LIVE From the February 7th Eclipse

chamima

Hi Karen.

Regarding dining, I know that the MDR & buffet are complimentary. Are there any other complimentary dining options on board?

Thank you.

Yes, the pastries at Cafe al Bacio are free (there is a charge for the drinks there) and some of what is at the Aqua Spa Cafe is free (the for-charge items should be clearly marked). Also, there is a grill out by the pool with hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and self-serve ice cream that is free.

Actually none of this is really free - just included in the price you've already paid for your cruise! ;)

Karen - vinod is there - I asked for him and he came and introduced himself and asked who was asking and when you were coming- I didnt know your partners name or your surnames so could only say Karen. Blu is very very busy this year we have had to delay our eatingvtime to get in- after 8 is fine so we go to the show early and have a nice leisurely dinner! Al the waiters are so nice and the food amazing. We didnt eat there last time as we had friends in MDR but wouldnt go to MDR now after eating in Blu - off to the beach more later:)

Karen - vinod is there - I asked for him and he came and introduced himself and asked who was asking and when you were coming- I didnt know your partners name or your surnames so could only say Karen. Blu is very very busy this year we have had to delay our eatingvtime to get in- after 8 is fine so we go to the show early and have a nice leisurely dinner! Al the waiters are so nice and the food amazing. We didnt eat there last time as we had friends in MDR but wouldnt go to MDR now after eating in Blu - off to the beach more later:)

SO excited.

My husband's name is Allan. I'm a vegetarian and Allan is a vegan (who loves the indonesian food that the crew eats). This will be our third cruise with him. He'll know us!!! :D

As far as busy - every cruise is different. We've done B2Bs where the first cruise people liked to eat early and then the second was the opposite. Glad you figured out what works so early in the cruise.

SO excited.

My husband's name is Allan. I'm a vegetarian and Allan is a vegan (who loves the indonesian food that the crew eats). This will be our third cruise with him. He'll know us!!! :D

As far as busy - every cruise is different. We've done B2Bs where the first cruise people liked to eat early and then the second was the opposite. Glad you figured out what works so early in the cruise.

We are going on the Eclipse on the cruise following yours. How can you get the Indian or Indonesian food? Will they give you a menu? I would like it at night sometimes in the MDR, but only see some types in the buffet at lunch. Their vegetarian entries at night are usually pasta , but not very ethnic. At least that is what I recall from last years cruise.

Joe

Enjoying the post, thank you. Does the ship have the new internet or still this slow dial up?

We board on the 7th!!! :)

Celebrity Cruises Testing New Internet Initiative on Celebrity Reflection

Following sister brands Royal Caribbean International and Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises is testing a new high-speed Internet initiative in a pilot program onboard Celebrity Reflection. Details are few at this time, but according to a thread on the Cruise Critic boards, the program is tentatively titled Xcellerate.

Royal Caribbean announced the arrival of Voom, its high-speed Internet last year. Azamara Club Cruises is also getting faster Wi-Fi on its ships as they go into dry dock this year. All three cruise lines are part of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brand.

Celebrity Cruises Testing New Internet Initiative on Celebrity Reflection

Following sister brands Royal Caribbean International and Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises is testing a new high-speed Internet initiative in a pilot program onboard Celebrity Reflection. Details are few at this time, but according to a thread on the Cruise Critic boards, the program is tentatively titled Xcellerate.

Royal Caribbean announced the arrival of Voom, its high-speed Internet last year. Azamara Club Cruises is also getting faster Wi-Fi on its ships as they go into dry dock this year. All three cruise lines are part of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brand.

Hi the internet is very quick for somethings I created a link for this and it takes me right in but my emails take forever to down load. Ihave used half of my minutes so far! Aruba was great got a taxi easily and asked the taxi driver to take us ro a quiet beach - she showed us one and then for a small fee took us to eagle beach which was busier so went back to original. Man wanted $15 each person for a chair and sunshade. We tried to haggle and then he said we could have a chair for 6 if we used the public thatched shades - they were fine so that was good. Sea great beach quiet we stayed 4 hours which was plenty first day.

Taxi didnt come back but mo hassle plenty passing and we got back to ship safely. $13 to this beach for the taxi.

Today curacao. No rush. Obviously as overnighter-Mary the concierge chester is the best person to ask re nightlife.

Re indian food there is a section I think in the buffet but as we dont eat to spicy foods I am not sure.

Karen I will tell Vinod tonight - he isxso lovely and mad a tremendous fuss of us last night.

Loking forward to meeting all - where is sailaway mast or thebar at the back. For ours because there were so many we met at the back.

Tremendous nice crowd on board.

Hi the internet is very quick for somethings I created a link for this and it takes me right in but my emails take forever to down load. Ihave used half of my minutes so far! Aruba was great got a taxi easily and asked the taxi driver to take us ro a quiet beach - she showed us one and then for a small fee took us to eagle beach which was busier so went back to original. Man wanted $15 each person for a chair and sunshade. We tried to haggle and then he said we could have a chair for 6 if we used the public thatched shades - they were fine so that was good. Sea great beach quiet we stayed 4 hours which was plenty first day.

Taxi didnt come back but mo hassle plenty passing and we got back to ship safely. $13 to this beach for the taxi.

Today curacao. No rush. Obviously as overnighter-Mary the concierge chester is the best person to ask re nightlife.

Do you know what beach it was in Aruba that you went to?

Re indian food there is a section I think in the buffet but as we dont eat to spicy foods I am not sure.

Karen I will tell Vinod tonight - he isxso lovely and mad a tremendous fuss of us last night.

Loking forward to meeting all - where is sailaway mast or thebar at the back. For ours because there were so many we met at the back.

Tremendous nice crowd on board.

Do you know what the beach was that you ended up at?

There are always indian, mexican and Asian selections at the buffet. The stations are at the other side from the Pizza/Pasta area and they are all very good.

Hello Gordon,

I was on the Eclipse the last two seasons and was not impressed by their lunchtime buffet choices of Indian recipes. I was hoping the evening dining choices might have some good Indian, even if it was vegetarian.

See you on the Eclipse on the Feb 21 cruise.

Joe

Hello Gordon,

I was on the Eclipse the last two seasons and was not impressed by their lunchtime buffet choices of Indian recipes. I was hoping the evening dining choices might have some good Indian, even if it was vegetarian.

See you on the Eclipse on the Feb 21 cruise.

Joe

Hi Joe

We have been on the Eclipse 7 times over the past 4 years but most of our dinning was done in Blu. I don't remember any Indian dishes there.

Will be sailing on the Eclipse in April. Am a vegetarian and am wondering what food will be available. Is there a separate vegetarian menu in Blue and the MDR? I do enjoy dairy and eggs. But nothing that had parents! Thanks so much!

Yes, there is a vegetarian menu in both dining rooms.

You may need to ask for it, though , as some waiters don't seem to know it exists.

That is where I found the delicious Indian (or it might have been Indonesian) food.

We just got off the Reflection and always ordered our coffee room service and up to this week of holidays always got a pot with two regular cups. First day we got a pot of coffee for two and the rest of the week we were sent two paper cups with coffee. Has this service been changed. We were not impressed.

Jan - just read this.

Have you ordered room service coffee? This is SO classless! :mad:

Hi e dont have coffee - but had breakfast yesterday in room with china cups! Have seen people wandering aroundxwith paper cups! We had a fabulous day yesterday in Barbados on Silver Moon, lovely dinner in blu and a picnic on the lawn last night before we left Barbadosar midnight with latitude the shiips group. The two ships productionsxwe have seen have been truly amazing.

Sorry I cant help with the coffee. Dining in Qsine tonight. Still sad about Terry wogan for all the brits out there!