LIVE From the February 7th Eclipse

chamima

Hi e dont have coffee - but had breakfast yesterday in room with china cups! Have seen people wandering aroundxwith paper cups! We had a fabulous day yesterday in Barbados on Silver Moon, lovely dinner in blu and a picnic on the lawn last night before we left Barbadosar midnight with latitude the shiips group. The two ships productionsxwe have seen have been truly amazing.

Sorry I cant help with the coffee. Dining in Qsine tonight. Still sad about Terry wogan for all the brits out there!

Thanks!

LOVE those picnics on the lawn! :D

Hi to all!

Please don't forget to post your live observations while on this cruise. We are on the Feb 21 cruise and would like to get some ratings of what the current venues are like, if you will.

Dining, entertainment on stage and in lounges., plus the new cruise director, will all be of interest.

Thank again, have a great trip

Joe/Phyllis

Hi everything is great. Entertainment fantastic - we eat in blu and that is great - but have had lunch in the buffet which has masses of choice. Entertainment director seems nice.

Aruba went to eagle beach easy taxi ride and nice.

Curacao first day took our own taxi to mambo beach easy- beach ok.

Second day took a ships tour - city and beach escape- city bit non existent and went to same beach.

Barbados - silver moon lovely.

Antigua taxi to Turners beach a bit crowded - I think Valley church beach better. Traffic really bad coming back to ship so allow a good hour.

Tomorrow cockleshell beach.

Dining packages were offered but I didnt seeanything at that price will look next week when the new cruise starts. Entertainment. A 2 productions shows specially done for Celebrity - brilliant Topper and Chandelier - one old R ock city which I havent seen yet. One singer male - I fell asleep but he had a great voice just not me. Jane Curry singer great voice and one other guest female singer amazing. An illusionist - didnt see not me. archipelago group tomorrow . Comedian tonight- again not me.

A vilolist and guitarist in Ensemble. The ships band - fairly average. A guitarist and snger on Sunset bar good.

Music to dance to in Atrium.

Sorry no more time sun callibg

Was an ultimate dining package offered onboard the first or second day that had a cost of $60pp? A 4 dinner package was what I read on another post on a Celebrity forum .

Couldn't' remember which ship they said.

I seem to remember reading on posts about various ships that it was $29/pp/per day to get the Ultimate Dining package.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2308329&highlight=ultimate+dining

We are on the March 6 sailing. Would really appreciate what you find to do in Barbados on Sunday. We'd hoped to do a Mount Gay Distellery tour, but they're closed on Sundays. I've read much of Bridgetown is closed on Sunday. We've been once before and visited Sunbury, etc. we're really not beach people so any recommendations or observations appreciated. TIA.

We are on the March 6 sailing. Would really appreciate what you find to do in Barbados on Sunday. We'd hoped to do a Mount Gay Distellery tour, but they're closed on Sundays. I've read much of Bridgetown is closed on Sunday. We've been once before and visited Sunbury, etc. we're really not beach people so any recommendations or observations appreciated. TIA.

We always spend a day in Barbados on a catamaran.

Either Silvermoon or Calabaza.

We are beach, water and snorkel aficionados, so not good for recommendations on island tours.

Sorry.

Dining packages were offered but I didnt seeanything at that price will look next week when the new cruise starts. Entertainment. A 2 productions shows specially done for Celebrity - brilliant Topper and Chandelier - one old R ock city which I havent seen yet. One singer male - I fell asleep but he had a great voice just not me. Jane Curry singer great voice and one other guest female singer amazing. An illusionist - didnt see not me. archipelago group tomorrow . Comedian tonight- again not me.

A vilolist and guitarist in Ensemble. The ships band - fairly average. A guitarist and snger on Sunset bar good.

Music to dance to in Atrium.

Sorry no more time sun callibg

Thanks, sounds like the lounge entertainment is similar to

last year's cruise.

Edited by bananawindnj

And now many of us are really on board the Eclipse, LIVE! :)

It's a beautiful day, a little chilly. Check in was easy, got on board a little after 11. Lunch was very good. We were told that our cabins were ready around 12:50, earlier than I had expected. So far very pleased, and happy to be back on board an S-class Celebrity ship.

Sue

If possible please check if 1) Vinod is still a waiter in Blu 2) Slobodan still In Murano... Thx

We were on the Reflection in December and Slobodan was the maitre d in Blu. He always does a wonderful job and works extremely hard with a smile on face.

Enjoying the live posts! David and I will be sailing Eclipse 4/3/16 for two weeks. Would like to know if we would get a better price for a dining package if we wait to book it once on board. We currently prepaid for a five night specialty dining package (as we really love eating in the smaller venues), but can cancel and rebook on board if that will save us some cash;) Thanks, Cheri

Enjoying the live posts! David and I will be sailing Eclipse 4/3/16 for two weeks. Would like to know if we would get a better price for a dining package if we wait to book it once on board. We currently prepaid for a five night specialty dining package (as we really love eating in the smaller venues), but can cancel and rebook on board if that will save us some cash;) Thanks, Cheri

I saw the following prices for the Dining packages:

2 Dinner (Murano, Qsine, Tuscan) $109

5 Dinner (1 Murano, 2 Qsine, 2 Tuscan) $159

Sue

I bought an internet package but it has to last 14 days so will have to use it sparingly. We're sailing somewhere off the coast of Cuba and the weather is overcast and quite cool. It's probably the coldest weather we've ever had on a Caribbean cruise.

Last night we watched the Super Bowl in the theater. It was fun to watch along with other people cheering for their favorite team, but since we were watching the ESPN satellite feed, there were no commercials!! That got to be quite annoying after a while because there were so many commercial breaks and they kept showing the same ESPN ads over and over again. Otherwise it was a good time. They split the theater seating into two halves so you could sit with people rooting for the same team. There were tables set up in the back with burgers, nachos and the like, and a couple of small bars set up in the corners offering beer bucket specials and just about anything else you'd want.

We have the Classic beverage package that we got with a 123go booking. Our plan is to use it for half the cruise and then upgrade it for the 2nd half. I like Chardonnay and found that different bars were carrying different brands for their "house" wine, so I went on a quest to see which one I liked best. All of them were all okay, but looking forward to getting something a little better next week. I am taking the stairs everywhere I go to try to offset the extra calories I've been consuming.

My husband and I have noticed that the demographics are a little older on this itinerary than on other Celebrity cruises we've been on. It's likely because of the length of the cruise. We are lucky to have earned a lot of vacation by now, and younger people probably don't get as much, and it seems that most people here are retirement aged.

Hoping for warmer weather tomorrow.

Sue

Hopefully some others from our roll call will chime in with their experiences too.

Edited by SandG

I saw the following prices for the Dining packages:

2 Dinner (Murano, Qsine, Tuscan) $109

5 Dinner (1 Murano, 2 Qsine, 2 Tuscan) $159

Sue

Thanks for the info Sue, I hope they don't lock us into only one night in Murano with the five night package :rolleyes:

I thought I'd check in here too. So far the cruise is going great. We met some very nice people around the ship, and the cruise critic Party was very well attended yesterday morning.

The first night the specialty restaurants were offered at half price, so we took advantage of that and dined at Murano. Excellent food, service and ambiance. Since we are in Aqua class, most of our meals will be in Blu. Breakfasts in Blu are my personal favorite, and dinner was very good, too, with great service. We always like to dine early, so at 6:00 we got seated immediately, but there seemed to be a little wait for a table around 7:00.

The show Rock City was very enjoyable and was standing room only for the 9:00 show. We saw Andrew Kennedy, the comedian, at 10:30. Very funny with an x rated show. Not for those easily offended, as he warned us about at the start.

Smooth sailing so far. Hard to tell the ship is moving. Today is our second sea day and then Aruba tomorrow!

By the way, as Elite plus, my husband and I each get 240 min, but I upgraded to the unlimited minutes plan for $194, and now I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for continuing your posts. Can you tell me if there is any new information re changing Bistro on 5 menu to Sushi? I board Eclipse March 6th and Bistro is our favourite place to meet our friends. Will have to change plans if the menu has changed.

Thanks in advance for any info you have.

Sheila

Thanks for continuing your posts. Can you tell me if there is any new information re changing Bistro on 5 menu to Sushi? I board Eclipse March 6th and Bistro is our favourite place to meet our friends. Will have to change plans if the menu has changed.

Thanks in advance for any info you have.

Sheila

Bistro on 5 menu has not changed yet, it is still crepes and other specialties, but it does cost $10 now. (I remember when it was $5).

Sue