Lengthy Gem Review: 1/22/16-2/1/16

dshefter

This was our 7th cruise, 4th cruise with NCL ,I can honestly say my wife and I were so happy to get off that ship.That group of obnoxious, no class people made our trip a nightmare.We could not tolerate the way they treated that wonderful crew and fellow passengers.We had a cruise booked with NCL for May 2016, we cancelled it 2 hours after we got home...NCL has no regard for it's passengers and crew.

This may seem a bit harsh but it is the only way NCL will get the message!

I suggest that all that were on this cruise submit a complaint to NCL:

http://www.ncl.com/case-submission

I submitted my report and suggested that NCL ban this group in the future from cruising on all NCL ships.

I described the events that took place on the ship and indicated that the fantastic GEM crew and passengers and their children and grandchildren were continually harrassed throughout the cruise.

I also suggested that if the Captain sent more people off sooner it would set an example and perhaps their behaviour would have changed earlier during the cruise (but I doubt it).

I also let them know that many people on this cruise vowed never again to cruise with NCL and would seek other cruise lines.

Don

Being one of the passengers on this cruise and having the dubious distinction of being on deck 10 with this obnoxious group - it has changed my opinion of these people. And it not for the better! (just being honest here - so go ahead and flame me if you want).

I did notice the crew went out of there way to accommodate this group, even though they treated the crew like crap. And with that being said: Why is NCL doing that???? Aren't the rest of us just as important? I went down to guest services and complained a few times about the bad behavior and all I got were apologies, but the bad behavior continued.

I have decided to put my next NCL cruise on hold and think about whether or not I want to continue with NCL or not (I'm a Platinum Latitudes member).

And finally, even with the stormy seas on Saturday: if you remove the Yeshiva group..... this would have been one of the best cruises.

Janine I totally agree with you,we did meet some nice people on this cruise and made some life long new friends.The weather was a act of God and no fault of the cruise line,but yes it was minor compared to the obnoxious group.

You really should as we did cancel your future bookings with NCL to make our message's loud and clear!

Janine I totally agree with you,we did meet some nice people on this cruise and made some life long new friends.The weather was a act of God and no fault of the cruise line,but yes it was minor compared to the obnoxious group.

You really should as we did cancel your future bookings with NCL to make our message's loud and clear!

It is a shame that NCL will be losing a lot of loyal customers because of this group and what they did.

I would rather remember our cruise as the worst storm our Captain went through on a cruise ship (as he mentioned on Sunday during the Q&A up in the Spinnaker Lounge), than how the Yeshiva group ruined so many peoples vacation!

It's funny how the storm has been over shadowed by that groups bad behavior. And that was some storm!!!!!!!

Does the yeshiva group book as a group under the school's name, or do they book as individuals. If they book as a group, it should be easy to deny reservations to them.

Why did the NCL crew not do much to correct the miscreants? The captain should have disembarked all 500.

What is the name of the school, so we can check their schedule and not book a cruise during its vacation time.

Shamefully, these parents don't know any better, and they are passing on their nastiness to their children. Being wealthy does not give anyone the right to be rude.

We'll be aboard the Gem in April. Hopefully, they don't have a spring Yeshiva Week.

It is a shame that NCL will be losing a lot of loyal customers because of this group and what they did.

I would rather remember our cruise as the worst storm our Captain went through on a cruise ship (as he mentioned on Sunday during the Q&A up in the Spinnaker Lounge), than how the Yeshiva group ruined so many peoples vacation!

It's funny how the storm has been over shadowed by that groups bad behavior. And that was some storm!!!!!!!

I might not give up cruising NCL, but I would be careful not to book on Yeshiva Week.

Does the yeshiva group book as a group under the school's name, or do they book as individuals. If they book as a group, it should be easy to deny reservations to them.

Why did the NCL crew not do much to correct the miscreants? The captain should have disembarked all 500.

What is the name of the school, so we can check their schedule and not book a cruise during its vacation time.

Shamefully, these parents don't know any better, and they are passing on their nastiness to their children. Being wealthy does not give anyone the right to be rude.

We'll be aboard the Gem in April. Hopefully, they don't have a spring Yeshiva Week.

They did not book as a group. That is why it was hard to determine who belonged to the group. DH and I were on the same cruise. Yes there were some issues. We still enjoyed our cruise and look forward to cruising NCL again. But not in January.

They said at our Meet and Greet that they do. I'm sure NCL reads these reviews. This is one of the most popular cruise sites around and there is plenty of good information here.

I must not have been paying attention when they said that. My stomach was doing a lot of flip flops during the meeting.

The post cruise survey asks if we belong to CC and if we review before and or after.

I just completed ( 5 minutes ago ) the post cruise survey and it didn't ask for that info !?!

I will post in a few days my review about last weeks cruise on the Gem...I prefer to calm down and to a better review of "THAT" week...

I just completed ( 5 minutes ago ) the post cruise survey and it didn't ask for that info !?!

I will post in a few days my review about last weeks cruise on the Gem...I prefer to calm down and to a better review of "THAT" week...

Yes it did ask that question.

Thought you weren't cruising with us. You were the original host of the Meet and Greet and backed out. Sorry you didn't join us.

Yes it did ask that question.

Thought you weren't cruising with us. You were the original host of the Meet and Greet and backed out. Sorry you didn't join us.

Maybe there are different surveys for US resident and non-us resident ?...I can assure you mine didn't ask that question.

...and yes I had to back out due to medical issues and was given the "ok" (with some limitations) to cruise on the last day of the "free" cancellation window...

Maybe there are different surveys for US resident and non-us resident ?...I can assure you mine didn't ask that question.

...and yes I had to back out due to medical issues and was given the "ok" (with some limitations) to cruise on the last day of the "free" cancellation window...

Mine didn't ask either and since it was mentioned on here, I was looking for it, but not there.

I waited until today to send my letter to NCL. I needed to collect my thoughts and read the comments of all DH and I met on the cruise. We were appalled at the lack of security presence on this cruise. We hope they take the concerns I addressed for future cruises. I also contacted our travel agency who is also taking action. Traveling in a suite we were not as aware of all of the problems. With all of us contacting Norwegian hopefully that will bring change in the future.

I am not too educated here but apparently they used to charter ships for that week with other cruise lines. Again alleged because I personally don't know. Then from what I heard from several sources they were banned from carnival and the lines would not charter them any longer. So they individually booked ncl. But ncl has all of the information needed to ban them as well. My letter to them is action driven. What are you going to do to ensure they never sail again? How will you recognize the outstanding crew for the efforts they gave and always do? So on and so on. It can't happen it just can't. By day 5 I was less relaxed then when I had left. And that has NEVER happened to me. I love ncl.

NCL had to be aware of this group booking's, they must prepare for making there kitchens Kosher approved and bring in special paper plates for the group to eat off of.All ships officers turned there heads the other way when so many rules were broken on board the ship.

I am not too educated here but apparently they used to charter ships for that week with other cruise lines. Again alleged because I personally don't know. Then from what I heard from several sources they were banned from carnival and the lines would not charter them any longer. So they individually booked ncl. But ncl has all of the information needed to ban them as well. My letter to them is action driven. What are you going to do to ensure they never sail again? How will you recognize the outstanding crew for the efforts they gave and always do? So on and so on. It can't happen it just can't. By day 5 I was less relaxed then when I had left. And that has NEVER happened to me. I love ncl.

Excellent Point.

I am booked on the Breakaway for next January.

I would assume that NCL will know by the summer whether or not this group is booked on my January 15th cruise.

If so, I hope I can move my reservation to January 29th to avoid these obnoxios people my family and I were forced to endure. We booked a Haven Aft Master Bedroom Suite for our 45th Anniversary and my 70th Birthday. I want this cruise to be perfect and these anti-social people would certainly make that difficult.

Don

Excellent Point.

I am booked on the Breakaway for next January.

I would assume that NCL will know by the summer whether or not this group is booked on my January 15th cruise.

If so, I hope I can move my reservation to January 29th to avoid these obnoxios people my family and I were forced to endure. We booked a Haven Aft Master Bedroom Suite for our 45th Anniversary and my 70th Birthday. I want this cruise to be perfect and these anti-social people would certainly make that difficult.

Don

We are planning a January Breakaway cruise as well to celebrate our anniversary and after reading the posts about "the group" we are now thinking of booking the January 29 cruise.

Lenny