Brisbane Shuttle.

Wyuna1

Does the Port of Brisbane run free shuttle buses from both terminals as the Port of Newcastle provide or are they provided by the ship at a cost. If there is charge any idea of cost.

The Port of Brisbane does not run shuttles. If your ship is docking at Portside it is very easy to catch the CityCat (ferry) as there is a ferry stop only a couple of hundred metres up-stream from where the ship docks.

If you on a larger ship that has to dock at the Grain Terminal at Fishermans Island, there is usually a shuttle bus, probably put on by the cruiseline, or it could be by an independent operator. I think the cost is usually $20 return to the centre of the city. This price is good because according to the Taxi Fare Calculator, a taxi would cost between $101 and $142. That sounds a lot, but the terminal is a long way out.:) I have only ever taken a taxi to Portside and only gone to the Grain Terminal by private car.

As above, shuttles are only at the Grain Terminal.

The shuttles are organised by the cruiseline and go to the city and airport depending on stage of cruise. Airport cost is around $28 one way.

Does anyone know if they do shuttles from the CBD to the grain terminal?

Does anyone know if they do shuttles from the CBD to the grain terminal?

For ships going to the Grain Terminal in Brisbane for a port stop (not turn-around day), the cruiseline operates shuttles to the CBD. I do not believe there are shuttles available at the start or end of a cruise. :) Shuttles do not operate from Portside for ships that call there on a port day or turn-around day.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Shuttles do not operate from Portside for ships that call there on a port day or turn-around day.

There were shuttles available when Dawn Princess stopped at Portside for a port day in early September. I would imagine Princess arranged them although I've fairly sure you could only buy tickets once you were off the ship, in the terminal building. Can't remember what they cost, maybe $20-$25. We didn't use them, it was such a lovely day we caught the CityCat into town.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

There were shuttles available when Dawn Princess stopped at Portside for a port day in early September. I would imagine Princess arranged them although I've fairly sure you could only buy tickets once you were off the ship, in the terminal building. Can't remember what they cost, maybe $20-$25. We didn't use them, it was such a lovely day we caught the CityCat into town.

That's great. :) I agree with you that the CityCat is the way to go.

For ships going to the Grain Terminal in Brisbane for a port stop (not turn-around day), the cruiseline operates shuttles to the CBD. I do not believe there are shuttles available at the start or end of a cruise. :)

Yes, they do operate shuttles at the end of the cruise, to the airport and city.

Not sure about the beginning of the cruise, but it is less likely.

Yes, they do operate shuttles at the end of the cruise, to the airport and city.

Not sure about the beginning of the cruise, but it is less likely.

In my previous post, I forgot about the usual shuttles to the airport :o. I didn't know that they run them to the city.