Fun and Interesting Cruise Cocktails

breezy1200

Hello all,

I am posting this on the celebrity forum because Celebrity is our cruise line of choice and I am interested in the opinions of my potential cruisemates.

I'm not talking beer, wine, Jack and Coke, pina coladas, strawberry daquiries or mojitos. Please share ideas for fun and new cocktails. Go!

On the Eclipse, the bar tender at the Martini Bar would come up with tha best drinks! I told him what flavors I liked and let him create. One of my favorites was a cucumber martini. He cut cucumbers on a mandolin and lined the entire glass with wafer thin cucumbers! Beautiful and went down so smoothly!

I had a few cocktails in the Gastrobar that were delicious. The creative cocktails there emphasize fresh juices more than alcohol - a plus for me. I had the premium drink package (they were $9 I think) so I liked their being less strong yet absolutely delicious.

Beth

The pomegranate mojito is a nice twist on an old classic.

We also enjoyed trying various cocktails at the Martini Bar - I loved the Cherry Lane, the Blue Martini and the Pomegranate Martini (love pomegranate cocktails).

There is a cocktail that they make in the Martini bar that tastes of Toffee Apple - I can't recall it's name but it is fantastic ! You can't have too many of them though as it is quite sweet and becomes a bit sickly after 6 or 7 ;)

"Laff in The Dark"

- Grenadine

- Lemonade

- Tanqueray No. 10 Gin

- Titos Vodka

And my favorite which is a Melon Mojito

- Melon Bacardi (only available at the pool bars)

- Mint

- Lime

- Simple Sugar

- Soda water.

Enjoy :)

Those all sound wonderful! I am now making a list...:)

I am now drooling...not a big drinker but love trying new things...Enjoyed the Melon drink on last cruise, thought it was just fruity and had a couple...Blaimed the headache later on the sun!

Got to try a banana split martini..

Thanks Breezy1200, great idea for a post.

One of my all times favs was on Silhouette at the martini bar. Banana split martini. It went down really smoth :D

I second the Banana Split Martini. Skip dessert in the MDR and have one of these. Yum!!

On our first cruise, they had a Pineapple Ginger Mojito. It was great. Can't seem to find a bartender that can make it now. So good!

Sol Y Sombra drink recipe made with Brandy,Sambuca,.

How to make a Sol Y Sombra with all the instructions and ingredients.

Recipe Rating: 5.0 stars based on 4 votes

Ingredients to use:

1.5 oz Brandy

1.5 oz Sambuca

Directions:

Shake ingredients with ice, strain into a brandy snifter, and serve.

The drink's name comes from the Spanish words for sun and shade and refers to different types of seats one can purchase at bullfights. When purchasing bullfighting tickets you can purchase tickets based on sun and shade. The cheap seats are Sol, and are in the full sun, whereas the most expensive seats are Sombra and are fully shaded. A Sol y Sombra ticket has some shade and some sun throughout the day. As the drink is a combination of the dark brandy (sombra) and the Sambuca (sol) we get the name Sol y Sombra.

Try it. (Within Classic Package).