Beware- look under the sheets!

Fleuve51

Just got off the constellation.

Found the bathroom smelled. While waiting for someone to clean the grout and pour bleach down the drains,

I decided to look at the mattress pad.

Disgusting!!

It was covered in dried blood and big telly urine stains and lots of dark hair!

I went down to speak to someone in authority to change rooms.

This was done immediately,even though they claimed they were full

Look under the sheets before you unpack

Also check out the grout.

Then hopefully, you will sleep better.

You are absolutely right.

I also check for bed bugs.

The staff are in such a hurry to change over the rooms for the next passengers, that they don't clean well either.

I found a pair of glasses under the bed and the carpets and phone dirty.

There is an auto correct in my first post-- it's yellow not telly!

I guess it would be the stewards fault.?

They are in a rush and I presume they hope ,no one checks.

We winter in a high end beach resort and one day last year ,I decided to look under the sheets.

Same situation as described above, but it was the mattress.

It was replaced with a new one that day, after I brought it to the managements attention .

Now, I just look as soon as I enter any public place.

Hmm....I assumed the mattress pad was changed between guests. Silly me! I'll be looking more carefully from now on. i thought we were being careful. On our last cruise, we spent a night in a hotel and when I turned down the sheets there was a pair of men's underwear between the sheets. They did not get stuck in there and go through the laundry that way. Those of us who do laundry know the difference. AND, if the bed had been made properly the room attendant would have noticed it. They were very apologetic and came and changed the bedding.

I will add that to my list! I always check for bed bugs and bring Lysol wipes with me and wipe down the room ( especially the remote, light switches and door handles!). My husband thinks I'm a lunatic, but better safe then sorry! I have been in suites before and it was very obvious that the shelving on the wet bar area hadn't been dusted in quite awhile, so I can just imagine what else was skipped that you can't see with the naked eye!

I will add that to my list! I always check for bed bugs and bring Lysol wipes with me and wipe down the room ( especially the remote, light switches and door handles!). My husband thinks I'm a lunatic, but better safe then sorry! I have been in suites before and it was very obvious that the shelving on the wet bar area hadn't been dusted in quite awhile, so I can just imagine what else was skipped that you can't see with the naked eye!

before we got moved our first cabin on the Constellation had fingerprints all over the coffee table, dust all over the counter and so much sea spray on the window you couldn't see out of it !

Hmm....I assumed the mattress pad was changed between guests. Silly me! I'll be looking more carefully from now on. i thought we were being careful. On our last cruise, we spent a night in a hotel and when I turned down the sheets there was a pair of men's underwear between the sheets. They did not get stuck in there and go through the laundry that way. Those of us who do laundry know the difference. AND, if the bed had been made properly the room attendant would have noticed it. They were very apologetic and came and changed the bedding.

Ick!! That means they didn't change the sheets between guests. That is just gross beyond belief.

Not on Celebrity, but our sheets on our last cruise had blood stains on them....not fresh but yuk nonetheless. I was bitten like crazy all over my legs and was looking to see if it was bed bugs I found the blood stained sheet. Never have I experienced this on Celebrity and hope I never do. Once I found that, everything just felt dirty to me. The underwear would have flipped me out!! :eek:

I don't know how common this is. Countless times we've come back to our cabin when the bed has been stripped and the mattress cover has been clean. Not discounting the OP, just saying that this probably isn't a regular occurrence.

I usually request an egg create pad upon first meeting my cabin steward. Let's hope it's in better condition than the mattress pad. :eek:

The idea of a foam egg crate pad that can't be easily washed seems problematic to me :rolleyes:. I see so many threads where people ask for these but I've found the mattresses comfortable enough, at least a mattress pad or cover can be washed and dried but I doubt those egg crate things ever are.

I was the one who posted this thread.

The supervisor came to see why I had a complaint ,and confirmed that the pad was filthy, stained, and unacceptable .

A report was made against to person who cleaned the room.

Check out the shower grout- very grimy and discoloured , even in the room that were given after I complained.

I had them scrub it with bleach.

Call me fussy, but I expect cleanliness.

But thanks for the thread a good reminder. I agree check the room, every thing....... I have found similar stuff in 3-5 star hotels. However, it is the room stewards fault(I hope) and it might be a cultural difference in what is acceptable. However, his/her supervisor has not been doing their job either.

Speaking of mold, on a Monarch cruise we entered the cabin and I immediately smelled mold, reported it, they searched, nothing but the intermittent smell. Anyway while taking a shower, I some how had to handle the flexible water hose and there it was, totally covered with mold, well on the under side anyway. I showed it to the room Steward who showed it to his supervisor, room steward was new that cruise and they check other cabins from the same departing employee and found many issues.

Edited by north29