FLL Airport Baggage Claim

gvgseg

My family is taking a red-eye into FLL arriving this Saturday morning at 5:45am for our Saturday cruise. (realizing now that this will probably not make for a pleasant first day onboard, but hindsight is 20-20 :rolleyes:)

Since we're arriving so early, my plan was to just kill a few hours at the airport until we leave for Port Everglades at about 10:00.

Unfortunately, I am going to have a suitcase that will need to be checked in. Is there any way for me to retrieve my bag while having the rest of my party stay in the secure area and then going back through security to meet them. Is that possible without having a boarding pass for another flight?

I'd have to be able to temporarily store the bag somewhere since I wouldn't be able to take it through security. I saw BagsToGo but they aren't open until 9am.

Unfortunately, I wish I had realized this more than the day before I leave. :mad:

My family is taking a red-eye into FLL arriving this Saturday morning at 5:45am for our Saturday cruise. (realizing now that this will probably not make for a pleasant first day onboard, but hindsight is 20-20 :rolleyes:)

Since we're arriving so early, my plan was to just kill a few hours at the airport until we leave for Port Everglades at about 10:00.

Unfortunately, I am going to have a suitcase that will need to be checked in. Is there any way for me to retrieve my bag while having the rest of my party stay in the secure area and then going back through security to meet them. Is that possible without having a boarding pass for another flight?

I'd have to be able to temporarily store the bag somewhere since I wouldn't be able to take it through security. I saw BagsToGo but they aren't open until 9am.

Unfortunately, I wish I had realized this more than the day before I leave. :mad:

We flew a red eye in March and arrived at a similar time. We took a cab to a local restaurant (Joe's). It was about $10-12. They didn't blink when 6 of us dragged in cruise luggage. After a VERY long breakfast we walked to the Publix in the same complex and got some wine and snacks. We killed some more time sitting at their outside tables so we were out of their way. Then another $10 cab to the port. We were able to drop the bags with the porter then sit outside and wait for them to start allowing passengers in.

Joe's would be much better than just waiting at the airport.

We flew a red eye in March and arrived at a similar time. We took a cab to a local restaurant (Joe's). It was about $10-12. They didn't blink when 6 of us dragged in cruise luggage. After a VERY long breakfast we walked to the Publix in the same complex and got some wine and snacks. We killed some more time sitting at their outside tables so we were out of their way. Then another $10 cab to the port. We were able to drop the bags with the porter then sit outside and wait for them to start allowing passengers in.

Joe's would be much better than just waiting at the airport.

Anywhere would be better than spending time at FLL :eek:

Or reserve a cheap room near the airport for Friday night - let them know you will not check in until about 6:00 on Saturday. Ask for late check-out when you check-in. Breakfast, shower, nap, maybe a dip in the pool. check out about 1-1:30 and taxi to the port.

Roadway Inn is likely the cheapest airport hotel you will find near FLL. It will serve your purposes for a few hours.