NCL Breakaway fighting a storm!

beerman2

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite afternoons on a cruise ship -- sitting in a hot tub in the pouring rain in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on a TA. Don't know why there were only three of us enjoying this. :)

Was there a bar open nearby?

If so, perfection.

Breakaway cruising through yesterday's Mavericks competition.

breakaway-wave.jpg

I miss going to the Mavericks:o

For those worried about big waves at sea please don't book a cruise

I would like the cruise prices to drop

Has anyone else got word from NCL regarding a late arrival of Breakaway? I got a message... not to arrive before noon. I wonder if other early embarkation folks got the same message/

I didn't get a message. Only heard it on these boards and then called NCL myself to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For all those naysayers and amateur comics about the weather, the BA was down to 12 knots last night due to large waves reported to to 40-45 ft. BA arrival back into port was suppose to be 7:00 a.m , which turned out to be 10:00 a. m.

My info was coming from a CC member on board , who is Platinum with NCL, so therefore I was just relaying info she was sending!

She was on deck 8 with the waves coming up to deck 7 as reported by Jeannie!

There was another post last night saying for those embarking today to not arrive before noon.

We got off the BA this morning and I didn't think there was anything higher than 20 foot waves. We were out and about and I didn't see waves hitting as high as the 7th deck but maybe we were looking at the wrong times. It was a little rough but not crazy. I wouldn't want to be looking out a cabin window on one of the lower decks though!

At Howl at the Moon last night one of the piano players said deck 9 was like a bowling alley with luggage rolling up and down the corridors. :p

We did have an impressive lightning show on Friday night.

I agree with C-line. We were on this cruise and were on deck 6 at the Atrium Friday and Saturday before dinner and the waves were no where close to that height. The lightning was incredible - I was seeing it from Fat Cats and although I was really enjoying the show (Charlie Love is not to be missed), I really wanted to be somewhere watching the lightning. The fog and squalls on Saturday were very cool. We would be looking at the bridge cam and looking outside our balcony on deck 14 toward the aft on starboard side and the view from balcony always looked much worse. We had the easiest disembarkation with easy walk off making a great cruise perfect.

Lightning @sea is amazing.

I hope to capture a time lapse of a typical Caribbean storm at night.

Here's what such a thing looks like for those interested:

I did see a nice line Friday night offshore and thought to myself if anyone is sailing through that they are in for a treat. (that is if it's your thing ;) )

I cruised the 1st week of January with my 2 daughters and hit rough seas 2nd to last day. The captain told us we would hit storms around 3am and he was right. The next morning we had 32.8 ft. waves and 50 mile an hour winds. We were in the Haven and wouldn't think of trying to walk down the halls. Closet doors slamming open,glass doors over bar pushing open with glasses almost falling out. I kept pushing them back. Seems like this has been a winter with many storms hitting the Northeast.