Any news on future Anthem sailings?

Jo and Rob

We are due to sail on 27th March and appreciate there will be at up to five cruises before then.

My worry is will they limp on now and then dry dock in 6 weeks once everything can be organised which would then hit our cruise.

Is the cruise today going out as planned?

Why is Royal Caribbean so reluctant to tell us what is going on?

I was so impressed with the video of the Captain telling everyone the information they needed to know about the weather but now I am questioning why he didn't mention the problem with the engines at the same time? Passengers aren't daft and could see the wake of the ship so why not come clean?

We are due to sail on 27th March and appreciate there will be at up to five cruises before then.

My worry is will they limp on now and then dry dock in 6 weeks once everything can be organised which would then hit our cruise.

Is the cruise today going out as planned?

Why is Royal Caribbean so reluctant to tell us what is going on?

I was so impressed with the video of the Captain telling everyone the information they needed to know about the weather but now I am questioning why he didn't mention the problem with the engines at the same time? Passengers aren't daft and could see the wake of the ship so why not come clean?

Read the thread...Propulsion damage on the Anthem...page...12,13? Cheng posted a very detailed explanation of the problem and how it doesn't need to be dry docked.

Read the thread...Propulsion damage on the Anthem...page...12,13? Cheng posted a very detailed explanation of the problem and how it doesn't need to be dry docked.

A must to read if you really want to understand the technical aspect.

Royal has had a msg on the top of their US website for the past few days...

'The Anthem of the Seas sailing scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2016 is departing as planned.'

I haven't heard anything different yet

...My worry is will they limp on now and then dry dock in 6 weeks once everything can be organised which would then hit our cruise....

No dry dock needed, clutches are a normal wear item and can be replaced from inside the ship.