Anthem of the Seas Feb 6th - Rebates, Discounts, and Refund Q&A

AdvGirl

Ok now that I am home just wondering how to get our Rebates, Discounts and Refunds. Please lets keep this post to facts and questions from passengers on the Feb 6th sailing - Those of you who have used the process or have what they believe to be accurate information please share - it would be very helpful. I am sure I am not the only person wondering.

First I know the letter I got said we will be refunded the full Cruise price, but not to expect to see anything for 4 to 6 weeks. I am ok with that and will keep my eye open for it when it comes.

Second on the 50% discount on next cruise. I understand it is only up to the amount you paid for this cruise, but not including the port charges - is this correct? I did not get any voucher or secret hand shake so I am wondering how to get this discount and what is the time limit on using it if any (I assume there is a time limit)?

I was told we would be rebated any flight charges caused by having to change our flight to an earlier date. I have no idea how to get the rebate applied for - if anyone knows please let us know!

Please share your questions and answers so others can learn form your experience.

Thanks everyone!:D

Ok now that I am home just wondering how to get our Rebates, Discounts and Refunds. Please lets keep this post to facts and questions from passengers on the Feb 6th sailing - Those of you who have used the process or have what they believe to be accurate information please share - it would be very helpful. I am sure I am not the only person wondering.

First I know the letter I got said we will be refunded the full Cruise price, but not to expect to see anything for 4 to 6 weeks. I am ok with that and will keep my eye open for it when it comes.

Second on the 50% discount on next cruise. I understand it is only up to the amount you paid for this cruise, but not including the port charges - is this correct? I did not get any voucher or secret hand shake so I am wondering how to get this discount and what is the time limit on using it if any (I assume there is a time limit)?

I was told we would be rebated any flight charges caused by having to change our flight to an earlier date. I have no idea how to get the rebate applied for - if anyone knows please let us know!

Please share your questions and answers so others can learn form your experience.

To answer your question about the 50% off, yes it's off the cruise fare only. You are still responsible for port fees and taxes.

Refund for your cruise will most probably be refunded back to the credit card on file.

If you want any info, call C&A 1-800-526-9723 as they would be a better starting point.

If you used a TA, I would also check with them.

The letter in our rooms said the next cruise discount will arrive by mail with the same time frame as the refund.

Just another question - anyone know if that discount can be used on Celebrity?

Since no one has received this discount yet, it's hard to say without seeing the fine print. It would not surprise me if the discount was restricted to Royal.

The letter in our rooms said the next cruise discount will arrive by mail with the same time frame as the refund.

Just another question - anyone know if that discount can be used on Celebrity?

I had one 2 yrs ago. I looked at the Terms and it said it was "valid only for the cruise brand shown above." So, I would say no. YMMV

There were a couple of other constrictions. I. e. it was not allowed on holiday or inaugural cruise or loyal reunion cruises. If you applied it to a cruise with a lower price than the certificate it was still considered used. [had no additional value]

I am not sure if they have set terms for all FCC or if they make it up as they go along. :)

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

The only thing I can add to this conversation is don't be surprised if the credit to your card doesn't come all in one shot. I had a refund a couple of years ago that came in three credits of varying random amounts. I almost called after the first one but waited a day and another appeared. I held off and then received the last. Good luck.

The only thing I can add to this conversation is don't be surprised if the credit to your card doesn't come all in one shot. I had a refund a couple of years ago that came in three credits of varying random amounts. I almost called after the first one but waited a day and another appeared. I held off and then received the last. Good luck.

Thanks that is good to know - I will be patient then when the money starts to be returned.

Anyone dealing with flight issues have any insight on getting change difference refunded?

To answer your question about the 50% off, yes it's off the cruise fare only. You are still responsible for port fees and taxes.

Refund for your cruise will most probably be refunded back to the credit card on file.

If you want any info, call C&A 1-800-526-9723 as they would be a better starting point.

If you used a TA, I would also check with them.

I will be calling C&A for sure, but it is my experience that you do not always get the same answer when you call customer service - thus the reason for this post we can compare notes and make sure when we talk to C&A we get the right answer.

Thanks for the info re: brands!

I am battling with flight issues too - had to pay $500 for a new flight... Not sure if anything will be covered as it wasn't a change fee but my internet isn't working so I haven't even been able to try dealing with that yet!!

Second on the 50% discount on next cruise. I understand it is only up to the amount you paid for this cruise, but not including the port charges - is this correct?

A question about this for those who know the details.

In my experience, the 50% off offer is usually a future cruise credit equal to 50% of the value of the previous cruise that had a problem, not 50% off the next cruise.

Is the one given to the recent Anthem passengers really 50% off the next cruise?

I will be calling C&A for sure, but it is my experience that you do not always get the same answer when you call customer service - thus the reason for this post we can compare notes and make sure when we talk to C&A we get the right answer.

All changes are new flights - so not sure how they can not compensate. I changed my flight twice on board - once for the first scheduled arrival and then for the second - the first change cost $385 for two of us more then original the second change was no cost since flights where same cost. Thanks to Southwest very fare flight change process.

Hopefully someone that has navigated this process can provide us with more insight on how to approach RCL for rebate of increased cost to fly home.

If history repeats, the FCC will have a one year expiration and its value will be 50% of the fare you paid on the Feb 6 sailing.

I am going to assume we do not get any C&A cruise points for this cruise because of the refund. If anyone knows different please let us all know. ;)

I don't really know, but I would not be surprised if they awarded points for the full cruise. I've seen it before when they have had unexpected problems.

Edited by clarea

I don't really know, but I would not be surprised if they awarded points for the full cruise. I've seen it before when they have had unexpected problems.

I agree.

After the Memorial Day 2013 fire on Grandeur of the Seas, all guests got their full week's points plus an extra 7 point as a bonus.

Your kidding right???? Call RCL speak with the company, not CC.......:rolleyes:

Actually, CC posters have some of the most up to date info on a lot of topics (sometimes better info than RCI reps). Totally legit to ask here.

Yes of course we will be talking to RCL but customer service folks in all business give wrong answers from time to time - sharing information is a good thing. Thanks for affirming this.

Well, it depends on the CC posters. Some I trust, others are in the same category as the RCI phone reps, and a few I distrust altogether.:cool:
I agree there is good info on CC, and I can almost count them on both hands regarding the folks I trust to give a correct answer, so I stand corrected in that vein. Regarding the OP, seemed like multiple questions and I would bet that there will be some wrong advise from the masses. If your on CC long enough you more or less know who has the right info 99% of the time.....Sometimes I'm even right....K.O:)

I just got off of the phone with Royal and they said that any associated costs due to changes in transportation (for the second change in arrival time only) would only covered up to $150. To change my flight to an earlier date cost me $200, not counting the $200 for the first change. So basically I'm still out $50 for their misjudgement. Did anyone else get the same information? We were told they'd cover the costs, not cover up to $150 of the costs.