Suite Guarantee - Changing Cabin Assignment

jaspersmommy

I've booked W class (suite guarantee) for an upcoming cruise. I have now been assigned an accessible Sky Suite. Normally, once your stateroom has been assigned, X will allow you to switch to another stateroom within the same category (although a couple of recent posters stated that they weren't allowed to do so...)

I'd like to change my stateroom if possible. Can anyone tell me if I should be allowed to change to a regular S1 now that my stateroom has been assigned, or is a regular S1 considered a different category of stateroom from an accessable Sky Suite? There are still several regular S1's available.

Thanks!

You are truly caught in a conundrum. The number designations usually do not mean a whole lot but in this case they do. All you can do is ask. if it does not work would do so again on board, but have had accessible cabins and they are almost always larger by 10-20% with larger verandas as well.

I've booked W class (suite guarantee) for an upcoming cruise. I have now been assigned an accessible Sky Suite. Normally, once your stateroom has been assigned, X will allow you to switch to another stateroom within the same category (although a couple of recent posters stated that they weren't allowed to do so...)

I'd like to change my stateroom if possible. Can anyone tell me if I should be allowed to change to a regular S1 now that my stateroom has been assigned, or is a regular S1 considered a different category of stateroom from an accessable Sky Suite? There are still several regular S1's available.

Thanks!

Phone them, I they have several S1 cabins available they may be willing to upgrade you at a minimal cost....no harm trying...Good Luck.

Thanks all. I tried calling X anyway and tried 3 different people. No luck changing to S1. I was well aware that I could end up with anything when I booked it. There was only one accessible suite left but still several S1s when I booked the guarantee, so I thought there may be a chance I'd get an S1. I don't really care too much that it's accessible and yes, the extra space will be welcome. The bigger issue for me is that the accessible suites are on the port side, and I wanted starboard as it's a one-way Alaska cruise. I was hoping for the starboard view, not necessarily the S1 itself.

Oh well, I'm still fine with the accessible suite. I got the 4 Go Best perks plus the Extra deal for an additional $300 OBC, and it cost less money than the X cruise I booked two years ago for the same route on approximately the same date with NO perks. Everybody wins. :D