Anthem of Seas - Feb 6th Storm Free Review

AdvGirl

I will try and keep the review short and sweet and "Storm" Free:D

Ship: First the ship is beautiful. I really did like the look and feel of ship.

Cabin: My cabin was 11184 and I really liked it. I think it was narrower then the Cabins I had on Liberty and Alure - but I also think it was longer. I will confirm they are not as sound insulated as other Royal ships I have been on. It was never horrible but I could clearly hear what was happening in the Bathroom above us. I found closet space and storage space to be good as other ships not better, about the same just in different way. Balcony seemed fine just never got much chance to use it.

Windjammer: By far my favorite Windjammer - Only did breakfast though so I can not comment on Lunch or dinner. I really liked how the food stations where layed out really flowed well. I also love the look and feel and the open air seating in the back.

Restaurants: The ability to vary the dining is nice but the restaurants lack the wow you have in the multi-story main dining rooms on other ships. Also heard from on staff person, they said staffing was sufficient, but with the dynamic dining some restaurants got crushed with people and others not so - this kind of explains the varied levels of service. Overall I thought service was good and I was always able to eat where I wanted when I wanted. I did notice when leaving a restaurant that there would be a line to get in - if I went up one floor no line at all. So if you are flexible I think it would never be a problem to get right in as long as you are willing to change venues.

Wonderland - amazing experience, unique food, liked everything I ate - but it is a once and done type of restaurant experience.

Jamie's Italian - good - nothing bad but just expected more.

American Icon - Good lunch liked Crab Cake and Salmon, Spouse liked Pasta Carbonara better here then what she had in Jamie's Italian

Grande - Lobster was good had better but still was good - did notice the quality of the Lobster varied from table to table - some looked very fresh others less so. Coconut Ice cream is very good.

270 - Fresh and very good salads - but on sandwiches make sure to ask for more meat or what ever goes in it - their standard version tends to be more bread then filling. All the salads I tried where good. Thought the Potato salad was very good.

Solarium - only did lunch - chicken salad and a curry dish I had where very good. Anything that was pre- cooked - like chicken and burger patties was on dry and over cooked side.

Entertainment:

Bumper Cars - a blast

I-Fly - fun, scary - the wind made my cheeks flap so hard I got a bruise along my cheek bone - made me laugh when I figured out that is what happened. My spouse recorded the event in slow mo - boy where my cheeks a flapping.

North Star - did not get to try was out of service most of cruise

Spectre Caberte - good - 270 is an amazing location and technology is very cool. The venue made the show not the other way around.

Robot Bar Tender - entertaining first time - if drinks where cheaper would of used it again. I had a Sheerly Temple my spouse had and exotic something or other - both where good.

Royal IQ - Technology - It worked very well at times not so good at others - would not let you cancel reservations only make them - luggage tracking worked great. Cruise Compass was out of sync - I think it had to do with our cruise being a little off from normal.

I really liked the ship - did not like sailing out of cold port. I love sailing out of Florida in winter starting warm and staying warm. Never got any warm on this cruise and coming from midwest that is what I was looking forward to the most. And yes I know it has been cool in Florida - but coming from a place in the low teens 60 degrees would feel great.

Overall really liked the ship and crew - service was good, everyone was helpful, and would not hesitate to sale on Anthem or another Quantum class ship - but only if they where sailing out of florida or some other warm departure location. ;)

I found that the food was never hot enough for me and my dining companions.

The buffet was good, but seating was always always an issue. Even when we walked towards the back, there was still not enough seats. In fact, one day there was an announcement that if you were finished eating to please vacate tables.

despite all that happened on this cruise, we still enjoyed ourselves. The ship is beautiful and lots to do. In fact so much, that we weren't able to do everything we wanted. we should have tho, since it was basically 4 sea days that we had.

I have another thing I forgot to mention. The ship always felt open and not very crowded - I know we where pretty much a full ship but somehow the flow of the ship prevented it from ever feeling over crowded. I can not say the same for the Alure - it felt crowded a lot. Liberty was very much like Anthem - I knew there where a lot of people on board just did not feel that way. There where only two times when I noticed it getting crowded - Monday morning following no food for 18 hours - the Windjamer did get crowded. Also one day when they were having a sale on the Promanade, it was a good sale so seemed like black Friday for a bit. :D:eek:

A tip - if you ever notice an area starting to feel crowded move a little bit away and you will find lots of places that are not. Great ship I want one for Florida sometime in the future.

Thanks so for review...I truly can't wait to cruise more and Royal is on my list...so many things look wonderful. This ship looks wonderful...but they all seem to have something special...just looking forward to one of newer classes.