Brilliance CXLD 1/19/17 (next year)

We had Brilliance booked for 4 consecutive cruises next Jan, starting 1/19/17. I received an email and a call from the resolutions dept. The 1/19/17 sailing has been chartered. So, they offered us additional OBC to choose another sailing with price match. It's no big deal, since it's over a year away and was the FIRST of our 4 sailings (not in the middle of our 4 back-to-backs).

We rebooked on the tail end of our back-to-backs, as our favorite JS 1100 was available! What luck! And, they price matched it even though it's a 5-night. The cxld cruise was a 4-night.

Now we have 1/23, 1/28, 2/2, and 2/6 of 2017. But UH OH....now the 2/2/17 sailing has disappeared from the website. Wonder if I'll receive another call...

Peter

We were on the 1/14/17 that got chartered. They price protected us for 3 different sailings but none that were the same stops. The one we had booked stopped in Key West. I just read that the 12/12/16 sailing also has been chartered.

Popular ship:)

We were on the 1/14/17 that got chartered. They price protected us for 3 different sailings but none that were the same stops. The one we had booked stopped in Key West. I just read that the 12/12/16 sailing also has been chartered.

Popular ship:)

Short cruises out of Tampa seem to get chartered frequently each season. You'd think they would know that before selling the sailings to the public. At least we are flexible, but ohers might not be so lucky.

Peter

Short cruises out of Tampa seem to get chartered frequently each season. You'd think they would know that before selling the sailings to the public. At least we are flexible, but ohers might not be so lucky.

Peter

I tried to get them to let me switch for the same price to another one that went to KW but they would not budge. Booked 1/23/17 but will probably change that once the new sailings get released so we don't lose the OBC

Peter

Yeah, I will never understand the mindset of selling it to the public and THEN letting a charter buy the whole thing out. They know the dates they want to release sales to the public. They should know the major agencies/organizations/etc. that typically do the charters. It doesn't seem THAT hard to let those know say a month or two in advance of the public release date what the dates and itineraries are and say "You have until [a week before the public release date] to confirm any charters you wish to make."

Or maybe I'm being too logical about it...