The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Johannes posted a video of stripping the flooring from the Sunset Veranda. Here's a link. I'm not sure if you have to be logged into Facebook to see it. If the video area looks blank just click on it:

Phil

We've been checking out the photos each day and notice that my white cabana is still there on the pool deck. Not quite what I imagined it to look like though!

Joking apart, a big thank you to all concerned for the photos and video. A fascinating and wonderful insight into Journey's transformation. She gonna look great! Can't believe it'll all be ready in 12 days when we board.

It will, won't it?

Rita

Johannes posted a video of stripping the flooring from the Sunset Veranda. Here's a link. I'm not sure if you have to be logged into Facebook to see it. If the video area looks blank just click on it:

Phil

Ive tried to find the decision on whether or not the Sunset Bar area will be open for breakfast and lunch after refurb. without luck. Please can you tell me?

Thanks

Jen

In one photo I see them taking a saw to the teak deck and in another I see a big pile of fire wood. Why is the wood being removed? Was it in poor condition or is it a safety measure to get rid of flammable material???

The teak decking was weathered, some places more than others. I'm not sure if any of the teak will be back or if they will substitute it for a more modern look. The rendering of the Pool Grill shows a different type of flooring that I think looks very sleek.

image.jpg1_zpsdnl96pxq.jpg

Phil

Love this update thread. I am on the Journey on March 16th (Miami to West Indies) ......can't wait :). Will be watching the refurb with great interest

Olwen :)

Hi, also love this thread and will be there with you in March, think it will look great.:)

I'll never understand why people have to use over-the-top descriptors like "hideous." Nothing on an R-ship was "hideous." Areas may not have been to everyone's taste (I'm a mid-century modern person, myself) but that doesn't make everything else "hideous." There are even a few here who have expressed they are not at all happy about losing the original classic look of the ships as they were built. Is it time for a refurbishment? Yes. Were the ships "hideous" before? Nonsense.

I agree too.

A few more coming from Heike:

image_zpslomadudm.jpeg

image_zpsrrfp9up2.jpeg

Phil

So good Johannes is on the ship. We will get lots of pictorial updates:cool:

Phil

Absolutely Phil. It's a huge plus that Captain Johannes is onboard. Larry Pimentel & Capt. Johannes must be the 2 most friendliest folks in social media - which should make this project very enjoyable for those of us who like to follow the Journey - pun intended.

Thanks again to Larry Pimentel, Captain Johannes Tysse, Bonnie, and everyone at Azamara.

Should have mentioned Heike too. Always good updates from our Hotel Director!:)

Phil

You're right. How could I have forgotten the wonderful Heike :eek::confused: !!!

Thanks to Heike Berdos for the great photos !

Edited by Host Andy

We had incredibly bad weather here today. We were smack in the middle of Tornado warnings a few hours ago - but thankfully all is well.

Looks like they had bad weather in Grand Bahama too. From Journey's Twitter feed :

CYykrHvUkAQrA1S.jpg

Andy-We are on the March 16, 2016 Journey sailing and never expected the ship to be refurbished before that date.

We did receive a mailing from Azamara depicting the new ship and renderings are incredible.

Thank you for this information and we are SO looking forward to all of the changes!

Thanks also to the Captain for sharing the progress of the project.

Much appreciated

Absolutely Phil. It's a huge plus that Captain Johannes is onboard. Larry Pimentel & Capt. Johannes must be the 2 most friendliest folks in social media - which should make this project very enjoyable for those of us who like to follow the Journey - pun intended.

Thanks again to Larry Pimentel, Captain Johannes Tysse, Bonnie, and everyone at Azamara.

I was amazed that Larry Pimental actually replied to my tweet....he seems like a very nice man who cares about the happiness of the people who cruise on Azamara. Social media can sometimes be a very positive tool.

Thanks again for the pictures. I din't see the rain today. Glad there was not a tornado...frightening thought.

Cabin photo from Twitter 1/15/16 :

BTW, it says "Moving Fast. Tomorrow Morning, the First Cabins completed". Wow - that's F-A-S-T :)

CYznKeYUkAEF8lW.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

Andy-We are on the March 16, 2016 Journey sailing and never expected the ship to be refurbished before that date.

We did receive a mailing from Azamara depicting the new ship and renderings are incredible.

Thank you for this information and we are SO looking forward to all of the changes!

Thanks also to the Captain for sharing the progress of the project.

Much appreciated

Thank you for your kind comments Loucat. Much appreciated !