LIVE From the February 7th Eclipse

chamima

Hi Mary

Hope you are having a great cruise and are managing to keep Lisa & Jules in order !!!! Wished we could have met up again on this cruise but we could not make it work. Love From Julie & Andrew UK xx

We were well behaved. NOT. We had a ball but missed you guys. Mary is a star shining everyday of the cruise.

We just love her . Xx

• 2 weeks later...
We were well behaved. NOT. We had a ball but missed you guys. Mary is a star shining everyday of the cruise.

We just love her . Xx

I beg to differ!

You were EXTREMELY well behaved!!!

Not so much our overly- inebriated friend from the Martini bar.

Your life and humor added a much needed spark to what otherwise was an overly quiet cruise.

I beg to differ!

You were EXTREMELY well behaved!!!

Not so much our overly- inebriated friend from the Martini bar.

Your life and humor added a much needed spark to what otherwise was an overly quiet cruise.

Karen I totally agree. Lisa is the life of the party. The Martini Bar will never be the same. So glad you and Marilyn got to hang out. Miss you guys.

Just in case you need a reminder of our friend:

12670394_10153971101133064_2401049372477389920_n.jpg?oh=86b046146005d8c0be26537440cd1789&oe=57525D84

Karen I totally agree. Lisa is the life of the party. The Martini Bar will never be the same. So glad you and Marilyn got to hang out. Miss you guys.

12670394_10153971101133064_2401049372477389920_n.jpg?oh=86b046146005d8c0be26537440cd1789&oe=57525D84

Ha-Ha!!

Poor Julian! :eek:

Miss you, too!

We're home now and I'm suffering from my usual Mal-de-debarquement.

Mary

Glad you had a great cruise. We had a week on the Summit earlier in the year and had a great time but did miss all the old crowd from the Eclipse. I'm sure we will sail together again one day now we are frequent floaters !!! ps looks like Julian has a new friend :D:D

Mary

Glad you had a great cruise. We had a week on the Summit earlier in the year and had a great time but did miss all the old crowd from the Eclipse. I'm sure we will sail together again one day now we are frequent floaters !!! ps looks like Julian has a new friend :D:D

Hi Julie

With the Rio Ravers having fun is a sure thing. They do not disappoint. We had a blast. I miss them all. JP and Joseph were delightful.

As for Julian's new cruise buddy words cannot describe the scene at the Martini Bar. She was quite taken with Julian and she suddenly started nibbling on a stunned Julian's arm and before we knew it she proceeded to bite his nipple. We were all laughing so hard and it happened so fast I do not think any of us got that picture. It was priceless. When we asked her what her name was she said it was "Donkey".

Hope to see you on a cruise some time soon. Maybe in a couple of years we could have another reunion. We will have to work on that.

Mary;)

Edited by Beba-Beba

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, as Elite plus, my husband and I each get 240 min, but I upgraded to the unlimited minutes plan for $194, and now I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello SandyKnits!

May I ask you if the internet speed was at least acceptable? I have heared various opinions on the subject... As I am boaring next year for the same cruise and I need to work (some emails, etc) during the trip, I wondering if wi-fi quality is so bad as I heared...

Thanks!

Hello SandyKnits!

May I ask you if the internet speed was at least acceptable? I have heared various opinions on the subject... As I am boaring next year for the same cruise and I need to work (some emails, etc) during the trip, I wondering if wi-fi quality is so bad as I heared...

Thanks!

The Internet speed was fine for us. I would highly recommend getting the unlimited package, though. After being on an Oceania Riviera cruise last December with horrific internet service, this seemed like warp speed.

• 2 months later...

Help. If you purchase the premium beverage package do they charge you a 18% tip for each drink served to you at a table? Do you have to order your drink at the bar and pick it up yourself to avoid this charge? Also, when you board and order a drink do they charge you a tax because you are still in the USA? Thanks for your help on clearing up this for us.

The Internet speed was fine for us. I would highly recommend getting the unlimited package, though. After being on an Oceania Riviera cruise last December with horrific internet service, this seemed like warp speed.

Help. If you purchase the premium beverage package do they charge you a 18% tip for each drink served to you at a table? Do you have to order your drink at the bar and pick it up yourself to avoid this charge? Also, when you board and order a drink do they charge you a tax because you are still in the USA? Thanks for your help on clearing up this for us.

No and No

You pay the 18% tip on the daily rate .... If you buy the premium package in full you will pay 18% on the daily rate, not per drink. If you have classic drinks package as a perk and upgrade to premium you pay $10 pp per day + 18% tip pp per day = $11.80 pp per day to upgrade to premium. Once you gave the drinks package tips are included .... If you want to tip for exceptional service you can do this by your own choice.

Edited by barneymag

donnacat9, you do not pay an additional 18% gratuity on each drink you order with the Premium Package because your purchase price of said package already includes that 18% gratuity.

We haven't ever paid extra sales tax with a drink package in Florida; unfortunately, I don't remember if we had to sign for the sales tax in New Jersey, Boston and San Diego.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the clarification. I was on NCL and when I got my final bill there were charges for ordering drinks while in port in Florida. I was told that it was a port tax since we were still in the USA. I was so

surprised. This was with a premiumdrink package too.