Coral princess cruise Cruise from Hell

1MKS1128

Thanks, we are in the window to cancel our coral princess cruise. Will stay away from that ship!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

wow. I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation of my Coral cruise. I can't wait. I've already bought a new camera lens, and a new camera :eek: to get the best photos of Alaska. I am super excited and won't worry about what might or might not be wrong with the ship three months from now ;)

wow. I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation of my Coral cruise. I can't wait. I've already bought a new camera lens, and a new camera :eek: to get the best photos of Alaska. I am super excited and won't worry about what might or might not be wrong with the ship three months from now ;)

I haven't bought ANY camera equipment yet but I'm very excited also!!! None of this other stuff will deter from my enthusiasm.

I was on January 14 to January 23. Varnish flaking on the balcony railing , floor of balcony had white Stuff all over it as well as seagull poop, area around balcony very dirty with black soot, fire in the incinerator alarm were off 11pm not over until several hours later and previous passenger had used the shower curtain as a handkerchief. I had paid an upcharge for the balcony and was recovering from eye surgery that was done two days before the trip. My expectations were for clean quiet peaceful nothing fancy . Never expected boogers in the bathroom

I was on this cruise, and I think this real emergency situation was handled expertly!

A friend and I were just served our drinks in Crooners when the first alarm was sounded by the captain. The entertainer stopped and we listened. The entire crew was ordered to their muster stations. The captain informed us that it was "Crew Only" for muster. All passenger services stopped, and the crew was alert and understandably tense because it was real and not just a drill. The captain kept us informed and gave the all clear within an hour of the initial alarm. He fully explained that a fire in the incinerator room was discovered and extinguished.

The next morning I exited my stateroom as the couple across the hall was finishing their angry complaint directed at our cabin steward for being woken up by the captain's announcements and alarms. When they said something to me as the three of us were entering the elevator, I told them I think the captain did the right thing, that I hoped there never was another situation like that but that if it did happen I hoped the captain would handle it the same way. It was a quiet elevator ride.

As others have posted, it's perception and state of mind.

1MKS1128, did you mention the shower curtain to your cabin steward, who could have quickly remedied the situation, or did you just wait to tell us about it here?

If you really want to see what a "cruise from hell" is like, head over to the Royal Caribbean board and read the threads about the Anthem of the Seas, then tell me which cruise you'd prefer. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Weather conditions are not controllable. Anyone who is foolish enough to book a cruise from New Jersey or any state in the north east in February should not be surprised that there could be severe storms. However I would not expect to have a toilet that doesn't work, a flooded stateroom or lack of hot water in the shower. These are all mechanical issues that should be corrected as part of a regular maintenance routine. Those who were not impacted by the above would still be able to enjoy the cruise as it seems like food and service were on par.

Sounds like Princess didn't live up to their promise of coming back new. I would be upset too if my vacation were lessened by what the OP described. We go with a good attitude and then it's up to the cruise to keep that positive. For some people it seems the cruise line cannot do anything wrong.

Did the OP know that their cruise was the first cruise after dry dock? I don't know, but it would not take a genius to realize that there could be some issues with the first cruise or two after an overhaul. So yes Princess may be at fault to a degree, but anyone who has ever built something or rehabbed something could have predicted these issues and if you knowingly booked this cruise should have had some idea that there would be issues still being addressed.

Sounds like Princess didn't live up to their promise of coming back new. I would be upset too if my vacation were lessened by what the OP described. We go with a good attitude and then it's up to the cruise to keep that positive. For some people it seems the cruise line cannot do anything wrong.

They did come back new. They left happy and excited and came back angry and disgusted.

I was on this cruise, and I think this real emergency situation was handled expertly!

A friend and I were just served our drinks in Crooners when the first alarm was sounded by the captain. The entertainer stopped and we listened. The entire crew was ordered to their muster stations. The captain informed us that it was "Crew Only" for muster. All passenger services stopped, and the crew was alert and understandably tense because it was real and not just a drill. The captain kept us informed and gave the all clear within an hour of the initial alarm. He fully explained that a fire in the incinerator room was discovered and extinguished.

The next morning I exited my stateroom as the couple across the hall was finishing their angry complaint directed at our cabin steward for being woken up by the captain's announcements and alarms. When they said something to me as the three of us were entering the elevator, I told them I think the captain did the right thing, that I hoped there never was another situation like that but that if it did happen I hoped the captain would handle it the same way. It was a quiet elevator ride.

As others have posted, it's perception and state of mind.

1MKS1128, did you mention the shower curtain to your cabin steward, who could have quickly remedied the situation, or did you just wait to tell us about it here?

Excellent post, thank you ... For me, i usually give more thought and time to posts filled with common sense and little or no drama. Your post had a lotta common sense and no drama.

be safe.

Edited by tml1230

Excellent post, thank you ... For me, i usually give more thought and time to posts filled with common sense and little or no drama. Your post had a lotta common sense and no drama.

be safe.

For the record this is not the cruise the OP is posting about.

They did come back new. They left happy and excited and came back angry and disgusted.

I sympathize with those who had plumbing and/or other issues with their cabin. Fortunately we had a flushing toilet, hot water most of the time, and working A/C. We were among the many who we not angry and disgusted. Instead we while were disappointed with the missed ports (one not Princess's fault), we were totally satisfied with the compensation from Princess. We had an enjoyable cruise and will now be able to take another at reduced cost.

Edited by mreasier

Wife and I were on it. If you read the full review recently submitted: An Unfortunate Series of Events, I think it very accurately describes exactly what we all experienced. Kind of strange being able to touch land only once in six days! We felt the compensation offered from Princess was fair and we hope to travel with them again but,certainly, not the Coral!

I sympathize with those who had plumbing and/or other issues with their cabin. Fortunately we had a flushing toilet, hot water most of the time, and working A/C. We were among the many who we not angry and disgusted. Instead we while were disappointed with the missed ports (one not Princess's fault), we were totally satisfied with the compensation from Princess. We had an enjoyable cruise and will now be able to take another at reduced cost.

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't know how I would have reacted if I had one of the rooms with a flood problem like one of the other posters referred to. Missing a port can happen on any cruise line so I can accept that. The internet is also hit or miss so that would not have an impact on my trip either.

Did the OP know that their cruise was the first cruise after dry dock? I don't know, but it would not take a genius to realize that there could be some issues with the first cruise or two after an overhaul. So yes Princess may be at fault to a degree, but anyone who has ever built something or rehabbed something could have predicted these issues and if you knowingly booked this cruise should have had some idea that there would be issues still being addressed.

The only time there may be issues after a dry dock is if they are remodeling such as adding staterooms or new venues. Even then it would be cosmetic and maybe some electronic issues such as MUTs or the internet not working. Rule of thumb is never book a cruise a week before or a week after a dry dock retro fit or the first itinerary on a brand new ship. Other dry dock events are just regular maintenance. From what some are describing as issues such as leaking staterooms and broken toilets one has to wonder what was done during dry dock. That would have been the time to fix those problems.

• 5 months later...
OP, if I did not have a working toilet in my stateroom for six days, I would be upset also. Was it really 6 days? :eek:

After 6 days without a working toilet your eyeballs would be floating! :eek: