCI has a blind spot for them?

Yes, X does have one. I do not remember the dates, but they did a nice itinerary and they have a future one coming up but the dares didn't match what we were looking for.

As far as Azamara....I was not aware they have a CA coastal coming up. I have not looked at the 2018 itineraries. I don't know if Inwould be in favor of booking two years out. I've already booked a couple of 2017 cruises.

Yes, X does have one. I do not remember the dates, but they did a nice itinerary and they have a future one coming up but the dares didn't match what we were looking for.

As far as Azamara....I was not aware they have a CA coastal coming up. I have not looked at the 2018 itineraries. I don't know if Inwould be in favor of booking two years out. I've already booked a couple of 2017 cruises.

My comment was based on repeated threads on the Celebrity forum complaining that they don't do Cali coastal and X cruisers are forced [Oh, the humanity!] to sail Princess.

My comment was based on repeated threads on the Celebrity forum complaining that they don't do Cali coastal and X cruisers are forced [Oh, the humanity!] to sail Princess.

I received an offer today for a CA coastal on X. Free drinks, gratuities and $300 OBC...price for a balcony cabin is $2249 per person. Again, the dates don't fit with our schedule. But the cost is almost double. The only thing we don't have is the drink package and we have less OBC plus one meal in a specialty restaurant.

I looked at the 2018 cruise on ACC...the ports are in Mexico, sailing San Diego to San Diego.