Latest Koningsdam Pics

InTheWASide

IMO I'm hoping that Koningsdam will combine the best of Celebrity's Solstice-class (design and specialty restaurants) with the best of HAL (service/staff, MDR and Lido food and historical touches) :)

So far it's looking like it may do exactly that. I'm getting really excited

That ended up way larger than I expected.

Well, they've also updated the Dining Room rendering. Looks like a few minor changes, but also that copper sheathing around the wine tower appears to now be more of a brushed metal finish. Still beautiful but I think it now works better with the overall look and decor

Main-Dining-03.jpg

I agree that the shroud looks much better with the brushed metal finish. So happy that they are keeping the wine tower. Hoping the wine list will improve as well :)

Complaining and whining about a new ship isn't new. People did the same with the Royal Princess (and other ships). I, for one, tend to reserve judgment until I've actually cruised on the dang thing (or at least read reviews from others who have). Lots of bad press about Royal Princess (before it was finished) but I've done three cruises on her (two TAs) and, overall, think she's a terrific boat. Had my mother judged my father only by his looks, neither me nor my sister would be here today. I'm glad she looked past any perceived imperfections and reserved judgment until she saw what a true gem he was.:)

Amen!!!

I agree with the thing about the new Princess ships. After we had booked the Regal, all we heard were such negative things, people complaining about every little thing. We thought OMG, what have we gotten ourselves into! Well, we loved it and went on to sail on the Royal as well. And we would gladly do so again.

For what it's worth, I like the look of the Koningsdam and I am really looking forward to sailing on her.

Count me in the group that can't wait to sail on her ... although every time I see the MDR pic I get the impression that I'll feel like Jonah in the whale's belly. :D

Give me new over archaic any day of the week.

We're thrilled to be sailing Koningsdam in November. We are long time loyalists to Celebrity and Princess and this ship reminds us of Celebrity S class ships. We don't care if she's "boxy" or whatever else people are saying about the exterior views. We'll be inside enjoying that "new ship" feeling. We're happy to come back to HAL after 7 years away!

Since I'm not sailing on her until December 4, I am looking forward to all the reviews of the ship - the good, bad and ugly. I'm sure we will have a variety of opinions. From seeing the outside of the ship, it looks great. A little bigger than most HAL cruisers prefer, but it still does not look as ugly as the Epic. I really like the Lido pool area. I hope they don't put the cabanas there, if there are any on this ship. Although I love the Nieuw Amsterdam, I found that the cabanas take way too much space from the lounge chairs and tables. Even if this ship doesn't become a favourite of mine, it is still 10 days on the Caribbean in December instead of Canada and that is a good thing.

There are cabanas at the lido pool on the lower level but keep in mind there are also tons of chairs and tables from the look of things on the upper level of the lido (which has never existed before).

There is also a Retreat/Cabana Club cabana area as is the case on the Vista and Signature Class ships (all but Oosterdam prior to its April dry dock)

I hope they don't put the cabanas there, if there are any on this ship. Although I love the Nieuw Amsterdam, I found that the cabanas take way too much space from the lounge chairs and tables.
There's 9 or 10 (hard to tell) on the port side, like the Eurodam. I think the traffic flow is better on the N.A. where they are the starboard side than on the E'dam, but it appears that on the K the doorways to the elevators and Spa area are in the center and starboard, so maybe it will work okay.

They moved Eurodam's lido cabanas to the other side on this recent dry dock so it mimics Nieuw Amsterdam.

They are on the deck plan for Koningsdam on the port side, but you're correct, it appears that the main hallway from forward elevators to the lido pool is on the starboard side. (Food venues like Dive In and New York Pizza and Deli are on the upper level also which may help crowd control since many I presume would stay on the same level as where the food they got was when picking a table.

I am booked on the 2 week Norway cruise July 17 on the new Koningsdam, my question please as when i was filling out my paper works at the end they said you would have a hold on your CC for $60.00 per day so thats is $840.00 wow. my friend did a 30 day cruise last year and that amount was not there. I called Hal and they told me its always been like that. Is this true?

thank you

Janet

I am booked on the 2 week Norway cruise July 17 on the new Koningsdam, my question please as when i was filling out my paper works at the end they said you would have a hold on your CC for $60.00 per day so thats is $840.00 wow. my friend did a 30 day cruise last year and that amount was not there. I called Hal and they told me its always been like that. Is this true?

thank you

Janet

It's been that way for years. It's just a hold on the card.