Help needed in getting from ship to Book of Kells and then

stipmom

The Book of Kells is kept at Trinity College, which is a block or two from where the shuttle buses drop you off at. The Brewery is about 30 minutes walk west. So that is walkable.

From the ship to Trinity College is a pretty long walk. I wouldn't, given your limited time in port.

The Book of Kells is kept at Trinity College, which is a block or two from where the shuttle buses drop you off at. The Brewery is about 30 minutes walk west. So that is walkable.

From the ship to Trinity College is a pretty long walk. I wouldn't, given your limited time in port.

Is it a port-provided shuttle or is it from your cruise line?

Thanks.

Princess has a paid shuttle into Dublin.

I took a taxi about 15E from the port to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. After I walk to the Hop On Hop Off (HOHO) bus which around the corner. There is a stop on the HOHO bus for Guinness. I took a taxi back to the ship.

I purchased Book of Kells, HOHO, Guinness tickets online.

Edited by phabric

Princess has a paid shuttle into Dublin.

I took a taxi about 15E from the port to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. After I walk to the Hop On Hop Off (HOHO) bus which around the corner. There is a stop on the HOHO bus for Guinness. I took a taxi back to the ship.

I purchased Book of Kells, HOHO, Guinness tickets online.

We did the same, take the ship shuttle to Trinity College then see the College and Book of Kells (the University has great tours and cheap), Then do the HoHo bus to Guinness. No way would I try to walk to Guinness from Trinity.

Just to orient yourself, ships' shuttles drop you off at the head of Kildare Street. When you exit the coach, turn left and walk a few yards to Nassau Street, cross it, and then turn left again. In about two blocks, you'll come to an entrance into Trinity College, well-signposted to the building with the Book of Kells. BTW, when you finish with the exhibit and the Book, don't fail to go upstairs and see the long gallery of the old Trinity College Library.

Leave the same way you came in, turn right and continue on Nassau Street as it curves around to the main entrance of Trinity College, where you will find a HO-HO stop (at least for the red bus; there is also a green HO-HO, and it probably stops nearby).