Port of Tampa closed

RAYMORRA

Onboard Carnival Paradise. We are docked at a cargo port outside of the channel. So far the port is closed to incoming vessels due to adverse weather conditions. It might be awhile as they are putting together some activities to keep us occupied while we wait.

Well, at least you'll get a bit more time aboard the beautiful fun ship "Paradise". I'll bet Steve, the C.D. will come up with some fun things for you to do while waiting for the port to open. Better safe than sorry, as there is a lot of wind blowing right now! :eek:

"SKY"

Onboard Carnival Paradise. We are docked at a cargo port outside of the channel. So far the port is closed to incoming vessels due to adverse weather conditions. It might be awhile as they are putting together some activities to keep us occupied while we wait.

I am assuming it is fog?

Most likely due to the wind. There is a wind advisory until 7pm here in Fort Myers it is blowing about 30mph with gusts.

Good grief, with the winds here, a fog wouldn't have a chance staying put:) With the temperatures here in the 50's, I doubt too many are out on deck

Just took a look at the Tampa Web Cam, and "Paradise" is still at the cargo pier. Wind here, about 40 miles East of Tampa is REALLY gusting. I can certainly understand why they don't want to put the ship in peril by putting her in that narrow channel to get to the regular pier. ;)

"SKY"

We are on the Paradise next Thursday sailing to Coz and I was checking temps/water temps in Coz and noticed it said the port was closed to all vessels and water activities in Coz also...saw this thread and thought oh goodness I hope it calms down before we board on Thursday! ;) This is going to be awful for those who had flights leaving early....

I live in the Tampa Bay are and it is indeed WINDY and cool today. I'm not sure if the Paradise was held up by rough seas or fog but here is a pic of the Skyway Bridge in foggy conditions.

1453571597215.jpg.830060ee8622b4d40f6aa9cf9d09ea3b.jpg

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

From Carnival PR:

Today’s scheduled arrival of the Carnival Paradise at the Port of Tampa has been delayed given the current weather and sea conditions.

However, the vessel was able to dock at a cargo pier where it will remain until weather conditions improve and it can proceed to the cruise terminal. Guests departing on today’s voyage have been notified of the current situation and have been asked to delay their arrival to the cruise terminal until further notice.

It's nasty outside today. We Floridians are freezing! Not used to this. When you have to wear socks with your sandals, that's COLD!!!

BRRRRRRR!

If you want I can post a picture of what nasty is here, just so you can put it in perspective.....

It's nasty outside today. We Floridians are freezing! Not used to this. When you have to wear socks with your sandals, that's COLD!!!

BRRRRRRR!

I'm sorry I cannot sympathize with you. We are in the middle of a BLIZZARD up here in the Northeast.:D:D:D

I will gladly switch with you.:D;)

If you want I can post a picture of what nasty is here, just so you can put it in perspective.....

So many of us that live here remember those days;);) Today has been our coldest in a long long time. We've brought out our old northern clothes to wear. Don't forget we have killer summers here, we really feel the cold effects.

What's going on there is all over every tv station.

So many of us that live here remember those days;);) Today has been our coldest in a long long time. We've brought out our old northern clothes to wear. Don't forget we have killer summers here, we really feel the cold effects.

What's going on there is all over every tv station.

We were down in your neck of the woods last weekend. Saturday was nice, downhill from there (what the heck is up with the tornados???)

Edited by jimbo5544