159$ for balcony up sell

mrswallace2012

I got an upsell offer today for our March sailing on a 7 night Mexican Riviera from a mini to a full suite for $329 PP. It took me a nanosecond to accept it.

You will like having a balcony, I've never sailed without one since they started having them about 15 years ago.

Hi CC friends !

I just received an email from Princess, offering us a balcony stateroom from an interior for 159$ per person .

We are thinking about taking an offer... Is this a good deal ?

What ship ???

Edited by riclop

Congrats on your upsell. Once you get a balcony, it's hard to go back. :D

Find a good TA and you can save money on your next Princess cruise. Princess allows TA to discount their cruises. I save at least 10% on my Princess cruises!

Have a great time on your balcony!

DW and I decided to do an inside on our last cruise on the Emerald last October. By the second day, DW said from now on we book a balcony. You will be glad you spent the $300. But be forewarned, as DW and I found our, you will not want to go back to and inside.

Looking for some friendly input since this thread seems to be a good place to ask.

Have a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (E614) on the Regal 7 Day. Was offered a $149 PP upsell to a Mini-Suite. My question is do you think it's worth it. Is there any extra perks to taking a mini-suite besides the slightly larger balcony and room? My concern is I might get moved to one of those mini-suites under the "SkyWalk" area, which is probably worse than an obstructed balcony by lifeboats, lol.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Socceric9

Looking for some friendly input since this thread seems to be a good place to ask.

Have a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (E614) on the Regal 7 Day. Was offered a $149 PP upsell to a Mini-Suite. My question is do you think it's worth it. Is there any extra perks to taking a suite besides the slightly larger balcony and room? My concern is I might get moved to one of those mini-suites under the "SkyWalk" area, which is probably worse than an obstructed balcony by lifeboats, lol.

Thanks in advance.

Hi You can first check Princess website to see which ones are available and the cabin # of the ones you would accept. If you don't like the cabin they offer just decline.

Have a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (E614) on the Regal 7 Day. Was offered a $149 PP upsell to a Mini-Suite. My question is do you think it's worth it. Is there any extra perks to taking a suite besides the slightly larger balcony and room? My concern is I might get moved to one of those mini-suites under the "SkyWalk" area, which is probably worse than an obstructed balcony by lifeboats, lol.

Thanks in advance.

When I called Princess to take their offer, I pulled up my Princess personalizer and typed in the stateroom numbers and I would quickly be able to check what deck was on and what is above it. 149$ seems like a awesome deal to me( I'd take it)..and from what i've read there are perks..but hopefully someone else can confirm that.

[quote name='wblynch']I don't believe there are any extra perks with a mini-suite on Princess over a regular balcony. (perhaps better soap in the bathroom? )[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm seeing too. I wasn't sure of there was like tender or anytime dining priority or expedited boarding or maybe an opportunity to steer the ship (I joke, kinda).

Although it wasn't an upsell, we were booked in an aft deluxe balcony on the Regal for March. My husband is a diligent price watcher and noticed the prices for mini suites dropped. His first phone call to Princess he got the standard "new bookings only" answer to upgrading. He called again a half hour later and got a different person. This time we were able to get the mini suite for $100 more total! Edited by Dawniepoo

[quote name='wblynch']I don't believe there are any extra perks with a mini-suite on Princess over a regular balcony. (perhaps better soap in the bathroom? )[/QUOTE]
We were upgraded to a mini-suite on the Crown last year. There is one perk: a glass of champagne in your room. (Actually, 2 glasses - one for each person.) Edited by damiross

A mini suite should not have the name suite in the description. :(
No additional perks other then an embarkation glass of headache water.