UpGrade Fairy

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

I arranged for some elderly friends of ours to Cruise on board Golden Princess on a 13 Night Trip to New Zealand Return Melbourne leaving on Saturday

We booked a Mini Suite for the at a total cost of just under $5,500

Well Today the Fairy e-mailed .. a FREE upgrade to C-415 s4 Balcony Suite

I was rather chuffed ...for them ......

As they dont have computers I had to race about and do new documents for then and new luggage tags which I laminate.....

But a nice visit from the Fairy ....:D:D:D

Regards

John:p

Nice! Golden Princess was very kind to me too - obstructed OV -> balcony.

I wonder if you get all the suite perks when it's an upgrade?

They should do. When we got a similar upgrade we did. Breakfast at Sabatinis is just ...wonderful...:):)

What a great upgrade. The position is perfect.

Hi Folks

I arranged for some elderly friends of ours to Cruise on board Golden Princess on a 13 Night Trip to New Zealand Return Melbourne leaving on Saturday

We booked a Mini Suite for the at a total cost of just under $5,500

Well Today the Fairy e-mailed .. a FREE upgrade to C-415 s4 Balcony Suite

I was rather chuffed ...for them ......

As they dont have computers I had to race about and do new documents for then and new luggage tags which I laminate.....

But a nice visit from the Fairy ....:D:D:D

Regards

John:p

is C415 still a mini suite or a suite

I'm no chance for an upgrade fairy visit, after final payment my TA informed me by email she is moving on, and Am Iok to print my phone win documentation and luggage tags out.

Because I used a TA Carnival Australia will not deal direct with me. It looks like I'm at the mercy of the gods

I'm no chance for an upgrade fairy visit, after final payment my TA informed me by email she is moving on, and Am Iok to print my phone win documentation and luggage tags out.

Because I used a TA Carnival Australia will not deal direct with me. It looks like I'm at the mercy of the gods

Forward the email to Carnival Australia telling them that the TA quit on you and could they take over the booking.

Forward the email to Carnival Australia telling them that the TA quit on you and could they take over the booking.

I have spoken to carnival they are not interested it was hinted that but not said openly that I should have death direct with them in the first place.

Everything should be fine, Carnival will not even confirm how much OBC I have. It doesn't show up in the cruise personaliser well not that I can see in total I have 600 OBC.... 500 at time of booking and 100 defence force offer.

Will no doubt find out at checkin time. If not there maybe time to put my war face on lol

Edited by stingau

I have spoken to carnival they are not interested it was hinted that but not said openly that I should have death direct with them in the first place.

Everything should be fine, Carnival will not even confirm how much OBC I have. It doesn't show up in the cruise personaliser well not that I can see in total I have 600 OBC.... 500 at time of booking and 100 defence force offer.

Will no doubt find out at checkin time. If not there maybe time to put my war face on lol

Take all your documentation with you, paper or electronic, so that you have proof if there is any issues.:D

Is your TA a lone wolf ? If there are others in her office ask to see the Manager and get him/her to sort it out.

We have had times when out TA has on to greener pastures but someone else in the office takes over,

Your TA should not be entitled to any commission if she has walked out on you before you take the cruise. Someone else in the office will garb it

Excellent news for them and you I suppose.:D

Hi

Well it did make me feel a little better /// they had heard about my Tale of woe ... at Christmas.... so at least their cruise is off to a great start...

I'm still on the sick list ... a real pain in the rear ... with the only dim star at the end of the tunnel being a consideration of a S'ton To Melbourne jaunt on Board QM2 in January 2017 as compensation to oneself for "missing out

:p

Hi

Well it did make me feel a little better /// they had heard about my Tale of woe ... at Christmas.... so at least their cruise is off to a great start...

I'm still on the sick list ... a real pain in the rear ... with the only dim star at the end of the tunnel being a consideration of a S'ton To Melbourne jaunt on Board QM2 in January 2017 as compensation to oneself for "missing out

:p

Well I hope you recover fully and get to enjoy your QM2 jaunt, it is a lovely ocean liner.:D

Great news for your friends,

How are you going with the insurance claim?

Hi Folks

Nothing heard either good or bad from the insurance company . a couple of requests for documents (invoices) and thats all

Regards

John

Well I hope you recover fully and get to enjoy your QM2 jaunt, it is a lovely ocean liner.:D

Hi Yep .. a nice consolation prize for , the other two letdowns ... and just long enough to feel we have been "away"

I think the two Girls will go tomorrow . just have to get myself fit and well again which is proving to be a bit of a battle.

The latest results from the CT-Scan show some back damage but nothing they can point to and say "Thats it" , but the pain continues , I'm fine as long as I'm taking the tablets Oxcycontin 15 mg with Endone chasers 05 mg as required , I need to stop having to take this stuff its addictive ....

I'll be happy perhaps when a small JW and ice will suffice to make the world feel a nice place

Tastes better too ;)

Regards

John

Hi Folks

Nothing heard either good or bad from the insurance company . a couple of requests for documents (invoices) and thats all

Regards

John

It will take weeks before you hear anything and then it may only be for more documentation. They do not rush these things.

Hi Folks

Yes I should have shot the upgrade fairy.. My friends sailed off on the Golden Princess enjoying their suite and I sailed back into hospital for another three days ... still more of the same problem that laid me low in New Zealand ..but I do think that this time we may have found the cause .....

If I was a steam ship the cure would have been to send me for a major boiler clean and have all my tubes purged :D

Suffice to say with large doses of what I shall call "gloop" things are starting to get a little better and I was able to celebrate Australia day and do a few jobs around the place

Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!

As far as cruising is concerned everything is on hold for the moment ... but will be listening to see what our friends thought of Golden Princess

Best Regards

JOhn