LIVE From the February 7th Eclipse

chamima

This had been our second day at sea, and happy to report that it's now a lot warmer. :-) Our cruise director is Jane McAnealy. The "Evening Chic" ended up not a whole lot different from what people used to dress up like in the old formal nights. Due to the new guidelines, my husband, among others, decided to leave the jacket behind, but dressed in a button-down shirt. But there were a lot of men still dressed in tuxes and suits, and women in fancy dresses. I think that there's really no change, but Celebrity basically acknowledged how people were dressing that night anyway, because of the tighter restrictions on luggage nowadays.

Last night's show, Rock City was really good. I personally think that the entertainment on Celebrity has been a whole lot better than in the past. We've cruised on Royal Caribbean and Princess, and each has their strengths and weaknesses, and in the past, I would have put Celebrity at the bottom of the three when it comes to entertainment, but now I'm not so sure.

I joined the "Eclipse Choir" today. That's something I hadn't seen before, but has been fun so far. We are working on Broadway tunes, and two of the Celebrity singers are leading the group.

The food has been very good, as always. This is the main reason we love to cruise with Celebrity.

Tomorrow we have 12 hours in Aruba, and very excited about that. That is followed by 2 days in Curacao.

Sue

Hello all presently on the Eclipse. I'm enjoying all your posts and am eagerly awaiting my turn to sail on Feb 21st. Could someone post the rates for manicure and/or pedicures as well as massages? Also, were there any specials or coupons for these services that you are aware of? Does anyone know if the listed spa rates are negotiable?

Thanks in advance for any replies! Please keep sending your posts, especially on your activities at each port.

Ruth

When you are in Curacao could you or someone report on the Veneto Holiday Resort. They offer a day pass for $15pp, the resort is to the left of the pier, within walking distance of the ship. Could be a good option when could consider the cost of getting to Mambo beach, which most people tend to do these days. The hotel doesn't get very good reviews on Tripadviser but they aren't that reliable these days, their beach looks great, check it out on - https://holiday-beach.com

Thanks for any feedback.

When you are in Curacao could you or someone report on the Veneto Holiday Resort. They offer a day pass for $15pp, the resort is to the left of the pier, within walking distance of the ship. Could be a good option when could consider the cost of getting to Mambo beach, which most people tend to do these days. The hotel doesn't get very good reviews on Tripadviser but they aren't that reliable these days, their beach looks great, check it out on - https://holiday-beach.com

Thanks for any feedback.

Many many years ago, we had spent a few days at that hotel and it was fine.

Then, many years ago, on a cruise, we visited their beach and found that the water could be cleaner.

We never returned.

Maybe it is better now. I would like to hear if anyone goes there.

We are not wild about the beaches in Curacao.

Once we went quite far. I forget the name of the beach. The water was spectacular, but the beach was rocky and you had to enter the water from a ladder on a pier.

Karen

Thank you for starting this thread. I would like to know 1 - What fun things are people doing in the evening of the 1st day in Curacao and 2 - Confirm that the evening chic nights are the evening of the 1st and 4th sea days and 3 - Could someone ask the Event Coordinator if the Feb 7th sailing will have a 3rd evening chic night and is it for Valentine's Day? Thank you in advance.

Mary;)

Hi Mary

Hope you are having a great cruise and are managing to keep Lisa & Jules in order !!!! Wished we could have met up again on this cruise but we could not make it work. Love From Julie & Andrew UK xx

Hi

The Captain is Greek

The Hotel Director I think is Dutch but will check

Cost of manicures etc l will post a link if I can find it on line- too much to type!

CD has left and we have a lady called Jane now!

Aruba today very very windy!

More later

Is the party/house band still "Latitude" from New Zealand. I understand their contract is up sometime this month, so I was wondering if the new house/party band is now on board. Or is Latitude still there?

They are here at the mment!

What happened to the OP, or did I miss something?

Our roll call on this cruise decided that we would make this thread open to anyone who was on the roll call to post experiences and answer questions as we go along. Most coverage that way.

Sue

Hi

Glad to hear all are having a good time on board and it's great to hear what's happening

I will be boarding on 6 th March and wondered if anyone on board could tell me what the benefits will be for booking another cruise whilst on board .. And if this will be the option in March

Many thanks

Enjoy the trip😀

Getting on Feb 21. What are you all doing the second day in Curacao?

Not that much offered by the ship.

Thanks, Joe

Today, one of our roll call members coordinated a tour with Irie for a combo tour, distillery visit and beach stop. There was so much interest, we filled our own bus.

Only $25, a good value. Some are doing another trip with them tomorrow. A few of us are getting a resort pass for tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you on this roll-call who are taking time out of your vacation to post. We who are sailing on one of the upcoming final Caribbean cruises of this season really appreciate it and are hanging on every word as our own adventure approaches. Carole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, one of our roll call members coordinated a tour with Irie for a combo tour, distillery visit and beach stop. There was so much interest, we filled our own bus.

Only $25, a good value. Some are doing another trip with them tomorrow. A few of us are getting a resort pass for tomorrow.

Let us know how the iris tour goes. We might be interested in doing that when we're on eclipse soon.

Latitude left the ship 2 days ago. New band is Solataire. I haven't heard them much. I will post how they are

Thank you. Please let us know what type of music they play and how popular they are judgeing by the attendance at their evening sets up in the Sky Lounge.