Crown & Anchor points question?

astera

I take it you get one point per night in regular cabins and double the amount when in mini-suites and above.

Do they double the entire tally again just because you're sailing with the family (wife & kids) or anything like that? I'm trying to understand how the system works and it seems like I'm getting the 1 point/night for a normal cabin and 2 points/night for the mini-suite, but then the total points I see listed is double the sum of the above cruises. Is this normal?

Edited by astera

I take it you get one point per night in regular cabins and double the amount when in mini-suites and above.

Do they double the entire tally again just because you're sailing with the family (wife & kids) or anything like that? I'm trying to understand how the system works and it seems like I'm getting the 1 point/night for a normal cabin and 2 points/night for the mini-suite, but then the total points I see listed is double the sum of the above cruises. Is this normal?

No, you don't get any extra for extra people

What should happen is say you and you wife spent 5 nights in a suite together, then you would each get 10 points on your individual C&A accounts.

If you're seeing 20 points on your account, then something has gone wrong. Perhaps both of you were mistakenly listed as the same number? Can you see if your wife's account has any points for that trip?

Right, so how would I end up with double points on top of the 1x/2x points for normal/suite rooms?

How many points did you get, how long was the cruise, what stateroom category did you have, and how many people were in the stateroom?

If you have your crown and anchor number , log into their website. If you never log in or have membership with them enroll it. It easy. If you have any trouble with it call their reps. make sure you know when you last sailed, ship name, number of nights and who traveled with you.

points are earned PER PERSON based on category.

There have been a few promotions that awarded extra points. [very few]

The best know was the "Diamonds in December" that ended a couple of years ago. That awarded extra points for Diamond members that cruised in December.

More recently there was a promotion for extra points if you booked airfare with Cruise Air.

About 3 years ago there was a promotion based on cabin type to encourage bookings. For example a 7 night cruise on the Explorer to Bermuda in an inside gained 2 points and I think the Suite got either 4 or 8 points.

Solo cruisers get an additional point per night depending on the category of cabin. [i.e. 7 night cruise 14 points for regular cabin and 21 points for suite.]

In my cruise history it lists the correct number of points per cruise, but in the total on the left part of the page I see double the points for some reason.

Oh well, can't complain I guess...

Ok, I think I know what the issue is though it still does not explain everything...

In the cruise history it lists the CREDIT VALUE for each cruise. This is calculated correctly.

But on the left it lists COMPLETED CRUISE CREDITS as double that.

There is a mini-FAQ there with an appropriate question like the one that I'm asking: Do your Cruise Credits not match your Credit Value?

A: The Cruise Value column is the total number of cruise credits you have earned on your own. The Completed Cruise Credits are the total number of credits your household has earned.

I can only fathom that kids (even though they have their own C&A #s) had a bearing on these double credits as I did not siphon any points from my wife, who has the same tally as myself which is double of what it would normally be.

Edited by astera

Ok, I think I know what the issue is though it still does not explain everything...

In the cruise history it lists the CREDIT VALUE for each cruise. This is calculated correctly.

But on the left it lists COMPLETED CRUISE CREDITS as double that.

There is a mini-FAQ there with an appropriate question like the one that I'm asking: Do your Cruise Credits not match your Credit Value?

A: The Cruise Value column is the total number of cruise credits you have earned on your own. The Completed Cruise Credits are the total number of credits your household has earned.

I can only fathom that kids (even though they have their own C&A #s) had a bearing on these double credits as I did not siphon any points from my wife, who has the same tally as myself which is double of what it would normally be.

Has nothing to do with your kids. It appears that there is a mistake. Without seeing a screenshot of that page it is difficult to determine what the problem is.

In my cruise history it lists the correct number of points per cruise, but in the total on the left part of the page I see double the points for some reason.

Oh well, can't complain I guess...

They may jave you linked with someone with double your points. Let it alone until you pass up the phantom linkee.

Edited by clarea