Can you board the ship immediately after check in?

CrazyPartyOf4

This might be a silly question, but I'm wondering if you're able to board right after check in. There is a range of check in times and since we will be traveling with kids, I want to make sure we check in at a time when we will be able to go directly onto the ship. Sorry for having to ask this / it's been about 6 years since we've been on a cruise and it was without kids so we weren't thinking of any such thing. Thanks!

My suggestion would be to wait until about 1 or 1:30 to arrive at port. There is no way to determine if there will be long line in check in but at least you would be able to check in, board and go straight to your room. I know being able to go right to the room was wonderful when we traveled with the granddaughter. We dropped off all our junk, headed up to the Lido for a bite to eat and then it was nap time.

I don't know if you booked yet but if there is any way to stretch the budget for a balcony I would highly recommend it with kiddos. My DD and SIL will put the kids down and enjoy some quiet time on the balcony. It also make a great place for Grandma to hang out while she babysits.

My suggestion would be to wait until about 1 or 1:30 to arrive at port. There is no way to determine if there will be long line in check in but at least you would be able to check in, board and go straight to your room. I know being able to go right to the room was wonderful when we traveled with the granddaughter. We dropped off all our junk, headed up to the Lido for a bite to eat and then it was nap time.

I highly second this! Rooms are open at 1:30 for everyone, and there is nothing like dropping everything off in your room, grabbing a quick lunch, and putting the kids (and yourself!) down for a nap before muster drill. Even as my kids got older, they liked relaxing after all the hustle of travel and getting on board.

Not sure if the poster is talking about the new check in procedure.

Does that mean that if we choose an early check in time (say 10.30 - 11.00am) we may check in but then wait a while yet. With the new staggered check-in, what would be the best time to choose to avoid long waiting??

not sure if the poster is talking about the new check in procedure.

Does that mean that if we choose an early check in time (say 10.30 - 11.00am) we may check in but then wait a while yet. With the new staggered check-in, what would be the best time to choose to avoid long waiting??

1:30-2:00.

From our experience once you get your sign-n-sail you can go onto the ship. If all is normal it may take a few minutes because you have to go through security checkpoint. On one of our cruises we had delayed boarding due to USCG inspection and had to wait after check in.