Cabin Service Decrease

Jana60

Yet you have 3 more cruises booked with them.

I recently semi-retired and plan to cruise more frequently in future than I have in the past. I have completed 19 cruises with Carnival Cruise Line in the past 10 years. What does it tell you that during the past month I have been looking at other cruise lines sites when prior to this I had not even looked at another cruise site for years! Indeed my reason for cruising back to back to back is to enjoy the orchestra on one of the carnival ships that has not done away with it yet because all of the ships at least from the information I've been given will eventually lose their show band.

Edited by Jana60

I recently semi-retired and plan to cruise more frequently in future than I have in the past. I have completed 19 cruises with Carnival Cruise Line in the past 10 years. What does it tell you that during the past month I have been looking at other cruise lines sites when prior to this I had not even looked at another cruise site for years!

That's the beauty of it. No one is forcing you to cruise Carnival. Carnival can tell passengers to bring their own vacuum cleaner and they will still fill your room with someone else. They are a very successful business for a reason. And honestly, I know they are testing the waters with this 1 or 2 day service option and by the responses I bet 2 a day never goes away.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? People have to agree 100% with a company in order to do business with them?

You are correct sparks! There are many things I love about Carnival cruise ships. In order of importance to me those things are ,#1 having lots of entertainment options like karaoke (love to sing), comedy club, piano bar all open a significant numbers of hours so that you're not confined to choosing one or the other. #2. I enjoy a good production show with a live orchestra accompanying it but I can accept the canned music if the performers are otherwise good. What I can't stand is Hasbro the game show! So I always look for something else to do during that. #3 continuation of friendly excellent service from the crew and staff of Carnival. #4 good food that at least occasionally includes some of my favorites like lobster, escargot, bitter and Blanc, and Grand Marnier souffle. #5 good prices that can encompass all of the above and still remain affordable enough to allow me to cruise frequently. Is there any one factor that would be a game changer for me? Yes. Loss of karaoke OR loss of the friendly service from the crew and staff would cause me to leave Carnival. Other factors I listed could certainly add up to causing me to leave Carnival but all by themselves would not cause it.

Edited by Jana60

That's the beauty of it. No one is forcing you to cruise Carnival. Carnival can tell passengers to bring their own vacuum cleaner and they will still fill your room with someone else. They are a very successful business for a reason. And honestly' date=' I know they are testing the waters with this 1 or 2 day service option and by the responses I bet 2 a day never goes away.[/quote']

No you're right no one is forcing me to cruise carnival just like nobody is forcing all the other customers. The reason Carnival is a successful company is because of people like me who cruise frequently and at least in the past have referred many friends to them so it would behoove them to avoid testing those waters too much! PS... I think you'd find it will be damn hard to get somebody to book that room if they have to bring their own vacuum cleaner!

Edited by Jana60

I think people are making a mountain out of mole hill. If people from Carnival are reading this, might I suggest making it a part of your on-line checking like you do dining and bed configuration preferences. Have a spot for not only AM Service, PM Service or Both but also a spot if a filled ice bucket is preferred and if you would prefer a stocked or empty refrigerator. This would let the staff know what is wanted by each room before we even step on the ship and the staff can adjust their schedules accordingly. I would think this would be much simpler than a checklist waiting for us when we arrive.

I think people are making a mountain out of mole hill. If people from Carnival are reading this, might I suggest making it a part of your on-line checking like you do dining and bed configuration preferences. Have a spot for not only AM Service, PM Service or Both but also a spot if a filled ice bucket is preferred and if you would prefer a stocked or empty refrigerator. This would let the staff know what is wanted by each room before we even step on the ship and the staff can adjust their schedules accordingly. I would think this would be much simpler than a checklist waiting for us when we arrive.

That's an excellent idea and has been suggested by more than one person here. It has the advantage of cutting down on the paperwork required by the room Stewart. They could receive a computer printout that easily and clearly listed the preferences of each passenger in their service area. What would also be great is if you could even change instructions to your room steward or make new requests over the Internet without having to call him on the phone or anything.

Whether the cabin is serviced once, twice or thrice if you need something, housekeeping is a phone call away. That fact seems to be lost on those so concerned they won't get ice or fresh towels.

Personally, I don't care if they turn down the bed at night, or leave me a towel animal. I would be perfectly fine with once in the morning service as long as they drop off ice and towels (if needed) later in the day. My room doesn't need to be cleaned or "refreshed" in the evening. I can pick up after myself and a few papers in the wastebasket overnight isn't a problem.

Personally, I don't care if they turn down the bed at night, or leave me a towel animal. I would be perfectly fine with once in the morning service as long as they drop off ice and towels (if needed) later in the day. My room doesn't need to be cleaned or "refreshed" in the evening. I can pick up after myself and a few papers in the wastebasket overnight isn't a problem.

That's all we need as well.....Simple n Easy 👍🏻👍🏻

Hi Jana- Great thread and thanks for keeping people aware of the situation. Do you know your avatar is not appearing on your posts?

Okay I'm not very technically savvy.... if you're talking about the little picture that's next to each of my posts, I'm seeing it on my end! It's a picture of me wearing a black dress. Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Edited by Jana60

Absolutely - this process would leave nothing left to individual interpretation either ;)

Here's what I always wonder about John Heald's "polls". FB gives you the ability to create an actual poll. You can give several choices and your followers can click a button to vote for each option. Each person can only vote once. A horizontal bar graph is instantly created as each person votes so that you can quickly see how people are answering. The person who creates the poll also has the option to access built-in analytics about the people who took the poll - how many people who took the poll are male or female, their age group, etc., based on the info in their FB profile. Here's an example if you haven't seen one:

Ford-Motor-Company-Poll-300x209.png

I work in social media, so I have to wonder, why would JH not use this feature? Is it because he's not actually polling people? I feel like he just asks these questions so that he can say he averages X amount of comments per post, which proves his relevancy to the brand (a key social media metric), and really doesn't do much with the information obtained from the polls.

This is just an idea I've been mulling over, I could be wrong...but why not use a built-in poll when actually polling people? I know there are a lot of JH lovers on here, so please don't flame me, just sharing a thought I had.

Here's what I always wonder about John Heald's "polls".

This is just an idea I've been mulling over, I could be wrong...but why not use a built-in poll when actually polling people? I know there are a lot of JH lovers on here, so please don't flame me, just sharing a thought I had.

While I'm sure it does support any claims he makes about numbers of people responding to his posts I do believe he also is wanting to do a poll without it being too scientific! After all if you do a scientific poll and 99.9% of the people respond one way you really wouldn't have a leg to stand on when one day later you claim the totally opposite results.

While I'm sure it does support any claims he makes about numbers of people responding to his posts I do believe he also is wanting to do a poll without it being too scientific! After all if you do a scientific poll and 99.9% of the people respond one way you really wouldn't have a leg to stand on when one day later you claim the totally opposite results.

Well, that's what I'm getting at. He's not actually polling people, just making them think he is.

Here's what I always wonder about John Heald's "polls". FB gives you the ability to create an actual poll. You can give several choices and your followers can click a button to vote for each option. Each person can only vote once. A horizontal bar graph is instantly created as each person votes so that you can quickly see how people are answering. The person who creates the poll also has the option to access built-in analytics about the people who took the poll - how many people who took the poll are male or female, their age group, etc., based on the info in their FB profile. Here's an example if you haven't seen one:

Ford-Motor-Company-Poll-300x209.png

I work in social media, so I have to wonder, why would JH not use this feature? Is it because he's not actually polling people? I feel like he just asks these questions so that he can say he averages X amount of comments per post, which proves his relevancy to the brand (a key social media metric), and really doesn't do much with the information obtained from the polls.

No flames here. Heald only cares about hits on page. Questions are repeated in one form or another over n over. The Big Cheese is a relic of the past.

So you think he is making it less formal so he does not have to answer to it?

Edited by jimbo5544

I think he does it for social activity and gains to Carnival. Many real questions to him go unanswered. Also I notice many times there are postings from him, but he's in transit back to home, and his posts say Miami. I see many repeats in his blogs and bits and pieces of others put together on new ones. The recent one about school and his father I remember from a year ago. I follow John, I think he's amusing but I don't think it's all it's supposed to be. He highlights items or "posts" that inflame the faithful.

Just seeing the fb, and noticed he was asking about the Piano bar and if people go in. And then asking about the portion sizes on the food in the dining room. Boy I hope these things are not to go away, or having to pay to upgrade the size of small portion to get a little more on the plate. Not saying this will happen just jumping off my mind.

So you think he is making it less formal so he does not have to answer to it?

Yes I'm agreeing with Pesh! I think if the polls were too scientific it might rope him into something that his bosses don't want to do or that he feels would hurt his ratings as a performer which is really what he is. He's more of an entertainer than an administrator.