Tendering on West & East Carribean Itineraries

Newbury newbie

Where are you going? Belize and Grand Cayman are always tender ports, but you didn't mention which ports you're visiting, so there may be others too.

Karen, it's all in the title! But to list - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Coco Cay, San Juan, Charlotte Amelie and St Marrten.

We are doing the same 2 weeks and yes these 2 are the only ones we are tendering at! 😊

My friends had a last minute tendering in St. Thomas. We had a last minute dock change to a place looking like an old shipyard.

Definite tendering in Coco Cay and Grand Cayman.

My friends had a last minute tendering in St. Thomas. We had a last minute dock change to a place looking like an old shipyard.

Definite tendering in Coco Cay and Grand Cayman.

We have tendered at st Thomas before so I guess it's always possible...

Yes Mr T - 3 weeks before us! Jealous that you're going sooner but will end up thankful that we're back later!!

;););):):):)

Yes I'll be back at work & the cold when your getting ready to go [emoji35][emoji23]

We have tendered at st Thomas before so I guess it's always possible...

It is rare, but it happens. St Thomas has two major cruise ports (that can handle a lot of ships), but if all the pier space is taken then a ship might find itself having to tender. Personally, we have developed a near hatred for St Thomas. Years ago it was a charming island with decent shopping, quiet beaches, etc. Now, it is often a cruise ship traffic jam (with over 20,000 cruisers on some days). Most of the decent shops are long gone replaced with the usual Diamonds International, Tanaznite International, Royal Caribbean, etc. which are stores that cater to cruise ship passengers (many of whom have never figured out why these stores cater to only cruise ship passengers). Many of the most popular beaches (like Magans Bay, Coki Beach, etc) are often overun with with cruisers. Although DW and moi will still usually go to a favorite St Thomas Beach (not one of the major ones favored by fellow cruisers) there are sometimes when it just makes more sense to spend a nice quiet day aboard the ship :).

One reason (among several) that we really like the 14 day Celebrity itinerary (on the Eclipse) is because it now totally bypasses St Thomas. We do not always agree with the powers that run cruise lines, but when Celebrity decided to bypass St Thomas on this popular cruise....we wanted to shout "hooray."

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I'll be doing a B2B on Reflection end of March/start of April. Which ports on these itineraries will be tendered? Or does it change by the week?

If you go onto the Celebrity site and look up your cruise, it will tell you exactly what ports or tendered. Also, the paperwork that you got from the cruise line which shows your itinerary should also show you.

DON

Don't get your hopes up on particular ports that have tenders, because you may not see them. Been trying to get to Coco Cay the last couple of cruises but it has been cancelled each time due to weather. We almost missed Grand Caymen a couple weeks ago as well. After anchoring, captain waited almost an hour for seas to calm before giving the all clear to go ashore, though missing Grand Caymen would not have disappointed us as much as missing Coco Cay.