Excursion cancelled. Disappointed.

Mak7464

Did they say why?

Here is what I got

Dear Matthew,

Due to changes necessary, we have cancelled some of your selections for your upcoming cruise.

These cancellations are based on one of the following scenarios:

* There has been a change to your cruise itinerary or one of the ports visited required for

certain selections to be cancelled from your reservation;

* There has been a change to the arrival and/or departure time for a specific port that required

for certain selections to be cancelled from your reservation;

* The item you reserved or purchased is no longer available;

* The date of birth of one of the guests has been changed making the purchase no longer valid.

Special Note:

Dear Guest,

Please be advised tour QCD1 Reef Snorkeling and Sandbar Party Boat will not be offered for your sailing date. The tour has been cancelled from your booking and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. Please revisit the website or once on board the vessel to purchase an alternate tour. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Very easy to snorkel at Coco Cay. All you need is snorkel stuff.

You don't need an organized excursion if you make it there.

Which they rent on the island to anyone, no excursion needed to rent.

Mark and Bob are right...some of the best snorkeling we've ever done was at Coco Cay...my one and only octopus was and still is residing there right in the lagoon with the large rocks (reef) along with huge sea stars. The second part of Snorkel Bach. Go out to the Lifeguard stands and see an abundance of fish. Over to the salt grass on the back side of the island to see small sand sharks and eagle rays plus Conchs and other tiny critters.

You don't need any help doing that. If you make anchor and can tender, you'll be fine.

Edited by BecciBoo

I'm sorry it was cancelled and understand your disappointment. One of our excursions was cancelled on our recent Allure cruise. However, we were not told until two days before the port. We were told it was due to "equipment problems" which was odd since it was a golf outing. Dh made a call to the golf course and found out that there was no problem renting clubs or shoes so we asked the excursion desk what the deal was. After much discussion, the excursion staff reluctantly admitted that they didn't have enough transportation lined up to take a small group to the golf course so they cancelled the excursion. There was no problem with our taking a taxi to the golf course. As others have suggested here, you should be able to snorkel at Coco Cay by taking a taxi there. Go and enjoy your day.

Mark and Bob are right...some of the best snorkeling we've ever done was at Coco Cay...my one and only octopus was and still is residing there right in the lagoon with the large rocks (reef) along with huge sea stars. The second part of Snorkel Bach. Go out to the Lifeguard stands and see an abundance of fish. Over to the salt grass on the back side of the island to see small sand sharks and eagle rays plus Conchs and other tiny critters.

You don't need any help doing that. If you make anchor and can tender, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info, BecciBoo! We just booked a cruise which will include our first stop at Coco Cay. I have had varying degrees of success in finding decent snorkeling on other private islands we have visited, so I was wondering about what we might expect to find at Coco Cay. I will be packing our snorkel gear, and have made a note of where you said to look. :D

Ma7464, I'm sorry your excursion was cancelled. It is disappointing to have that happen when you were really looking forward to that excursion. I hope you will still be able to find the snorkeling BecciBoo described, and I'm sure you will be able to find a way to do some partying on the island as well. Hope you will be able to make the most of your day on Coco Cay regardless of your disappointment.

Edited by perfect match

I'm sorry it was cancelled and understand your disappointment. One of our excursions was cancelled on our recent Allure cruise. However, we were not told until two days before the port. We were told it was due to "equipment problems" which was odd since it was a golf outing. Dh made a call to the golf course and found out that there was no problem renting clubs or shoes so we asked the excursion desk what the deal was. After much discussion, the excursion staff reluctantly admitted that they didn't have enough transportation lined up to take a small group to the golf course so they cancelled the excursion. There was no problem with our taking a taxi to the golf course. As others have suggested here, you should be able to snorkel at Coco Cay by taking a taxi there. Go and enjoy your day.

There are no taxis at Coco Cay.

So I got an email today that my excursion (snorkeling) at coco cay for next week on Grandeur was cancelled. Really disappointed. This was the only one we booked. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least you got an email. My entire trip changed and I got nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app