Norwegian Cruise Line to Move Getaway to Europe, Jade to U.K.

LauraS

Someone needs to tell either NCL or Cruise Critic's editorial staff that Copenhagen is in Denmark, not Germany.

Apparently the Getaway will be cruising from Copenhagen, but the article says it will be based in Germany.

you can book that cruise start/end in Warnemuende (Germany)

that maybe got them confused. On the NCL Website it's correct

no, it's gonna be the Getaway doing the Baltic.

The Jade will do Norway, Island but she is not going out of Copenhagen

We want to do the North Cape cruise of Norway that the Star once did, probably in 2017 or 18. I suppose it will be out of Southampton or Amsterdam?

We want to do the North Cape cruise of Norway that the Star once did, probably in 2017 or 18. I suppose it will be out of Southampton or Amsterdam?

Hamburg, on the Jade. From memory, the North Cape itinerary doesn't include Southampton.

Amsterdam embarkation is only on the mainland Europe itineraries (the 7 day trip with variations that goes to Le Havre and Zebrugge).

Edited by KeithJenner

For those who are asking about itinerary details, this is something I posted on another thread a week or so ago.

It is based on the press releases, so I'm sure that people with easy access to the itineraries on the website can do a better job, but it gives an idea.

Where Southampton and Amsterdam are included in two consecutive cruises I assume they will be embarkation ports for that cruise.

Jade:

14th May, 21st May, 28th May

Hamburg, Amsterdam, Zebrugge, Le Harve, Southampton, Hamburg (7 nights)

4th June, 13th June

Hamburg, Alesund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Flam, Bergan, Southampton, Hamburg (9 nights)

22 June, 4th July

Hamburg, Alesund, Hellesylyt, Geiranger, Trondheim, Leknes, Tromso, Honningsvag, Bergen, Hamburg (12 nights)

16th July

Hamburg, Bergen, Alesund, Lerwick, Akureyri, Rakjavik, Kirkwall, Inverness, Edinburgh, Hamburg (14 nights)

30th July, 9th August

Hamburg, Allsund, Hellesylt, Geringer, Flam, Bergen, Orkney Isles, Southampton, Hamburg (10 nights)

19th August, 26th August, 2nd Sept, 9th Sept, 16th Sept, 23rd Sept

Hamburg, Amsterdam, Zebrugge, Le Harve, Southampton, Hamburg (7 nights)

30th Sept, 9th Oct

Hamburg, Amsterdam, Zebrugge, Le Harve, Portland, Brest, Southampton, Hamburg (9 nights).

Where Southampton is included on an itinerary, embarkation should be available 2 days before the Hamburg date. I'm not sure about Amsterdam. I've probably got the order of the ports wrong in some cases.

I called this morning and, although they are booking the Southampton 7 day Western European cruises, they are not yet booking the Southampton Norwegian Fjord cruises.

Thank you for posting those itineraries. At least now I can know what the start and end date will be.

Ha ha good one!! :)

I want prices in GBP. I would rather know what the actual cost to me will be rather than nervously watching the exchange rates rise and fall to final payment.

Count on being ripped off.. :mad:

Cross posting: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49106032&postcount=15

I've just noticed something quite significant.

The cruises which have been uploaded on the .eu site are different from the details in the UK press release.

In that release, it says that there is a 10 day Norway cruise leaving Southampton on August 7th. However, if you look at the Hamburg departure during this time, the 30th July cruise visits Southampton first according to the .eu site. This basically rules out any possibility of Southampton departures to Norway during the Summer holidays.

I really hope the .eu itineraries are wrong, as the ability to go to Norway was the thing that was interesting me about this news.

Looks like we may be flying to Hamburg twice next year if we stick with NCL cruises.

Just following up on my last post. I had noticed on the UK website that they were going to offer a four day Southampton, Hamburg, Southampton trip. I saw an advert online where they seemed to be advertising it as an introduction to cruising. I don't think it was mentioned in the previous press release.

It looks to me as if, after the initial announcement, someone has decided to alter the itineraries to provide this option. It probably sounded like a good idea, but it does mean that it has ruled two full cruises during the British summer holidays out of Southampton disembarkation.

I had planned to go on the Jade twice next year. As far as I can see, it is impossible to do them both out of Southampton during holidays. In fact, if we want to go to Norway then we won't be boarding at Southampton at all.

NCL really do know how to screw this stuff up don't they.

I am still waiting for my notification email from NCL about today's releases, which I subscribed to via the .eu site.. Fail!

I'm waiting for my PCC to contact me with prices for the 7th August Southampton departure. :)

It will be interesting to see what options she comes up with for me. Perhaps we could just do the Southampton to Hamburg 4 night round trip.

Arg! I really don't want to get on and off in Hamburg!

It is incredibly frustrating.

I've never been too bothered about sailing out of the U.K. and flying is not a major issue, but NCL have made this announcement and I was starting to consider the benefits of just jumping on the train.

I really want to do Norway and that was the thing which was most likely to draw me away from NCL before they made this announcement as they usually go in June when we can't travel. However, now they have dangled the carrot of sailing from Southampton and seemingly pulled it away again now, I will be looking at alternatives tonight.

If I could book the 7th of August out of Southampton I would do it today. Now there is a pretty good chance that booking will be with another company.

Actually, looking further, the previous cruise (on the 16th July) doesn't visit Southampton, so that can't be when they are doing the 4 night cruise I had seen advertised. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason why they have moved the Southampton stop on the 30th July cruise. Hopefully it is just another NCL website cock up, but I doubt it. The US site has the same details.

We shall wait and see I suppose.

Edited by KeithJenner

I remain optimistic that they will allow you to board in Southampton on June 2nd during the Western Europe cruise (2nd last day) and then disembark in Southampton on June 11th during the Fjord cruise (2nd last day). This would make the NCL UK News Release honest re: the 9 day Fjord cruise to/from Southampton.

I remain optimistic that they will allow you to board in Southampton on June 2nd during the Western Europe cruise (2nd last day) and then disembark in Southampton on June 11th during the Fjord cruise (2nd last day). This would make the NCL UK News Release honest re: the 9 day Fjord cruise to/from Southampton.

Yes, I imagine you will be able to do that.

It is just the part which is relevant for people from the UK who want to travel during the summer holidays that it has been messed up.

I wondered about Stockholm.

I would recommend avoiding any cruise which stops at Nynashamn. Not only is it a comparatively long journey into the city, but you miss the sail through the Archipelago which is one of the highlights of a Baltic Cruise.

some news to this? on the german page they write only Stockholm, on the us page Nynashamn

So I've taken a look and pretty much all of May, June, July, August, September, and October of 2017 is now planned out and posted for the Jade on either the .com or .eu site. Based on what is provided, only June 3rd and after October 18th remain unscheduled.

According to the NCL UK News Release (http://www.ncl.co.uk/summer-2017-europe/) there are three cruise itineraries with Southampton as the home port: a 7N Western Europe, a 9N Fjord, and a 4N Mini-Cruise between Southampton and Hamburg. The 7N Western Europe have been posted and they occur in May and August, and September. NCL has also added a 9N Western Europe cruise in September and October. For some reason the 9N Fjord and the 4N Mini have not been posted.

Based on the posted schedule, the Jade is only going to the Fjords in June and August. During the relevant period, the Jade docs in Southampton on June 2nd, June 11th, June 20th, August 1st, and August 17th. As such, the only possible way to schedule a 9N Fjord to/from Southampton is to schedule it as the June 2nd - June 11th cruise, a June 11th to June 20th cruise, or to schedule it after October 18th.