Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnicle Drink Package Discounts?

99florida

On an RCCL Facebook page people are saying that some ships are trying the discount over as a perk to the above status levels.

Can anyone confirm if this is fleet wide or to be soon?

Some are stating 20% off Diamond, 30% off Diamond Plus, and 40% off Pinnicle with the big all inclusive drink packages.

If this is true, it would be a good perk and an incentive to reach these status levels.

On an RCCL Facebook page people are saying that some ships are trying the discount over as a perk to the above status levels.

Can anyone confirm if this is fleet wide or to be soon?

Some are stating 20% off Diamond, 30% off Diamond Plus, and 40% off Pinnicle with the big all inclusive drink packages.

If this is true, it would be a good perk and an incentive to reach these status levels.

On the Facebook page some nut posted that he knew an authority in Miami that guaranteed ALL ships would have the discount by December 31st. Granted he didn't say WHAT YEAR, but still he didn't know what he was talking about, and was obviously making things up.

On the Facebook page some nut posted that he knew an authority in Miami that guaranteed ALL ships would have the discount by December 31st. Granted he didn't say WHAT YEAR, but still he didn't know what he was talking about, and was obviously making things up.

That never happens on the Internet - we can trust EVERYTHING we read (just kidding of course).

:p

This would not be a wise investment for me unless there are several sea days. With the daily lounge access and 3 drink nightly bar drinks, it is more likely that I would limit my daily drinks to bargain prices ashore. I don't know how anyone could possibly consume that much alcohol on b2b and lengthy TA sailings to obtain their money's worth.

Serenade had 20% off for D+/PC on the Dec. 23, 2015 cruise

Thanks for the info and we are actually sailing on the Serenade in March. This might entice us to purchase as $600 x 2 = a lot of $$$ so 20% does help that bill.

Who or where do you go to inquire if it's available?

Just wondering if you show your card that shows your status level to any bar tender and purchase there......:)

On the SR repo cruise last October from Canada to FLL, I bought a discounted premium package. They were only offered when there were 4 days left in the cruise. As D+ I got 30% off, including the gratuity, I only paid $178 for 4 days. I'm not sure if the discounted package is offered at the beginning of a cruise. It only makes sense to only offer the discounted package when there's the minimum number of nights left, kind of like a last chance fire sale...

Is there any discount for suite? Do any of these discounts show before boarding, or would it pay to wait till we board, I am also diamond. In the past I bought package early.

I've not seen any discounts for suite guests yet. However, when the new suite perks go into effect later this year, guests in Star Class suites on Oasis and Quantum class will get free Ultimate beverage packages.

Currently, discounted packages for C&A members are only available for onboard purchase.

Are the discounts reported limited to diamond and higher? Anyone heard whether Platinum is also included?

Yes, I've read reports that Platinum was getting a discount too, though a smaller discount than Diamond.