crazy B2B, need thoughts

wickedhangover

we don't fly but love to drive. So I'm wondering if this sounds way too crazy.

Drive to Baltimore airport, park in long term parking.

Rent a car, drive to Tampa, drop off car at Tampa airport.

Taxi to hotel.

Next day, taxi to board Pride, 7 day cruise

Next cruise, 14 day, tampa ends in Baltimore

Take taxi from port to Baltimore airport and pickup the car from long term parking.

I know I'm nuts, but does anyone see a fatal flaw in this plan?

we don't fly but love to drive. So I'm wondering if this sounds way too crazy.

Drive to Baltimore airport, park in long term parking.

Rent a car, drive to Tampa, drop off car at Tampa airport.

Taxi to hotel.

Next day, taxi to board Pride, 7 day cruise

Next cruise, 14 day, tampa ends in Baltimore

Take taxi from port to Baltimore airport and pickup the car from long term parking.

I know I'm nuts, but does anyone see a fatal flaw in this plan?

Nevermind

Edited by Shmoo here

Driving from CT so not really any pickup options, $8 day/long term, so I don't think that's too bad. I try and look at the whole cost of the vacation and this isn't that much to add on.

Could you rent the car from Enterprise and have them pick you up and then take a taxi from the port to home? It could save you on parking but I'm not sure how far you are from everything.

just did the pride journey out of Baltimore, was a 6 hour drive since we stopped to eat lunch.

Basically the problem I'm facing is I want to go back on the pride but very few itineraries interest me. Typing that out I realize how snobby it sounds. But this would be a way to do b2b, 21 days and yes, I actually like to drive.

But I think the suggestion of having Enterprise pick us up is great, I forgot that they do that. I think I can make this work, thanks for all the ideas.

And yes, flying to Tampa would be easier. I'm one of the annoying conspiracy theory guy that talks about contrails and refuses to fly on commercial jets.

just did the pride journey out of Baltimore, was a 6 hour drive since we stopped to eat lunch.

Basically the problem I'm facing is I want to go back on the pride but very few itineraries interest me. Typing that out I realize how snobby it sounds. But this would be a way to do b2b, 21 days and yes, I actually like to drive.

But I think the suggestion of having Enterprise pick us up is great, I forgot that they do that. I think I can make this work, thanks for all the ideas.

And yes, flying to Tampa would be easier. I'm one of the annoying conspiracy theory guy that talks about contrails and refuses to fly on commercial jets.

Larry & I are booked on that cruise to Baltimore & adding the week before sounds good. Might just look at it. I think you have a great plan.

However we might just put a B2B in the middle of the two mth's she is here.

We need a ship here in Tampa so bad.

Or have the Paradise do seven days now & then. :rolleyes:

So I called my pvp and basically since I cannot book an aft extended on the journey cruise, we're going to skip.

I'm sure it seems silly that I'd skip if I can't have the aft but I've been booking those rooms since 2004, had a problem a few years ago on the liberty which forced us to a side balcony and just did not like it. The only extended left on the pride journey are deck 5 above the theater and right near camp carnival. Sounds noisier than what we're used to.

So all things said, we're looking at b2b2b on the glory in jan 2017. still surfing, we really, really wanted to go to St Maarten but we can skip a year...

Ok, so total change in plans.

Conquest 8 day on Feb 18

Conquest 6 day on Feb 26

Conquest 8 day on Mar 4

The best part is we go to St Maarten twice :)

Thanks for all the input, and yes, I'm nuts and will be driving the 3 days down and 3 days back CT to Ft Lauderdale which is like a whole separate 6 day cruise...

Ok, so total change in plans.

Conquest 8 day on Feb 18

Conquest 6 day on Feb 26

Conquest 8 day on Mar 4

The best part is we go to St Maarten twice :)

Thanks for all the input, and yes, I'm nuts and will be driving the 3 days down and 3 days back CT to Ft Lauderdale which is like a whole separate 6 day cruise...

Wow!!!! What a trip that will be!!!:D:D

Where in CT are you?

We are in Newington, right outside of Hartford.:D

Wow, 3 days each way? According to google maps, it's 20.5 hours via I-95. That's about the same as we would do from KC, and we do it in one push (last time left KC 4 pm on Friday, arrived around 1 pm next day).

I've driven all over the US and still prefer to do most of my driving at night.

Not too far away, North Haven but closer to the New Haven side of town.

It will be our first b2b2b but I can't wait, we leave in 365 days :)

Nice!!!

My grandmother lived in Branford, so I am VERY familiar with the neighborhood!!!!

Have an AMAZING cruise!!!:D:D

Wow, 3 days each way? According to google maps, it's 20.5 hours via I-95. That's about the same as we would do from KC, and we do it in one push (last time left KC 4 pm on Friday, arrived around 1 pm next day).

I've driven all over the US and still prefer to do most of my driving at night.

I chased the Grateful Dead all over the USA myself...But basically I plan the trip out based on a number of factors. I've been driving to Miami annually for the past 16 years and our non-Carnival itinerary goes like this

Rocky Mount, NC - about 9 hours drive, decent hotels and food in this area

St Augustine, specifically World Golf Village, nice hotel and restaurant and I can play min-golf on natural greens and try their hole in one challenge.

Miami, arrive before lunch and spend the day in the hotel pool, nice dinner and figure out what we forgot to pack for the cruise.

On the way back

Savannah, GA - nice hotel, by this time we're sick of food so we get dinner at Waffle House (cheesy eggs and waffles, yum)

Fredericksburg, VA - another really nice area with lots of options and nice hotels

then back home about 2pm.

So in a nutshell, I'm not rushing it, I consider the 3 days down and back as part of the vacation. It gives me time to forget about work, start to feel the warm weather and I find driving on the highways relaxing (that is: south of DC and north of Palm Beach). When we first started I would drive from 4am and get to Jacksonville at about 11pm assuming some traffic and stopping for lunch and dinner. It was just too much and felt like it ruined the trip, for me.

I don't like to rush to get onto the cruise ship because then the whole trip feels rushed and I feel like I missed out on the first day or two by exhausting myself.

I'm also very fortunate in that I work at a university that provides a lot of vacation days to make this possible.