Belize as sub for Harvest Caye is a joke!

mwrules

Booked Western Carb for March on Getaway. Common NCL, Belize Ciry is not an acceptable sub & IS NOT safe!!!

Considering the stop was always Belize City before the concept for Harvest Caye was ever dreamed of, it seems to be an appropriate sub.

Don't like it, stay on the ship.

Considering the stop was always Belize City before the concept for Harvest Caye was ever dreamed of, it seems to be an appropriate sub.

Don't like it, stay on the ship.

I am booked on The Getaway for January 2017, and one of our stops is Harvest Caye. Is this a city or a private beach area?

I am booked on The Getaway for January 2017, and one of our stops is Harvest Caye. Is this a city or a private beach area?

It's going to be a NCL private island when it's finished.

I was looking forward to going to Harvest Caye, but after it was cancelled for our trip in 2 weeks, I'm looking forward to the river trip to Lamanai ruins. We went cavetubing and ziplining in Belize last year and had lots of fun and felt very safe.

I stopped at Belize last week and did a great "non-NCL" tour that took us to an island. One couple stayed on the island, strolled around, used internet, etc while the rest of us had a fun snorkeling tour. We ended with lunch (I had lobster for $16.50) and a 45 minute boat ride back to the pier. No complaints from me :)

& as an out island, you wouldn t have to take a tour. To wait until 1 month before scheduled opening to announce delay is poor PR....and they should give you some $$$ consideration

You're right. One million dollars sounds good.

;)

& as an out island, you wouldn t have to take a tour. To wait until 1 month before scheduled opening to announce delay is poor PR....and they should give you some $$$ consideration

Legally, they could cancel all stops and not offer any refunds. We missed GSC on our last cruise (like many sailings). At least you are stopping somewhere.

Booked Western Carb for March on Getaway. Common NCL, Belize Ciry is not an acceptable sub & IS NOT safe!!!

It''s as safe as any large US city, if you don't like it stay on the ship that day, or take an NCL excursion, half of them never go near the mainland anyway.

Is this thread about the murder of the anchorwoman on some remote resort near the Guatemalan border?

The cruise ships dock far far away from where the incident happened. Why are you so upset? Stay on board, book an independent tour and stay with the group and you should be fine. Belize was a port long before Harvest Caye was being built up as a private island.

The scheduled opening was to be in the Fall of 2015. We booked our last cruise to go to Harvest Cay but it was changed to Belize City. We went on an excursion to Starfish Island.

Beach, Ocean, Bar, Music, Restaurant all on a tiny piece of land in the middle of nowhere. We enjoyed it! Now hoping Harvest Cay will be open this December...

We are not worried about the change in venue. We are not worried about our safety. We are going to have a great time no matter where the ship stops or does not stop. Why? We are happy to be together enjoying a cruise...oh yes and celebrating my birthday all week long. Thanks NCL for the UBP:)

The scheduled opening was to be in the Fall of 2015. We booked our last cruise to go to Harvest Cay but it was changed to Belize City. We went on an excursion to Starfish Island.

Beach, Ocean, Bar, Music, Restaurant all on a tiny piece of land in the middle of nowhere. We enjoyed it! Now hoping Harvest Cay will be open this December...

Yes. It is actually now more than a year behind schedule. There is an environmental group in Belize who has several lawsuits pending. They allege that the environmental assessment was fast tracked and that the dredging is doing irreparable harm. This is all compounded by the fact that the pax are no longer spending money at Belize businesses so there is a lot of citizen support for delaying the opening. My guess is that it will not be open until a least spring of 2017.

We love stopping in Belize, we have become acquainted with the owner of the Thirsty Pirate (close to were the tenders drop pax) and a young man that use to work for her that started a kiosk selling yummy treats, we have also gone outside of the gates and made friends with a local rock band and one of their parents, they also play inside the gate sometimes.

It's a relaxing day for us, we usually snorkel at all the other ports.

If you pay attention to your surroundings then you can enjoy the port.

Edited by coscab

Maybe you should rethink cruising out of Miami since their are more murders there compared to Belize City.

Edited by abe3

They have been changing the opening date for over a year. It was reported on the boards weeks ago that it will not open until November.

While it was reported on the boards, NCL has not sent any communication to passengers who have booked (and PAID in full) about the change from Harvest Caye to Belize City. I think NCL's blatant disregard for their passengers is what many people (myself included obviously:rolleyes:) take exception to......

It's going to be a NCL private island when it's finished.

I was looking forward to going to Harvest Caye, but after it was cancelled for our trip in 2 weeks, I'm looking forward to the river trip to Lamanai ruins. We went cavetubing and ziplining in Belize last year and had lots of fun and felt very safe.

I did the river ride and Lamanai ruins in Belize last April, loved it.

oh WAAAAHHHHHH. Belize is just fine. Our last cruise we stopped there and had one of our best excursions ever. Ports can change. Read your cruise contract. If you do not like Belize either stay on the ship or cancel your cruise. :rolleyes:

While it was reported on the boards, NCL has not sent any communication to passengers who have booked (and PAID in full) about the change from Harvest Caye to Belize City. I think NCL's blatant disregard for their passengers is what many people (myself included obviously:rolleyes:) take exception to......

So is it going to change the fact that Belize is now on the itinerary if they send out email? NO! You are just looking for a reason to complain.