Follow up on my PITA issue on the Escape

SuiteCruiser

she never said she was suing Ncl you're making such a dramatic statement That is totally unwarranted. That's How things get so twisted

How do you think she is going to get anything from NCL? As the OP as said they are not willing to do anything for her.

I wrote them back saying I would like to speak to someone who can escalate it for me among other things.

Trying to remain civil and yet let them know that this isn't working for me.

I also called and left yet another message and will send a certified letter next time we're in the States.

Keep in mind that if you do hire an attorney to contact NCL on your behalf (which is a very poor idea IMO), you're taking yourself out of the customer service arena and into the far more unpleasant world of the legal department.

Their job is to make sure you get as little out of the company as possible. Preferably nothing. If you think you have it bad now...

Anyone read the story about Jim Hausman from Springfield, Ill. He got caught in an automatic door on the RCL and a jury awarded him 21 million dollars. And he was able to walk off the ship. Don't be afraid of these cruise lines.

That's probably why the ticket contract specifically removes your right to sue, and replaces it with mediation.

Anyone read the story about Jim Hausman from Springfield, Ill. He got caught in an automatic door on the RCL and a jury awarded him 21 million dollars. And he was able to walk off the ship. Don't be afraid of these cruise lines.

I thought it was Holland American Cruise line

Harriet

Sounds like you don't really know anything about that case. It was thrown out because Hausman is a little weasel and deleted a ton of incriminating emails that showed that he faked his injuries. He's not going to get a penny.

Sounds like you don't really know anything about that case. It was thrown out because Hausman is a little weasel and deleted a ton of incriminating emails that showed that he faked his injuries. He's not going to get a penny.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/10/31/holland-america-cruise-door-injury/74928448/

Not necessarily true. I read the original court case, and he actually does have a claim for direct medical and probably some pain and suffering. He DID document a malfunctioning door that apparently had been that way for a period of time without warning signs or repair. They didn't even contest that. What was thrown out was the amount of damages based on his false claims.

If he had just claimed actual medical outlay and a reasonable compensatory amount he probably would have gotten a settlement quickly.

Yep, Loonbeam linked the article that explains why he's not going to get a single cent.

Not necessarily true. I read the original court case, and he actually does have a claim for direct medical and probably some pain and suffering. He DID document a malfunctioning door that apparently had been that way for a period of time without warning signs or repair. They didn't even contest that. What was thrown out was the amount of damages based on his false claims.

If he had just claimed actual medical outlay and a reasonable compensatory amount he probably would have gotten a settlement quickly.

I was specifically referring to the amount he was awarded. He will not get a cent of it.

Any way you cut it, he purposefully lied in hopes of getting a larger settlement. The man is a piece of garbage.

I wrote them back saying I would like to speak to someone who can escalate it for me among other things.

Trying to remain civil and yet let them know that this isn't working for me.

I also called and left yet another message and will send a certified letter next time we're in the States.

Spring for Priority Mail Express with a return receipt.

I am also a USPS employee........it will cost 22.50$ for the flat rate envelope and 2.80$ for the return receipt

I have seen just regular certified letters getting lost.

At least with express it is guaranteed or your money back.

Good luck

Spring for Priority Mail Express with a return receipt.

I am also a USPS employee........it will cost 22.50$ for the flat rate envelope and 2.80$ for the return receipt

I have seen just regular certified letters getting lost.

At least with express it is guaranteed or your money back.

Good luck

Thanks!!

Well you are quite the expert. A forthcoming retrial will tell how many pennies he will get.

Well you are quite the expert. A forthcoming retrial will tell how many pennies he will get.

You're the second person to misinterpret my comments. I referred to the much ballyhooed $21 million, which he will not get a cent of. As regards to the retrial, who knows what will happen in the crapshoot that is the American legal system.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi suitecruiser.....I saw your post on another thread and wanted to ask what game did you hit the $1900 HP while cruising the Escape. I am on in two weeks and want to try some slots. Thanks in advance...

Hi Tony, I hit it on a QuickHits Penny machine, playing max bet, so $1.50 per spin I believe. It's the machine bank along the starboard wall about half way back. If you're on the Escape March 12-19th, you may need to push me out of the way :) I play mostly tables, but hit the machines occasionally.