cagneys/Moderno changes

mrobstad

Its too bad that pizza is gone rom Cucina. The sausage pizza was to die for! And, it was not available anywhere else. Oh well.....

Pizza was on the new menu. Just got off the Gem Feb 1. Menus said Fleet wide with a Dec 2015 date.

Are you still onboard? If so then please take a picture of the menu so we can see if they are the same as the Escape ones.

Sorry we were on the Jan 22-Feb 1 cruise. Menus were a little different from the Escape as I answered some others.

Lamb Chops were in Le Bistro, pizza in Cucina and instead of Prime a Rib as a surcharge in the MDR it was an enormous steak as a choice. Prime rib was served as a choice the last evening in the MDR.

Edited by jjikids

Pizza was on the new menu. Just got off the Gem Feb 1. Menus said Fleet wide with a Dec 2015 date.

It sounds like you may have had some sort of temporary menus. Some people have suggested that there has been what is basically the old menus with a la carte pricing added.

I just looked at the Norwegian Edge press release and the Gem is due to get the new menus on the 1st of April.

These temporary menus do seem to be muddying the waters when it comes to determining whether the new ones are the same as on the Escape.

Edited by KeithJenner

Does anyone know if the Spirit is currently using the new menus? Still trying to find out if they have made the changes. Really trying to find out if the crab cakes, lobster bisque, & oyster rockafeller (sp) are back along with a few other favorites. TIA

New menus might depend on the ship. Was on the Breakaway 1/17 - 1/31 expecting the new menus we'd had on the Escape in Dec. but the specialty restaurants still had the old menus. One of our servers volunteered that the new menus for the Breakaway would start with the 1/31 cruise.

New menus might depend on the ship. Was on the Breakaway 1/17 - 1/31 expecting the new menus we'd had on the Escape in Dec. but the specialty restaurants still had the old menus. One of our servers volunteered that the new menus for the Breakaway would start with the 1/31 cruise.

Yes, they are being introduced into different ships at different times.

With alacarte pricing, it's going to cost three times the price to eat in those

Specialty restaurants. I would assume passengers will pass on them.

Not true in all cases. If I order what I normally order in Cagney's (salad, small filet and baked potato), it will be less then what the fixed price was.

Not true in all cases. If I order what I normally order in Cagney's (salad, small filet and baked potato), it will be less then what the fixed price was.

Yes, when I ate there my bill would have been exactly$30. I skipped desert, so it would have been a few dollars more than the old price, but nothing even close to "three times as much".

What my wife has ordered the last couple of time would cost just under the $30.

If anyone really would spend three times more than the old gee then I'd suggest just getting a three meal SDP so they can then compensate by having an extra two meals for less than the a la carte cost.

The only problem with that is that it reduces the opportunity to make wild claims on here. :)

Surely you are exaggerating. It may or may not cost more but not by 3 times. And you could still buy the SDP or pick it as a promo and you won't be paying a la carte anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's bad math. In Cagney's, my husband and I had 3 apps each, 3 sides each, entrees (the most expensive ones listed), and dessert.s. Our bill was double what it would have been with cover. I don't know how we could have hit triple.

Perhaps if we'd each gotten more than one entree? Well, there's always been a charge for that above the cover charge anyway, so even that math doesn't work.

Edited by LrgPizza

How does being a la carte affect UDP ? We chose the UDP option, booked before it changed to SDP, so we can eat in the speciality restaurants as often as we want. Do we pay over and above this for the a la carte restaurants ?

Not for Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina.

i just got off the BA, and had dinner at Cagneys last night. i asked the server what were changes. ....heres a few....

pea soup replaced with lobster bisque and crab cakes are added to the appetizers. Veal shank, prime rib and pork chops added. Waitness said veal was her new favorite. The shrimp cocktail this past week came with 3 instead of 4. I ordered 8 pieces, but with a la carte beginning today, thats no longer an option.

In Moderno, salad bar changed while on cruise, offering only cheddar as a cheese choice at the salad bar. NCL is adding filet wrapped in bacon and i think swordfish and a few other choices.

The shrimp cocktail has been 3 for well over a year. So I just order 2.

on my Jan 7 cruise, i ordered eight....those days, sadly, are over[emoji22]

Although if you get the SDP then you can still order more.

Looking on the Escape menu, it is actually called a Shrimp Trio, so at least there should be no doubt how many you get.

That's bad math. In Cagney's, my husband and I had 3 apps each, 3 sides each, entrees (the most expensive ones listed), and dessert.s. Our bill was double what it would have been with cover. I don't know how we could have hit triple.

Perhaps if we'd each gotten more than one entree? Well, there's always been a charge for that above the cover charge anyway, so even that math doesn't work.

I'm being sarcastic. The point I'm trying to make is, you will not get a nice meal for $30. I think people will stay away from those restaurants. Look at Ocean Blue. On my cruise, no one was ever in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk