Lithium Ion batteries ok on Disney Cruise Line?

dcdozer

Hi all,

I recently quit smoking using e-cigarettes, and I was wondering about Disney Cruise Lines policies around bringing li-ion batteries on-board. TSA allows these batteries in carry-on baggage, but they can't be in checked baggage. I've seen posts where it looks like DCL allows electronic cigarettes on the ships, but does anyone know about their acceptance of these batteries?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I recently quit smoking using e-cigarettes, and I was wondering about Disney Cruise Lines policies around bringing li-ion batteries on-board. TSA allows these batteries in carry-on baggage, but they can't be in checked baggage. I've seen posts where it looks like DCL allows electronic cigarettes on the ships, but does anyone know about their acceptance of these batteries?

Thanks!

I don't know that there are any specific batteries that are allowed or not allowed on DCL.

The danger with Li-ion batteries is only in non-pressurized conditions (they can catch/start fire). Passenger compartments on US airlines are maintained at pressure of 8,000 ft above sea level, and that is enough to keep the Li-ion batteries safe (and your eardrums intact).

There would be no reason for a cruiseline to ban these batteries. E-cigs are restricted in public areas on cruiseships however 'real' cigarettes are -- HAL for one at least in 2014 stated, this is because "they appear to be cigarettes!" and other passengers would be confused.

Edited by crystalspin

The danger with Li-ion batteries is only in non-pressurized conditions (they can catch/start fire). Passenger compartments on US airlines are maintained at pressure of 8,000 ft above sea level, and that is enough to keep the Li-ion batteries safe (and your eardrums intact).

There would be no reason for a cruiseline to ban these batteries. E-cigs are restricted in public areas on cruiseships however 'real' cigarettes are -- HAL for one at least in 2014 stated, this is because "they appear to be cigarettes!" and other passengers would be confused.

If they banned Li-ion batteries they would have to ban cell phones and tablets etc etc because it is my understanding that they use Li-ion cells. Airlines can restrict them for example I will be flying Cathay Pacific and they allow 20 'spare' batteries to be carried aboard.