Adventure of the Seas--a bit of a rant

snowdayz

I noticed a few of the items you mentioned while on the Adventure, but it had zero impact on our cruise. But, that's just us. We cruise enough and get to re-experience a lot of the cruise events we have before. So, for us, it's all part of the experience. Been cruising for 16 years and have yet to have a bad or perfect cruise, but they are all amazing. Attitude and perspective is half the battle.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

It's very interesting to read these comments. My daughter-in-law and son-in-law were on the January 16 ceiling of Adventure, only their second cruise. I think their first one was three days. They did mention that the upholstery in their room looked worn, but other than that it sounds like they had a fantastic time, met lots of nice people, and had nice things to say about the ship. This tells me it's all in your perspective.

In our case, we have had six or eight sailings on Celebrity S class ships and while they are beautiful, they have spoiled us. Things that I wouldn't have noticed or commented on had I not been so spoiled became a major issue on our recent M class sailing. Again, all about perspective. We are currently looking at a couple of older RCCL ships, Vision and Splendour, and I am worried that I would be very disappointed. I think an attitude adjustment is in order!!

Edited by CathyCruises

I agree. There's no getting away from reusable stuff. The cruise line can't provide these items brand new every cruise.

Robyn. Which itin are you doing in 6 days?

Hey there :) Looking forward to getting back onboard my favorite ship!

We are going to St. Croix, St. Kitts, Martinique, St. Maarten and Barbados :)

2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise at La Concha on the Condado..

I hope this week goes fast, Robyn! We are so excited too. Reading this thread doesn't bother me a bit. I know we are going to have a wonderful time on the lovely Adventure! <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing your "review"/report.

We'e on the same itinerary with Adventure in 2 more months.

Looking forward to seeing your "review"/report.

We'e on the same itinerary with Adventure in 2 more months.

Unfortunately I will not be reporting "Live", and I don't usually post reviews after the cruise. That being said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the ship, itinerary etc. :)

For those (Gowensricks, etc.) who will be sailing now, or "before" April, I would love to read your pros/cons.

I am disappointed to read that they do not furnish the egg crates. I don't know why they could not use them over and over again (or that is MY understanding), like the pillows, etc.

None of these things (pealing paint & worn upholstery etc) on my upcoming May B2B on Adventure will bother me through my "rose colored cruise glasses". I wore them on my last Jewel cruise too ;):)

The egg crate mattresses are not used in hospitals because they are flammable. They never reused the egg crate mattresses in the hospitals. If we used them they were brand new. I hate to think that Royal Caribbean reuses the egg crate mattresses.

Oh, they were reused, alright.

To think anything else is naive.

Source: I saw it happen.

We have been on the Adventure of the Seas twice (two different itineraries) and enjoyed nearly everything about both cruises. I say nearly because to my wife, the beds were as hard as cement slabs.

We spoke to the room steward who very graciously placed several "mattress toppers" under the bottom sheet. The next morning, when he asked my wife whether she had a better night's sleep and she said "no", he returned later and placed two or three more on top of those already there. That did the trick, and she was comfortable for the remainder of the cruise.

We were told that egg crate mattress toppers are not used any longer. The ones we had on our beds on both cruises are made of thin, washable fabric.

Thanks for posting your review.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Interesting how from one cruise to another, or from many different people on the same ship, whether the same sailing or different ones have varied experiences. We've been on 5 now(4 carnival, 1 rcl) and have had different experiences as well. None real bad, we've had the cranky waiter, lacking room steward but generally over-all it's been great. Really makes a difference though when the bartender, waiter, room steward smiles and puts forth a good effort, or even just the maintenance guy painting somewhere stops to smile and say hello....

I think it's just when you get this many people on a whole fleet of ships, unfortunately you're just going to run into a sour-puss once in awhile...

As a quick example of perception, we ate in the windjammer on 3 nights on Adventure last week. On night one the experience was not pleasant, food choices were basic and seemed bland. The other 2 nights it was excellent especially the night the featured an Indian themed buffet. If we had only eaten the first night in the windjammer we would have commented that it was not very good. My point is that all experiences can differ from day to day and cruise to cruise.

With all this said we had a great time.

We loved Giovanis table and wish we could have eaten there more than the 2 nights we did. Johnny Rockets was great, best service on the ship hands down.